Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Us

The house seem to have had that for a lot of people just a lot missed timing for certain scenes or people just running out into the next too fast to not even see what happened in the room they were in haha, the house could have been done better, they did what they could, I admire the effort, I think Hollywood captured the nuisance of the film abit better especially with their outdoor façade despite the many of black walls in their maze.
Agreed. This house suffered from some timing issues (seems that was a theme for SS24 that year), despite the fact it had some great sets and amazing atmosphere. I feel like it had some moments that were fantastic but as much as I love this house, it ranks in the bottom five for HHN29, especially since HHN29 was such a great year for houses. I’d probably place it at number 6 on my ranking, between Ghostbusters and Depths of Fear.

Agreed. This house suffered from some timing issues (seems that was a theme for SS24 that year), despite the fact it had some great sets and amazing atmosphere. I feel like it had some moments that were fantastic but as much as I love this house, it ranks in the bottom five for HHN29, especially since HHN29 was such a great year for houses. I’d probably place it at number 6 on my ranking, between Ghostbusters and Depths of Fear.
They did what they could for something that seemed so out of place and last minute and highups decision to quickly add into the lineup. It got some fans out of it and I'm sure it got people to go and watch the film but a better experience than what the house delivered but I'm not gonna take away the energy the casts in that house, every cast, every night definitely worked their asses off to make that house great even though sometimes there was missing actors sometimes and they made me appreciate it some of the experiences I had, so I give the house that.

They did what they could for something that seemed so out of place and last minute and highups decision to quickly add into the lineup. It got some fans out of it and I'm sure it got people to go and watch the film but a better experience than what the house delivered but I'm not gonna take away the energy the casts in that house, every cast, every night definitely worked their asses off to make that house great even though sometimes there was missing actors sometimes and they made me appreciate it some of the experiences I had, so I give the house that.
It may have been last minute but I don't feel it was out of place at all to be honest. It was a popular horror film and it translated well to a house. One thing I think we should remember is that as HHN fans, we've become overly critical of the HHN houses.

It may have been last minute but I don't feel it was out of place at all to be honest. It was a popular horror film and it translated well to a house. One thing I think we should remember is that as HHN fans, we've become overly critical of the HHN houses.
In some ways to me I feel like it was out of place, I think honestly it took away for an original house to be given a shot, I was all for it coming though because they needed a live trailer for the film and every so often were gonna get those, high expectation or not. Every ones entitled to their own opinions, there are harsh critics out there and I could sometimes be one and sometimes just passive and let it through, but the house was what it was, I honestly think Hollywood's was better than ours except for a few things and our sets were good too, actors do what they could but the house just didn't delivered I think but that doesn't mean to got people to go and get a better experience of the film.

In some ways to me I feel like it was out of place, I think honestly it took away for an original house to be given a shot, I was all for it coming though because they needed a live trailer for the film and every so often were gonna get those, high expectation or not. Every ones entitled to their own opinions, there are harsh critics out there and I could sometimes be one and sometimes just passive and let it through, but the house was what it was, I honestly think Hollywood's was better than ours except for a few things and our sets were good too, actors do what they could but the house just didn't delivered I think but that doesn't mean to got people to go and get a better experience of the film.
I would normally agree about the IP taking the spot of an original but considering we got that planned original only a year later, I'm not that pressed. It was the perfect time for US to show up at the event, any year later and it may have been a bit too late for the hype. And it also gave Tooth Fairy some extra time to work out the kinks, which was well worth it as it's now in my top 3 houses of all time.

I would normally agree about the IP taking the spot of an original but considering we got that planned original only a year later, I'm not that pressed. It was the perfect time for US to show up at the event, any year later and it may have been a bit too late for the hype. And it also gave Tooth Fairy some extra time to work out the kinks, which was well worth it as it's now in my top 3 houses of all time.
It happened there is nothing much to say but still it is what it is, the house found an audience not too big not too little but found an audience and the higher ups got what they wanted, so that was the only purpose, I'm fine with what they did as for Tooth coming back a year later, the concept seemed really good on paper, for me the house was meh, Brides is meh some but its because right now they are not really complete and some moments they are but going in as a fan of the Universal Classic Monsters, I'm more with Brides.

It happened there is nothing much to say but still it is what it is, the house found an audience not too big not too little but found an audience and the higher ups got what they wanted, so that was the only purpose, I'm fine with what they did as for Tooth coming back a year later, the concept seemed really good on paper, for me the house was meh, Brides is meh some but its because right now they are not really complete and some moments they are but going in as a fan of the Universal Classic Monsters, I'm more with Brides.
Tooth was more incomplete than Brides was, I'm pretty sure. I'd say wait for this year, because Tooth still has some tricks up its sleeves.

Tooth was more incomplete than Brides was, I'm pretty sure. I'd say wait for this year, because Tooth still has some tricks up its sleeves.
Yeah and honestly not enough tricks that we haven't already seen since we know the magicians secret, the houses equally are not as surprising since they were already given to us, more or so the other houses are I think the ones that are biggest tricks this year, Beetlejuice is in the same link with Brides and Tooth as already been shown in some form of way but I think we're going on a tangent, it's best we go and talk about this on the 2021 spec page