Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Vanity Ball

Saw comments on twitter about this one being the zone where the actors just chat with their friends. Hoping it wasn’t the case but unfortunately seems like it is. Are there not higher ups watching? Seems like this shouldn’t happen. Discipline is so low.

Last edited:
Saw comments on twitter about this one being the zone where the actors just chat with their friends. Hoping it wasn’t the car but unfortunately seems like it is. Are there not higher ups watching? Seems like this shouldn’t happen. Discipline is so low.

Vanity Ball and Zombieland are the two zones that have cast members breaking and chatting with friends. I agree that Universal should have a stricter conduct policy.

Saw comments on twitter about this one being the zone where the actors just chat with their friends. Hoping it wasn’t the case but unfortunately seems like it is. Are there not higher ups watching? Seems like this shouldn’t happen. Discipline is so low.

Vanity Ball and Zombieland are the two zones that have cast members breaking and chatting with friends. I agree that Universal should have a stricter conduct policy.
These large zones that go into Hollywood and New York are becoming an increasingly large problem with scareactors doing these types of things. Vamp '85 and Chucky both had the problem last year.

Universal needs to get stricter on scareactors staying in character while out on set. It's unacceptable for some of the things that are happening to happen. This has even infected the chainsaw gang this year. Many just stand around and talk to their coordinators (or friends in the street) instead of actually doing their job. A big part of the problem is that coordinators and ASMs don't really care too much about this type of thing.

i watched this zone, and the actors near the big runway stage are very aggressive now, theres one actor jumping and acting crazy, theres a girl dancing and singing, one of the doctors in the mini stage was dancing. it was pretty great to see a lot of energy in this area.
the real problem is at the edges of the zone where the energy is lower. but the main stage is turning out pretty great

These large zones that go into Hollywood and New York are becoming an increasingly large problem with scareactors doing these types of things. Vamp '85 and Chucky both had the problem last year.

Universal needs to get stricter on scareactors staying in character while out on set. It's unacceptable for some of the things that are happening to happen. This has even infected the chainsaw gang this year. Many just stand around and talk to their coordinators (or friends in the street) instead of actually doing their job. A big part of the problem is that coordinators and ASMs don't really care too much about this type of thing.

I will say it has been noticed that the cast performances event-wide have been generally subpar. This unacceptable/lazy conduct is a big part of that.

To give credit where credit is due, the zone is much much better. More energy and some actors have started to dance and play in group together. I see the improvement.

Went last night saw 4 different people walking and chatting with friends. At least one definitely knew it was bad show, they had a little bit of distance between each other. Later on in the night they did get much more aggressive, but that has been the exception from what I've seen so far.

I’ve seen more scare actors chatting with supervisors and out of character in Vikings than in Vanity Ball tbh
If they're talking with coordinators it could be because of a guest incident, though. On the streets, you have to catch the fools quick before they get away if there's any hope of repercussions against the person.

If they're talking with coordinators it could be because of a guest incident, though. On the streets, you have to catch the fools quick before they get away if there's any hope of repercussions against the person.

Or because it is super crowded and they have no room to scare and walk around

Or because it is super crowded and they have no room to scare and walk around
Yes, many times (specifically in Central Park and Avenue of the Stars zones) it gets so crowded that it's unsafe. Management encourages scareactors to step off to the side once things get heavy like that and people are drunk, as that's when incidents are most likely to occur between a guest and a scareactor.

Last edited:
Yes, many times (specifically in Central Park and Avenue of the Stars zones) it gets so crowded that it's unsafe. Management encourages scareactors to step off to the side once things get heavy like that and people are drunk, as that's when incidents are most likely to occur between a guest and a scareactor.
Which seems silly, since these are the two areas that always have massive props making the walkways more congested.

There's a actually a lot of jokes they made, even in their final three years, that wouldn't fly anymore simply because society won't tolerate them now.
(well, this is also the park that dedicated an entire scare zone to demonizing gay and trans people by using ballroom culture as a way to terrorize "straight" people, but that's a hot take for another time :look:)

Yeah I’m going to let some other people tackle this one but I think you’re reading it totally wrong.
I understand that it's kind of an unpopular opinion or whatever, but that's my own interpretation. I'm a lesbian and the more I saw of the zone, the more uncomfortable I became. Some of my queer friends loved it, while others hated it. Either way, it just seemed a little misguided.

I understand that it's kind of an unpopular opinion or whatever, but that's my own interpretation. I'm a lesbian and the more I saw of the zone, the more uncomfortable I became. Some of my queer friends loved it, while others hated it. Either way, it just seemed a little misguided.
I felt similarly about the zone. Misguided is a good descriptive word.