Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 30 Audition Thread (2021)

Depends on where you’re cast and what cast you’re on. Cast calls are split by 45 minutes with cast A arriving (and typically leaving) first. You’re typically required about an hour to 90 minutes before your first set. So, if you’re cast A and your first set is at 6:00, your call is around 4:45 pm. If you’re cast B and your first set is at 7:45, then you call is around 6:30 pm.

These times were much earlier in 2017. I was Cast B and I believe our call time was 5:15 PM with a first set of 6:00 PM.

Some houses or streets have four Casts (A,B,C,D). The times Legacy is saying seems to line up more with the four cast system than the current two cast system.

When I was in Depths of Fear for example, I was Cast A and called at 4:45, Cast B was in at 5:15. That was the same for 2017's Blumhouse which was 4:45 and 5:15 in times. But when I was in The Harvest, it was a four cast system that had in times of 4:45, 5:30, 6:15, and 7pm.

Maybe a dumb question but does anyone who's worked the event before know what time you usually have to show up for your shift? Im pondering the idea of Auditioning but im a college student don't know if Id be able to do it if the clock in time is like 3pm or something that early lmao.

They can vary from 4:15pm - 7:15pm.

Not necessarily an audition question, but since it is similar, thought I would put in on this thread...
Does anyone know when they actually send out event management job offers?

Normally they've already hired a lot of those people by the time they start doing TM Auditions, although i'm not 100% sure if that's how they're doing it this year. I'm pretty sure i've seen some former ASMs post that they got hired again for this year though and that was awhile ago at this point.

They like to secure the management team early. The best you may be able to get an interview for is a coordinator position, although if you see RIP Tour Guide positions pop up, i'd go with that tbh. But again, I know people who've already gotten hired as RIP guides, so pickings will be getting slim.

Just getting to this, are you able to say what those were, since we know what houses were planned anyways?

Even if the codes may be outdated, I'm gonna' defer to what Legacy said earlier in this thread. Especially since these houses have yet to be all officially announced.

If you know house codes, I advise against disclosing them publicly. Universal will fire employees for sharing the information.

For the auditioning process this year, have applying cast members been asked to participate in a physical assessments & if so what are they like?

For the auditioning process this year, have applying cast members been asked to participate in a physical assessments & if so what are they like?
They will sometimes asks for one if the role they’re considering you for requires a unique physical tasks outside simple expectations. For example, if they want you to pick up and carry another person over a short distance, they want to make sure you physically do it before they cast you.