Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 30: Beetlejuice

I know this is a reach... but could this also be a backdoor test to see if Beetlejuice is popular enough for his own HHN show in future years?

I believe Legacy had said somewhere on here that this house would receive some major “plussing” - would this be near the finale?
I remember last year that the dinner scene was empty, with dancer platforms that were entirely vacant, as well as a weirdly underwhelming finale with the sand worm only rarely popping out, and eschewing the floating Lydia scene for another Beetlejuice. Could any of these see resolution this year?

I believe Legacy had said somewhere on here that this house would receive some major “plussing” - would this be near the finale?
I remember last year that the dinner scene was empty, with dancer platforms that were entirely vacant, as well as a weirdly underwhelming finale with the sand worm only rarely popping out, and eschewing the floating Lydia scene for another Beetlejuice. Could any of these see resolution this year?
I hope it gets some major "plussing". I saw some of the walkthrough videos from last year, and it looked like there were scenes where they could have done more.

I agree, and I didn't necessarily like Ghostbusters that much. I just felt like at the very minimum, the sets were of a lot higher caliber in GB. Neither are scary, so there's nothing much to compare to in that regard.
Absolutely. I love both properties (and even the Beetlejuice musical), but there was just very little going on at any given moment. I went in with low expectations from everyone else’s reviews and still came out confused. Staffing is obviously one issue here, but the sets here were just fine at best. It was a very strange experience.

Ghostbusters. At least attempts at scares were made, as light as they may have been. Demon dogs, the ghosts, that final Slimer...

Beetlejuice is enjoyable but has 0 scares. It's more scenes playing out than scare attempts.
Yeah, I think the demon dogs actually got me a few times and were definitely the best thing in that house. I've walked through Beetlejuice three times so far and not flinched once.

Ghostbusters was absolutely better imo, but I also love the movie way more, so I have some bias. I will say that the giant head scare in Beetlejuice got me

I definitely feel like I need more runs of this house because I did get some scares but it felt like it wasn’t at 100% when I walked through on saturday.
Dont have anything to compare it to but the sandworm room was just dark and I could see that massive puppet just stationary. Im assuming it’s supposed to move so it bummed me out to see it wasn’t working.

As a huge fan of the film, count me in as one of the disappointed ones. I wasn't expecting scares, so that wasn't a problem for me. I was let down by the scale of some of the iconic scenes: the "afterlife" offices, dinner table, Saturn and the wedding scene to name a few. Most of the film's iconic scenes are placed in corners, literally. At the end of the day through, I enjoy the walkthroughs as it gives me a form of nostalgia.