Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 30: Haunting of Hill House

Having just watched the series and reading through these comments... Hill House just went way up my list.

I didn't care for the first 3 episodes and was starting to get ready for this to be my least anticipated, but boy things changed with episodes 4 and 5, and it was all uphill from there. Makes me even more excited knowing this is in New Parade, the location of one of my all-time favorites (SoX).

Started watching the show, (started when it aired but never finished it, and I really hope they add ghosts sprinkled into the backgrounds of rooms like in the show.

Quote from the Blog post:
“The show has dozens and dozens of ghosts in it from the most recognizable ones like the Tall Man and Bent-Neck Lady to even mere glimpses of entities they hid in the background of scenes.”

Has anyone heard any inklings about what the new scare technique is in the finale? I am very curious what is being done.

Can someone please explain what the finale was supposed to be?

Same^ I loved the show and thought the house was neat (especially effects wise) but felt like the house fell apart story-wise towards the end. Not sure what finale people are referencing, but maybe I missed something. It’s great, but not an all-timer for me.

I did Hill House with my wife at the end of night on Saturday before the park closed and it was a walk on. IT WAS AWESOME. And we had nobody in front of us. We essentially went through the house by ourselves and it was a one of a kind experience. And as a lover of the show, it hit different. It was so detailed and actually creepy. We hit every single scare and as somebody who has seen the show 5 times, they nailed it. Also Tall man legit scared me lol picture nobody in front of you and I just saw dark ahead of me and out of nowhere he was running towards us haha it was great

I gotta say my favorite house of this year (closely followed by icons). The show just has such a special place in my heart and I got to do this house three times. Each time I went through I got very happy and fan-boyed a lot and because of that a lot of the actors interacted with me in awesome ways and it just was an amazing experience. The effects and several scare tactics were also super unique and memorable.

This house just didn’t do it for me. Seemed like a toned down Graveyard Games and I didn’t get a scare all weekend here. Definitely enjoyed the scenic designs and some of the costumes - props to them for the pregnant woman effect.

On another note… haven’t seeing anyone bitching yet about the black hallways in this house.

This house just didn’t do it for me. Seemed like a toned down Graveyard Games and I didn’t get a scare all weekend here. Definitely enjoyed the scenic designs and some of the costumes - props to them for the pregnant woman effect.

On another note… haven’t seeing anyone bitching yet about the black hallways in this house.
I've noticed that when Orlando does black walls, they're usually praised because of how rarely they're used and their purpose. It usually happens once per year and it's done to create unease, not to transition.

The black hallway in this house is used for an effect, it's not a transition nor a budget cut. Graveyard Games had this exact effect last event and was in between very well-done set designs.

There are literally no other black hallways anywhere else this year in the haunts.

Yeah that black hall(s) always freaks out my wife lol.

I thought this house was very well done. My first run through last Thursday was great.

Yeah I didn't find the Black Hallway that bothersome.

The Ceiling Scare with Nell was really creative in that you are down below and Nell is hanging above you. Just like how the Bent Neck Lady hung above Young Nell.
Because of how creative it was and how it served a purpose it didn't bother me.

The black hallway in this house is used for an effect, it's not a transition nor a budget cut. Graveyard Games had this exact effect last event and was in between very well-done set designs.

There are literally no other black hallways anywhere else this year in the haunts.

It’s a black hallway if you don’t get the effect, which happens on one of my runs. Also, what’s different from Graveyard Games is there is the following scene in Hill House is a black corridor leading you to the right. There something in front of you, but it was blocked by Ops the whole weekend. So to me, that was also just a black-walled transition

It’s a black hallway if you don’t get the effect, which happens on one of my runs. Also, what’s different from Graveyard Games is there is the following scene in Hill House is a black corridor leading you to the right. There something in front of you, but it was blocked by Ops the whole weekend. So to me, that was also just a black-walled transition

The effect is that in Orlando you are used to detailed scenes and hallways and are thrown off by a pitch black dark hallway. There's also speakers right by your ear to throw you off.

The effect is that in Orlando you are used to detailed scenes and hallways and are thrown off by a pitch black dark hallway. There's also speakers right by your ear to throw you off.

Yeah, and this is the difference I am observing. When Orlando does it, it’s an “effect.” When Hollywood does it, it’s cheap. Hollywood, btw, had scareactors overhead reaching down at you during these transitions when I saw their houses in 2016. Here, the timing could just be nothing and I don’t think speakers add much to the scare.

Yeah, and this is the difference I am observing. When Orlando does it, it’s an “effect.” When Hollywood does it, it’s cheap. Hollywood, btw, had scareactors overhead reaching down at you during these transitions when I saw their houses in 2016. Here, the timing could just be nothing and I don’t think speakers add much to the scare.

Hollywood has that exact same scene/scare in every single house, it gets repetitive and mundane the third time. In Orlando it is only in one house.