Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 30: Haunting of Hill House

I've done this house quite a few times and I still feel like the intensity ramps up in the middle and it just ends in a fizzle. :(

I’m with you. The several times I went through, the set design ramped things up but the scares were lacking. Hollywood’s has better scares and actors IMO, but can’t touch Orlando’s design.

I wish the house was a little larger scale rather than it all being tight hallways. A Starcourt Mall-style scene with the Main Lobby of the house would've been incredible, but even barring that, a lot of the rooms just felt too small. The scene with the windows breaking especially. That was something I was really looking forward to see what they'd do, but it just wasn't much at all. Very surprised to see the Graveyard Games hallway return, especially without a bright exit sign this time. And all of the notable ghosts make an appearance which is nice. I just feel like between this and Beetle, the IP houses don't take complete advantage of their source material. This house is just pretty good, but it could've been great.

FYI - the facade scene never takes place in a specific moment, but a mix of around 5 scenes from the show. (paraphrasing the tour guide here)
That explains my confusion then - I would swear that each time I went through that it was the same scene/timeline.

Thanks

Right, I imagine that they blended lines from those iconic scenes and we're seeing memories, which makes sense for Hill House. I definitely saw the porch light blink as Luke sorta looked at it in pain. It must be one of the kids as adults because the lights would indicate "coming home" and that aging has occurred.

Right, I imagine that they blended lines from those iconic scenes and we're seeing memories, which makes sense for Hill House. I definitely saw the porch light blink as Luke sorta looked at it in pain. It must be one of the kids as adults because the lights would indicate "coming home" and that aging has occurred.
Final piece of the mystery solved for me then!

All this time I was expecting the light to blink when viewed from afar (like when you first enter the maze and see the facade). That's how it was in the shows (long shot of the house or Shirley's model and the light blinking).

I wish the house was a little larger scale rather than it all being tight hallways. A Starcourt Mall-style scene with the Main Lobby of the house would've been incredible, but even barring that, a lot of the rooms just felt too small. The scene with the windows breaking especially. That was something I was really looking forward to see what they'd do, but it just wasn't much at all. Very surprised to see the Graveyard Games hallway return, especially without a bright exit sign this time. And all of the notable ghosts make an appearance which is nice. I just feel like between this and Beetle, the IP houses don't take complete advantage of their source material. This house is just pretty good, but it could've been great.
I completely agree with this! I just watched a walkthrough of Hollywood’s house and although I’m usually not a fan of their scareactor placements, I was actually buying the scale and grandeur that the show gives Hill House. It was also nice to see iconic scenes from the TV show’s point of view (Luke and Nell’s bedroom, the bent neck lady hovering above Nell, etc). The scale difference and lack of scares that I got on my one run through caused for this house to place so low on my list, which is a shame because I know they put a lot of work into this!