Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 30: Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Just announced

Leatherface returns! Universal has announced The Texas Chainsaw Massacre will be featured as a haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando and Hollywood.

Last edited:
A bit disappointed that it’s the original but also I didn’t really like 26’s house so I’m interested in what’s going to be a larger version of that basically.

26’s house was good, but middle of the road for a very strong house year. It will be interesting seeing this property in a soundstage (not sure if pre 26 TCM houses were in a soundstage or not). This property feels like a tent house to me, so it will be an interesting take.

Feel like that if they’re going to use the franchise on a soundstage TCM would’ve been the more obvious choice, but I’m looking forward to this.

Calling it now, this is going to blow people away with its intensity. The luxury of space in a soundstage is going to allow for lots of movement and more show scenes. Which means, unfortunately, it may rely on lucky timing for a great run through.

Can't wait to see this!

how much would they recycle from the 2016 house? most of it? im not saying they will bring back the exact house as 2016. but there isn't much they can change
maybe they can add some rooms in the forest. (Like Walking dead had)

26’s house was good, but middle of the road for a very strong house year. It will be interesting seeing this property in a soundstage (not sure if pre 26 TCM houses were in a soundstage or not). This property feels like a tent house to me, so it will be an interesting take.
Nope, first time TCM is in a soundstage. First house from 2007 was in the Earthquake/Disaster queue (RIP) and of course the 2016 house was in the sprung tent.

Worth noting that the YouTube video description makes it sound as if the gas station may be the facade, in my opinion. It makes sense to me as it immediately varies it from 26.

Worth noting that the YouTube video description makes it sound as if the gas station may be the facade, in my opinion. It makes sense to me as it immediately varies it from 26.
The facade is the gas station. And, in my mind, one of the better SS facades they’ve done.
Wasn’t SOTL supposed to go here originally? It does feel like a replacement ala Purge.
It was rumored/spec that Universal was pursuing SotL, but they got denied early enough they could give TCM a full design. It’s not a “replacement.”