HHN 31: Most Anticipated Scarezone | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Most Anticipated Scarezone

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Most Anticipated Scarezone?

• Total voters
I literally am not sure how to choose. They’re all tied for #1. I mean seriously like THE strongest sounding scarezone lineup I can ever think of. I love all the concepts and they all sound so cool! So hyped! I’ll try and pick one, but so far it’s so tough to choose.

Phenomenal looking SZ lineup.
  1. Scarecrow: Cursed Soil - The podcast description of this zone has me absolutely sold.
  2. Graveyard: Deadly Unrest - Loving the vibe & atmosphere thus far.
  3. Sweet Revenge - Looks super campy and fun
  4. Horrors of Halloween - Expecting pretty much exactly what we get here annually which is fun & pretty, but samey. Will be happy to see the return of Pumpkin Lord.
  5. Conjure the Dark - The stage setup and tightness of the zones in this area make it hard for me to put too much stock into this one prematurely, but hoping it surprises!

Last edited:
Reactions: shiekra38
  1. Scarecrow - just can't wait for this zone...but unfortunately I usually have the zone in this location ranked really high and end up disappointed, hope this breaks the streak..
  2. Horrors of Halloween - just sounds like fun.
  3. Graveyard Deadly Unrest - Sets look amazing, but this location is usually too spread out and hit or miss in my experience.
  4. Sweet Revenge - Sounds OK, nothing special, but do like the props so far
  5. Conjure - Stage looks amazing, but witches aren't my thing. This zone is usually a cluster, but Rob Zombie pulled it off so maybe a main stage off to the side will make it easier to walk through.

Phenomenal looking SZ lineup.
  1. Graveyard: Deadly Unrest - Loving the vibe & atmosphere thus far.
  2. Sweet Revenge - Looks super campy and fun
  3. Scarecrow: Cursed Soil - I'm riding largely on name value here, but my hopes are high.
  4. Horrors of Halloween - Expecting pretty much exactly what we get here annually which is fun & pretty, but samey. Will be happy to see the return of Pumpkin Lord.
  5. Conjure the Dark - The stage setup and tightness of the zones in this area make it hard for me to put too much stock into this one prematurely, but hoping it surprises!
After listening to the Discover Universal podcast that went into more detail, I'm immediately moving Scarecrow to number 1 :lol:

1. Graveyard: Deadly Unrest - The spooky vibes in this zone just during the day is palpable. I also believe there is more props to come, too.
2. Sweet Revenge - Gives me Psychoscarepy vibes from 25 in a way. The "Parade-gone-wrong" may finally break NY of the feeling empty curse of the past few years.
3. Scarecrow: Cursed Soil - I have pause since it seems construction has slowed, but loads of potential - but it all depends on the execution of the barn.
4. Conjure the Dark - Only reason I'm apprehensive is the cluster that the zone can become.
5. Horrors of Halloween - Zones in Production Central don't really work anymore, but if it captures the vibes that last year's entrance did - it'll work fine.

Last edited:
What happens when you no longer have a daytime parade (and thus various restrictions on what you can and can't build in the streets), and a fairly strong unifying theme of Halloween? You get one of the more promising scare zone lineups the event has had in a very long time!

1. Graveyard: Deadly Unrest - With Graveyard Games being one of my favorite houses, it's really no surprise that I'm totally down for a graveyard zone. Hollywood provides plenty of space for them to play with, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what the two Grim Reaper Brothers look like.

2. Sweet Revenge - I dig the concept of a twisted candy maker turning kids into psychotic killers through poisoned candy, and I love that they're tying this to the Tribute Store in both backstory and during the event itself. If they can bring the mayhem from the kids running amuck and the little kill shows, this could be a lot of fun to hang out in!

3. Scarecrow: Cursed Soil - BARN! BARN! BAAARRRNNN!...Now that I got that out of my system, I'm definitely intrigued to see how the Barn structure turns out. Now I would have this zone much higher, but it's location in Central Park is both a blessing and a curse. On one hand it's a fitting location for this theme, but CP is also rather tight and narrow, which isn't much fun to go through when it's clogged, which can be often.

4. Conjure the Dark - The idea of a "1st Halloween" with a coven of witches summoning monsters? Love it! San Fran as a location once again? Don't love it that much.

5. Horrors of Halloween - While this one is at the bottom of my hype list; this isn't any kind of sleight on the zone. For me, Entry Zones have taken on a different kind of role than the other zones, but one that is no less important. Sometimes it's a first taste of the "theme" of the event, like 2019's Anarch-cade. Meanwhile, last year's 30 Year, 30 Fears was a warm welcome back to the event. After a long hiatus, it was really comforting to look up and see the glowing HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS sign that many haven't seen for a long while, you knew you were back. Helping the matter was seeing the Jack-o-Lantern stilt walker or Bone Daddy himself. And yes, a bit of fire goes a long way.

Either way, it served its purpose of welcoming you to the event. I really do feel HoH is not only gonna' be a warm welcome back, but also give a great taste of the theme since all the other zones will be supporting it with their Halloween themes. As awesome as Anarch-cade was at showing off the 80's vibe, that theme wasn't really carried elsewhere in the other zones.

----------

I gotta' say this is the most excited I've been for the scare zones, be it the unifying theme or A&D getting to play more in the streets with no parade, there's something to look forward to all over the park!

Graveyard: will probably be the one to walk through most

Scarecrow: will be a huge pinch point and, as usual, hinder the overall zone

Sweet Revenge: will feels like it will be very very fun and creative

Conjure the Dark: IDK, not really connecting with this one, looks like it will be a bottleneck, especially if they're doing a periodic show

Horrors of Halloween: will be clogged full of Theme Park Twitter and vloggers getting pictures of Pumpkin Lord and the HHN Minion Pumpkin

Most anticipated: Graveyard and Sweet Revenge seem like the two that will be winners

Sweets Revenge is my most anticipated zone to walk through, but since Graveyard: Deadly Unrest utilizes my name on some the props it is my #2

Not really sure, all these SZ sound amazing! I did say Sweet Revenge but now it might be Scarecrow: Cursed Soil. I'm also very excited for Horrors of Halloween and to see the Pumpkin Lord and Lil' Boo!

What happens when you no longer have a daytime parade (and thus various restrictions on what you can and can't build in the streets), and a fairly strong unifying theme of Halloween? You get one of the more promising scare zone lineups the event has had in a very long time!

1. Graveyard: Deadly Unrest - With Graveyard Games being one of my favorite houses, it's really no surprise that I'm totally down for a graveyard zone. Hollywood provides plenty of space for them to play with, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what the two Grim Reaper Brothers look like.

2. Sweet Revenge - I dig the concept of a twisted candy maker turning kids into psychotic killers through poisoned candy, and I love that they're tying this to the Tribute Store in both backstory and during the event itself. If they can bring the mayhem from the kids running amuck and the little kill shows, this could be a lot of fun to hang out in!

3. Scarecrow: Cursed Soil - BARN! BARN! BAAARRRNNN!...Now that I got that out of my system, I'm definitely intrigued to see how the Barn structure turns out. Now I would have this zone much higher, but it's location in Central Park is both a blessing and a curse. On one hand it's a fitting location for this theme, but CP is also rather tight and narrow, which isn't much fun to go through when it's clogged, which can be often.

4. Conjure the Dark - The idea of a "1st Halloween" with a coven of witches summoning monsters? Love it! San Fran as a location once again? Don't love it that much.

5. Horrors of Halloween - While this one is at the bottom of my hype list; this isn't any kind of sleight on the zone. For me, Entry Zones have taken on a different kind of role than the other zones, but one that is no less important. Sometimes it's a first taste of the "theme" of the event, like 2019's Anarch-cade. Meanwhile, last year's 30 Year, 30 Fears was a warm welcome back to the event. After a long hiatus, it was really comforting to look up and see the glowing HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS sign that many haven't seen for a long while, you knew you were back. Helping the matter was seeing the Jack-o-Lantern stilt walker or Bone Daddy himself. And yes, a bit of fire goes a long way.

Either way, it served its purpose of welcoming you to the event. I really do feel HoH is not only gonna' be a warm welcome back, but also give a great taste of the theme since all the other zones will be supporting it with their Halloween themes. As awesome as Anarch-cade was at showing off the 80's vibe, that theme wasn't really carried elsewhere in the other zones.

----------

I gotta' say this is the most excited I've been for the scare zones, be it the unifying theme or A&D getting to play more in the streets with no parade, there's something to look forward to all over the park!

Yeah this list feels like mine too.

Reactions: Tobias
Has anyone seen deatheaters have been announced for Hollywood on HHN. I hope we get it as a sort of extra scarezone!