HHN 32: Most Anticipated House | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 32: Most Anticipated House

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Most Anticipated House?

• Stranger Things

• The Last of Us

• Universal Monsters: Unmasked

• Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count

• The Exorcist: Believer

• Dr. Oddfellow: Twisted Origins

• Dueling Dragons: Choose Thy Fate

• YETI: Campground Kills

• The Darkest Deal

• Bloodmoon: Dark Offerings

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dont Make Me Choose GIF by Leroy Patterson

Dueling Dragons is, no question, my most hyped. I want to see those dragons. Darkest Deal has music, and HELL, sign me up! All the originals have their potential.

I'm excited for Monsters; the catacombs setting can make it one of the scariest houses of the year again. They have been 3/3 with Monsters so far too.

And I won't sleep on Chucky for its potential unique puppetry.

Reactions: Ahmanet
This is the best damn lineup, maybe ever for HHN.

1) Dueling Dragons: Choose Thy Fate - Loved the ride, loved the story, and it blows my mind that they're actually going through with this being a continuation of it.

2) The Darkest Deal - This is going to be the sleeper hit for most. Such a unique idea for a house, and the story sounds like it's going to make for some very fun, and yet very creepy environments.

3) Dr. Oddfellow's Twisted Origins - ODDFELLOW IS THE ICON! And, oh, my, quite a bit of retconning. BUT IT'S STILL AWESOME!

4) Monsters: Unmasked - Phantom vs Hunchback vs Invisible Man vs JEKYLL AND HYDE?? Amazing. Team Phantom for the win.

5) Yeti: Campground Kills - I loved Slaughter Sinema, I loved Yeti in 29, and HELL YEAH IT'S THE COMEDY HOUSE! Very, very excited to see the goofy shenanigans these yetis find themselves in.

6) Blood Moon: Dark Offerings - Victorian village sets is an immediate YES from me. Also I love the very bloody houses. Slightly worried this might be too similar to Chupacabras, but I'm still hyped!

7) Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count - Very happy to see that it's now more its own thing rather than a book report of the show. I loved the scare zone in 28 and this sounds like it'll be the same vibes. Hoping for a live actor at the beginning!

8) The Last of Us - You know the lineup is good when this is at #8. Can't wait for clickers.

9) Stranger Things - I like the show, didn't like the last two houses they've done. But, since this is season 4, I have hope.

10) Exorcist: Believer - Meh, hated the 26 house. This is probably (IMO) the only stinker on the lineup, but hey, maybe it'll surprise me.

For me, without a doubt, The Last of Us.

TLOU has been my #1 wishlist IP since I've been attending the event.

This is such a stacked lineup. In other years this would be my most anticipated as it's a dream to see at the event.

Let's take a moment to realize we have ST4 and TLOU in the same year - arguably, in both of their rights, they are the biggest/most relevant IPs to get today.

This is such a stacked lineup. In other years this would be my most anticipated as it's a dream to see at the event.

Let's take a moment to realize we have ST4 and TLOU in the same year - arguably, in both of their rights, they are the biggest/most relevant IPs to get today.
Oh yes - they basically grabbed the 2 most popular IPs in the world right now for the same event.

Boy am I glad I have Express lol

Reactions: SeventyOne
HYPE LIST

1. Dueling Dragons: Choose Thy Fate- bringing back a classic Islands of Adventure attraction with undeniable spooky vibes as a premier haunt? I’m hoping this takes their use of large scale puppetry to the next level and is on par with some standalone haunts like Netherworld or The Darkness in terms of scale and theming.
  2. The Darkest Deal- I’m a sucker for very specific vibes and stories. This is the kind of thing that has all the makings of a classic: setting that’s relatively unexplored, original concept, cool soundtrack, also in Sprung 1 which always delivers. Also, the podcast revealed our souls will be collected and sent to hell by the end of the maze…
  3. The Last of Us- it’s insane to me that more video games haven’t been adapted for HHN. Everything about the way games are designed works perfectly in bringing them to life as haunted attractions: hordes of enemies out to get you, environments usually made with narrow parameters to keep you moving in a specific direction, a built in fan base etc. The character designs from this game are so excellent and will really stand out in a claustrophobic setting.
  4. Stranger Things- the biggest and scariest season deserves a big and scary house. Vecna works way better as a focal point for the third entry in this franchise, his house and lair and very spooky and hopefully he has a very menacing presence throughout.
  5. Dr. Oddfellow’s Twisted Origins- creepy carnival set in the early 1900’s is a great concept. Add in all the lore revolving around Oddfellow and Jack and this is bound to be a hit.
  6. Yeti: Campground Kills- sad I was never able to experience Slaughter Sinema or Terror of the Yukon, but Yetis vs 1950’s summer camp kids? Sounds campy and fun.
  7. Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count- Chucky is my Jason/Freddy/Michael Myers, so him getting a big splashy, meta maze sounds like a lot of fun. My only concern is the Fast and Furious queue setting but hopefully this means more up close encounters with my favorite foul-mouthed serial killing redhead.
  8. Universal Monsters: Unmasked- these houses are always really solid and well designed. I loved Legends Collide last year and think this will be on par with that. I just think maybe the event is becoming oversaturated by the Universal Monsters, let’s give them a break.
  9. The Exorcist: Believer- what’s scarier than one demonically possessed child? How about TWO demonically possessed children! One thing the podcast briefly mentioned that I’m excited about is that we will apparently travel across the mortal veil to visit the demon’s world. Keeping an open mind.
  10. Bloodmoon: Dark Offerings- seems kind of generic? Sacrificial cult? Isn’t that also the theme of several of the scarezones and the Oddfellow house? Oh well can’t be worse than Hellblock.

Last edited:
1) Chucky- Such a good concept, and even if it doesn't work, I'm glad they're willing to create something as wild and meta as the show

2) Dueling Dragons- A little worried that the ambition overshadows the budget, but I have faith that Universal will be able to create a compelling way to showcase massive fantasy creatures

3) Dr. Oddfellow- Period concept with lots of lore? Sweet.

4) Universal Monsters- Gothic + Catacombs = :)

5) The Last of Us- The only IP I think will be able to crack into my Top 25

6) Yeti- This sounds like an old-school Cedar Fair haunt with Universal budget, hopefully it ends up being the best of both worlds

7) The Darkest Deal- Sounds amazing on paper and I'm all for the incredible vibes and soundtrack, I'm just curious if the supernatural aspects will be more The In-Between or more After Life: Death's Vengeance...or maybe even more LT: The Wyandot Estate

8) Stranger Things- Obvious it'll be a fun blockbuster haunt with incredible scenes, but I'm more excited for what I can't already picture in my head

9) Exorcist- THANK GOD it ain't the original; hopefully more locations and a quicker experience than last time, I think this one could be really really cool, but the original was so long that I kept getting bored (getting stuck in that pool noodle and pea soup hallways for 2+ minutes every night got really old)

10) Blood Moon- Roanoke...Blood Ruins...doesn't seem like this theme has ever been done incredibly well, and I'm getting some Spirits of the Coven vibes as well, for some reason. I'm optimistic this will be much better than all three of those properties, but I can't get myself as hyped as I can for everything else