HHN Hollywood 2019 Construction Thread | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood 2019 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Zombieland for Orlando, comes with a few things. It's the tenure of the first film, on-top of it being paired with the sake of the new film, hence it being named after "Double Tap".

Back when the first movie came out a Zombieland scare zone was planned for Knott's Scary Farm around the time of the movie's release as that year's IP based attraction (Knott's was big on movie IP mazes before HHN). They even hired the entire cast, had theme scare at the movie's premiere but the studio pulled out literally right before the event started.

Reactions: hhnlover
JOEY! You can't post behind the scenes photos like that.
Technically this was taken from a guest accessible area. When you take the elevator from the upper to the lower lot you’re transported via a van (I believe) past this and over to the park. Construction updaters have used this to film the construction of this maze for years without any issues

Technically this was taken from a guest accessible area. When you take the elevator from the upper to the lower lot you’re transported via a van (I believe) past this and over to the park. Construction updaters have used this to film the construction of this maze for years without any issues

Really? That sounds like a terrible flaw that they should fix when they expand the lower lot lol.

Is it just me or does Pandora’s Box look kind of like a theater? Or in a way a house

I've been searching for a while for a fitting property and I can't find any. Yeah, it looks like an old fashioned theater.

Which made me think...Is it Hitchcock? I mean, Murdy talked it up forever, he finally did UCM last year, and they might wanna knock Hitchy out this year before the conversation surrounding him fully shifts to "dude was an @*$% with some great movies," so....

The maze facade does look like a theater with room for a poster on each side of it. As far as compilation mazes go im pushing for A24, but thats super unlikely so im not going to hold out for it. Ive had suspicions that Pandoras Box was a front since it was first speculated so im not surprised that it might not be what we're getting. Im really interested to see how this is gonna play out, not long now till we figure out what it is.

yeesh you figured they would have the facades completed by now, like hell from what we have seen
holidays in hell, killer klowns and Frankenstein have facades completed at this point. is it safe to assume they are going to get everything finished before the event starts? seeing is that we don't have that much longer?

yeesh you figured they would have the facades completed by now, like hell from what we have seen
holidays in hell, killer klowns and Frankenstein have facades completed at this point. is it safe to assume they are going to get everything finished before the event starts? seeing is that we don't have that much longer?

This was posted earlier, but most people are saying that the facades were started late this year so that certain houses wouldn't be spoiled, which is what happened last year. We already saw them scramble to cover up Killer Klownz; if you look earlier in this thread, they tried to cover up the facade with a tarp.

This was posted earlier, but most people are saying that the facades were started late this year so that certain houses wouldn't be spoiled, which is what happened last year. We already saw them scramble to cover up Killer Klownz; if you look earlier in this thread, they tried to cover up the facade with a tarp.
I think the thing that's particularly worrying is most facades are finished around the halfway or three quarters of the way completion point for the interior of a maze, and considering most of the facades aren't done, it doesn't bode well for the completion of the inside of the mazes.

I think the thing that's particularly worrying is most facades are finished around the halfway or three quarters of the way completion point for the interior of a maze, and considering most of the facades aren't done, it doesn't bode well for the completion of the inside of the mazes.

looking at the way things are
house of 1000 corpses
holidayz in hell
killer klowns
and probably stranger things seem to be completed from the inside.
I might be wrong though.

The hypothesis is that they were focusing on interior construction first, since the GP can't see into the maze, and then doing the facade last so that the announcement doesn't get spoiled. So while previous years might've had facades go up at halfway completion, this year might've had them up at the point they were nearly done.

I do think it was odd that it took this long for the Tram Garage mazes to go vertical. That's the part that worries me the most. The backlot mazes look more or less finished though.

The hypothesis is that they were focusing on interior construction first, since the GP can't see into the maze, and then doing the facade last so that the announcement doesn't get spoiled. So while previous years might've had facades go up at halfway completion, this year might've had them up at the point they were nearly done.

I do think it was odd that it took this long for the Tram Garage mazes to go vertical. That's the part that worries me the most. The backlot mazes look more or less finished though.[/QUOTE

EXACTLY!