Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2014

what would the icon be? that'd be a curious thought though...We'll see what happens next year, i'd be interested to see USH be the first for a Family Halloween event so...we'll see.. ;)

If HHN goes on hiatus again, over something stupid like this, I am done with life. I honestly get the impression Kurtzwil sees HHN as a huge hassle to maintain. Maybe that's why they didn't want to bring it back in the first place.

Hassle =/= money

HHN makes a ton of dough and if Kurtzwell tries to put an end to it, Comcast will FIRE him in a heartbeat. So yea I hope that happens.

If HHN goes on hiatus again, over something stupid like this, I am done with life. I honestly get the impression Kurtzwil sees HHN as a huge hassle to maintain. Maybe that's why they didn't want to bring it back in the first place.
Does anyone know why HHN was put on hiatus in the first place?  Just wondering.  I just think it's odd that HHN at USH has such a sporadic history, whereas Knott's has done Halloween Haunt every year since 1973, and even HHN at UOR has been going on for 24 continuous years now!

Have you all noticed what tonight's password is for FDTD? Could it be a not-so-subtle hint for next year? :)

Oh, and there's this: http://www.scarehouse.com/about/a-legendary-halloween

Murdy said he was working on a maze that's released for next year. Crimson Peak is set for mid-October, around the time Dracula came out. He has been wanting to work with Del Torro, so there's that. Since TrT is Legendary as well (Which is Universal), I think we already have a good idea of what three of the mazes will be.

-Walking Dead (Ugh)

-Trick r Treat

-Crimson Peak

I do think Trick R Treat has larger chances now with Crimson being a possibility but I don't see TWD coming back...maybe TLOU could be that replacement as it would make more sense than just walkers.

I do think Trick R Treat has larger chances now with Crimson being a possibility but I don't see TWD coming back...maybe TLOU could be that replacement as it would make more sense than just walkers.
I really doubt we will see The Last Of Us next year, honestly I think there is a very low chance. The chances of TWD returning are higher.

The only time I can see TLOU as a possibility is the year the movie comes out.

As for Trick-R-Treat, I don't understand the following for that movie, but I would certainly like to see it along with Crimson Peak.

Have you all noticed what tonight's password is for FDTD? Could it be a not-so-subtle hint for next year? :)

Oh, and there's this: http://www.scarehouse.com/about/a-legendary-halloween

Murdy said he was working on a maze that's released for next year. Crimson Peak is set for mid-October, around the time Dracula came out. He has been wanting to work with Del Torro, so there's that. Since TrT is Legendary as well (Which is Universal), I think we already have a good idea of what three of the mazes will be.

-Walking Dead (Ugh)

-Trick r Treat

-Crimson Peak
Think any chance of any other themed properties being done? I know this year was mostly themed properties with the exception of the Clowns one I think. ...Really trying to think of what new movies coming out that Universal could try to make into their own maze for now.

Well, that's all folks **cartoon music plays** What a great year of HHN. I have to say, this was one of my favorite years. As much as I love the haunt season, I'm kind of ready for it to end. There are some things I need to get back into, like school, work, and personal priorities. Also, I miss going to day time Universal. It'll be nice to absorb the park atmosphere again during the daylight.

Patrcik Quinn. Maybe he could potentially be our next creative director?
Speaking of next Creative Director, I've been asking Murdy on Twitter about his final year, he's sort of avoided the question, and finally acknowledged he is reconsidering how long he will stay with the event. This year or next was supposed to be his final year.