HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I might be in the minority, but I would choose walking to the backlot over having less mazes any day.

They could maybe do the 2 mazes, 1 soundstage idea, if it was set up to go out of one, straight into the other (like they often do with two backstage mazes at Knott's) as I don't think they would have enough room for a third que in that area.

HHN rumor time: Apparently Orlando is heavily rumored to have a Tremors houses this year. I wonder if Hollywood will share this IP? 

A Tremors house would be really cool. I can see the possibilities for this house already and that excites me. You could go through all the stages of the Graboid in such a house too in really innovative ways. Maybe have people chased by Shriekers and **-blasters and leave the main graboids as huge setpieces. But have things under the floor with graboid tentacles waving about so there's still a sense of menace with the big guys around. 

Given the fact the opening date of TWD attraction is listed as "Summer 2016", what are the chances it will still be exclusive to HHN this year?  On a technicality the last day of summer is September 21st and last year HHN started on 9/18.  If HHN opens on a comparative weekend, that of 9/16 this year, the summer 2016 opening date would still work.....and they could play it off as opening on that date to HHN only, remaining open all day after HHN ends. ...thoughts??

Screamscape is reporting that the Tremors rumors are false and that both Texas Chainsaw and The Exorcist are in the works for both coasts. We shall see though...

Reactions: Alexshow.
I really don't mind TCM being back one more time. 2012's rendition was so awful, I would like to see it be done right. To make it really different, I would like to see the house start off at the gas station. With Freddy Vs Jason, this would mean the big three would be back. So we're looking at:

-Walking Dead

-The Exorcist

-The Conjuring

-The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

-Freddy Vs. Jason

-Krampus

-Seventh house? AHS?

Sound like it'll be a descent year. I would've preferred an original concept over TCM though. 

For TCM, Its not..a bad idea.

the 2012 iteration was poorly made, and if they're trying to tackle that film again; it gives a second chance to redeem the mistakes..and if FVJ is included; I wouldn't be surprised to see them back in the marketing as the focal points; which does make some sense.

As for something new..John is playing this new game with us..

lWfsXCw.png

Last edited by a moderator:
TCM in 2012 was a very last-minute replacement for An American Werewolf in London. I don't mind repeat I.Ps if they're spaced out in-between years but Murdy set the bar pretty high with TCM: Back in Business in 2007. Still not sold on it coming back. Screamscape has an iffy track record at best with rumors pertaining to Hollywood.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say Freak's lineup looks like what will most likely happen, with the 7th House being AMC/ Vertigo's Preacher. 

And yes, this year is nothing but IP's.

Reactions: Alexshow.
I'd say Freak's lineup looks like what will most likely happen, with the 7th House being AMC/ Vertigo's Preacher. 

And yes, this year is nothing but IP's.

I agree that Freaks is probably more accurate to what'll entail for Hollywood..which it does make me think of what could be exclusive for USH's HHN. And I have two guesses, that could make sense.

~FvJ (Orlando had it last year, that had mixed reviews and it had a uproar of It not coming last year to USH)

~Preacher (I have a feeling that USH will be the testing pad for this IP; as I don't think that Orlando will even touch it for now)

If I want to throw a wildcard guess, I think Hollywood will be having The Exorcist before Orlando, but who knows at this point.

Reactions: chris.g
I have a feeling our FvJ will be a lot like Orlando's in the sense that it took some elements of the movie, but incorporated it into an original storyline while using elements of the previous Nightmare on Elm Street films/ Friday the 13th movies. 

I have a feeling our FvJ will be a lot like Orlando's in the sense that it took some elements of the movie, but incorporated it into an original storyline while using elements of the previous Nightmare on Elm Street films/ Friday the 13th movies. 

Hopefully that's the case.. Especially given the fact that half our 2007/2008 NOES and F13 mazes were scenes from Freddy Vs. Jason.. 

Reactions: chris.g