HHN XX: Most Anticipated House | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN XX: Most Anticipated House

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which houses are you looking forward to most? (Pick 3)

• Catacombs - Black Death Rising

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Hades - The Gates of Ruin

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • Horror Nights - The Hallow'd Past

Votes: 48 60.8%
  • Havoc - Dogs of War

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • ZombieGeddon

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Legendary Truth - The Wyandot Estate

Votes: 35 44.3%
  • PsychoScareapy - Echoes of Shadybrook

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • The Orfanage - Ashes to Ashes

Votes: 19 24.1%

• Total voters
Now that it's settled in, here's my full list:

1. Horror Nights - The Hallowed Past
2. Legendary Truth - The Wyandot Estate
3. The Orfanage - Ashes to Ashes
4. Hades - The Gates of Ruin
5. PsychoScareapy - Echoes of Shadybrook
6. Catacombs - Black Death Rising
7. ZombieGeddon
8. Havoc - Dogs of War

Surprisingly, I don't feel that any of them deserve to be at the bottom of my list. They all seem like they have a lot of potential.

My predictions:

1. Hades - The Gates of Ruin

2. PsychoScareapy - Echoes of Shadybrook

3. Horror Nights - The Hallowed Past

4. Legendary Truth - The Wyandot Estate

5. The Orfanage - Ashes to Ashes

7. Havoc - Dogs of War

8. ZombieGeddon

I can't see the zombie house as being as good as the others.

Last edited:
Prediction Time!

1. Hades - The Gates of Ruin
2. Legendary Truth - The Wyandot Estate
3. Horror Nights - The Hallowed Past
4. The Orfanage - Ashes to Ashes
5. PsychoScareapy - Echoes of Shadybrook
7. Havoc - Dogs of War
8. ZombieGeddon

1. Horror Nights: The Hallowed Past-I really want to see where they take this.

2. The Orfanage-Cindy. Need I say more?

3. ZombieGeddon-I usually don't like zombie movies, but I've always LOVED HHN's zombie related houses/scarezones.

4. Hades-I have no explanation. It looks awesome.

5. Psychoscareapy-It was awesome before, but I'm not that into psych wards. Maximum Madness was crazy though.

6. Legendary Truth-Maybe this will help me understand??

7. Catacombs-Meh. We'll see. Looks kind of interesting, but the graphic didn't pull me in.

8. Havoc-Same as 7. I really am going to give all the houses a fair chance, but I can't say this will be my favorite. Unless I get a HUGE scare, I think I'm in for a Spawning-sized shrug.

I'm definitely anticipating the HHN house. I've been going for about 6 years now, and I want to relive all those scenes from the best houses.

My top 10:

1. Horror Nights...I love tribute houses, they give me nostalgia.
1a. Hades...I love the concept
1b. Psycho Scareapy.....greatest house concept they've ever had next to Screamhouse
1c. Legendary Truth...this has a chance to be epic
2. Havoc...this could be the surprise house of the year I think
3. Catacombs....depends on the SAs i think
4. Orfanage....the skool didn't scare me at all and I don't think this will either
5. Zombiegeddon....I've seen pictures of the inside of the house and I'm not impressed just yet

1. Hades , a journey through the underworld done right makes this a possible best house ever.

2. Halloween Horror Nights Hallow'd Past , 19 years crammed into one house how can this not be awesome.

3. Legendary Truth , What I think will be the sleeper of the event and be the scariest as well.

Let me start this off by saying that I don't dislike any of these houses, I'm just more excited about some than others/

1. PsychoScareapy - Echoes of Shadybrook: The main reason I'm excited for this house is because I'm in it. :p But seriously, I love the Psychoscarepy series, they're great houses and have some really great characters in them. I'm excited to see what the next chapter of the Shadybrook story has to offer.
2. Legendary Truth - The Wyandot Estate: They should have called this one Fan Service: The House. Seriously though, I'm expecting some very unique scares from this one and it definitely has potential to be both creepy and terrifying.
3. Horror Nights - The Hallow'd Past: The fact that this is in the parade building is a double edged sword. In one regard, if it continues the trend the other houses have set for it, it'll be awesome. In another, if it doesn't live up to its legacy ... eek. Regardless, I think this will be an exceptional house, if only for all the sight gags and little references for the fans to enjoy.
4. Hades - The Gates of Ruin: I'm most excited about the scenic elements for this house, some very dramatic lighting and sets are guaranteed. The costumes and character designs should also be something to enjoy. I'm excited to see this one in action.
5. ZombieGeddon: As many others have speculated, this will be our house with a sense of humor. I love me some zombies and a love me laughs, so the two together ought to work beautifully.
6. The Orfanage - Ashes to Ashes: Yet another instance of fan service this year (they must really like us guys, or something), Cindy getting her own house could be awesome or disastrous. Whereas The Skool was relatively tame, The Skoolhouse made the tops of almost everybody's list, so the notion of scary children can go either way. I'm curious to see what will come of this house.
7. Havoc - Dogs of War: I'm actually really, really excited for this one, but it's low on my list because I'm not entirely sure what to make of it just yet. I think we can anticipate this being a very intense, very aggressive house, but I won't be sure of what to expect until I go through it. This could probably be a sleeper in the way Dead Exposure was.
8. Catacombs - Black Death Rising: In the same regard as Havoc, I'm still not entirely sure what to expect with this one. I think it will definitely be creepy, I just hope they create the dark and claustrophobic atmosphere necessary for this kind of house to succeed. Almost like Descent, but ADA accessible. :p

Here's my list..

1- Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate
2-Hades: The Gates of Ruin
3-PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook
4-The Orfanage
5-Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past
6- ZombieGeddon
7-Catacombs: Black Death Rising
8-Havoc: Dogs of War

I am looking forward to Legendary Truth-The Wyandot Estate the most because I am a big ghost hunters fan and it sounds awesome.

It's hard to pick which house I'm looking forward to most. All of them look really cool to me, but I'll list them anyway.

1- Hades: The Gates of Ruins-- I love the myths of ancient Greece, and the idea of getting the s**t scared out of me by Medusa is just plain awesome.

2- PsychoScarepy: The Echoes of Shadybrook-- Asylums are generally creepy places. My dad used to work at an old asylum, and it was extremely eerie.

3- The OrFanage: Ashes to Ashes-- CHILDREN. ARE. F&*KING. SCARY. Plus, old and dilapidated buildings (which most of the locations we used while shooting Sightings were) really creep me out .

4- Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate-- Who doesn't love the good ol' haunted house scenario?

5- ZombieGeddon-- I loved LITC. I love the dark humor houses so much. That being said, I do somewhat prefer darker houses.

6- Havoc: The Dogs of War-- The concept of this house reminds me quite a bit of The Crazies (2010). I loved The Crazies, so I am looking forward to walking through this house.

7- Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past-- Don't get me wrong, I am really looking forward to this house. But I'm looking forward to seeing the new (originality wise) houses a bit more.

8- Catacombs: Black Death Rising-- As I said for the house above, I am looking forward to this house. That being said, catacombs is a pretty generic theme.

I am really looking forward to the Hades house and LT. If my guess is correct and Havoc is based on "Dog Soldiers", than it'll move up higher on my list.

They all sound great, but Catacombs intrigues me the most. Concept sounds good, and I've always wanted to visit the real life underground catacombs in France.

1. LT Wyandot Estate-always wanted to be in a haunted house that's "actually" haunted
2. Hades- Mythological creatures brought to life? Count me in.
3. OrFanage- Burnt down haunted house with a bunch of kids, call me Scooby-Doo!
4. Hallow'd Past- If they treat it right, it could actually be the best house
5. Catacombs- Depends on how well-done the catacombs themselves look!
6. Psychoscarepy
7. Havoc
8. Zombiegeddon

Too hard to rank em right now! They all look great and we have so little information to go on! :p

Let's try this...

DYING to see Horror Nights - The Hallow'd Past!
REALLY looking forward to Hades - The Gates of Ruin!
REALLY intrigued about The Orfanage - Ashes to Ashes!

Then, in no particular order, because they each look interesting in their own way:
Very intrigued about Catacombs - Black Death Rising
Very intrigued about Legendary Truth - The Wyandot Estate
Very intrigued about PsychoScareapy - Echoes of Shadybrook

I'm not sure what to make of Havoc - Dogs of War yet, but it could turn out to be a cool house.

And... I'm going to see all of the houses, so I guess I'll also check out ZombieGeddon. But it's not really pulling me in :p