Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Combining d a n n y's idea and my idea together. (All Right Reserved:lol: ). I'll do a made-up story. There is this guy named Joe. Since he is a HUGE coaster fan, he wants to try out HRRR. Since he isn't that much into music, he decides to sample a song at the Rock booth since he is more familiar with rock than any other genre. He notices a song he heard on Guitar Hero 3: Rock You Like A Hurricane. Joe listens to the 30 second sample and loves it. The screen says "Do you want to listen to this song on the ride?" He clicks yes and a small card comes out of a machine, explaining to type in the barcode number (something like RULAHS) on the touch screen infront of you while your riding the ride. He waits in line, and finally he sits in the coaster seat. He pulls out his card and types in the barcode on the touch screen. It says "You have chosen "Rock You Like A Hurricane". He rides HRRR and decides to ride again this time chosing another song. The End. (To add to d a n n y's idea. With the screen's infront of you, the menu would show "Pick a song or type in your barcode from the sampling booths". If you choose Pick a song, it will show you the genres and you pick the song from there. Comments?

Combining d a n n y's idea and my idea together. (All Right Reserved:lol: ). I'll do a made-up story. There is this guy named Joe. Since he is a HUGE coaster fan, he wants to try out HRRR. Since he isn't that much into music, he decides to sample a song at the Rock booth since he is more familiar with rock than any other genre. He notices a song he heard on Guitar Hero 3: Rock You Like A Hurricane. Joe listens to the 30 second sample and loves it. The screen says "Do you want to listen to this song on the ride?" He clicks yes and a small card comes out of a machine, explaining to type in the barcode number (something like RULAHS) on the touch screen infront of you while your riding the ride. He waits in line, and finally he sits in the coaster seat. He pulls out his card and types in the barcode on the touch screen. It says "You have chosen "Rock You Like A Hurricane". He rides HRRR and decides to ride again this time chosing another song. The End. (To add to d a n n y's idea. With the screen's infront of you, the menu would show "Pick a song or type in your barcode from the sampling booths". If you choose Pick a song, it will show you the genres and you pick the song from there. Comments?

How bout a spot just to insert the card, and if you're an ass and try to steal it, you won't be able to hear the song while you ride. The only potential problem I see with yours, is for people who are blind.

How bout a spot just to insert the card, and if you're an ass and try to steal it, you won't be able to hear the song while you ride. The only potential problem I see with yours, is for people who are blind.

I thought about that, and I don't know why I decided to go with the barcode idea. That's all you need to do. Take the card from the booth. Insert it into the slot, and bam, your done! We should work with Universal on this idea.:lol:

Thanks for the German update. :lol: Next year, I might have to go back to Universal (which I wan't to, I haven't been in more than 4 years), between this and HP.... It's hard, but I'll try to forgive you for what you did to our precious Lost Continent, Rowling. But the rides that we see better be good!

Thanks for the German update. :lol: Next year, I might have to go back to Universal (which I wan't to, I haven't been in more than 4 years), between this and HP.... It's hard, but I'll try to forgive you for what you did to our precious Lost Continent, Rowling. But the rides that we see better be good!

Hey, it's a German company, be thankful I got THAT much. :lol:

Gah, I can't wait for this thing... It's gonna be enormous!! (TWSS)

EDIT: Here's the translation for the German article:

Already in the evening before the I / O, mason of sons in the frame of the IAAPA Summer Meeting to a factory examination had loaded. After two presentations of Disney and universally to the backgrounds in the origin of new attractions a leadership followed through the factory buildings, in which just the rails were made for the XS Coaster Hollywoods Rip, Ride, Rockit in the universal studios Floridas.

The train will show a layout very long stretched with approximately 1150 stretch meter because it extends along existing buildings of the well known film park. With seven tandem trains to twelve places apiece, the necessary capacity is reached of 1850 passengers per hour. Accompanies becomes the trip of an Onboard Soundsystem in the head support, that has develops universally itself and will supply. An Onboard video camera will record the passengers whereby the possibility is offered to acquire a music video at the end of the trip. In addition the trains with gigantic LED lamp areas will be equipped, that can change its color.

Universally a train with Thrill wanted, but without inversion. The result is a 51 meter of high vertical elevator with subsequent departure of 75 degrees. The so-called Non Inverted Loop, that differs of a conventional Vertikallooping, follows it, in that the upper part was replaced by a screw. In the highest point in almost 42 meter heights the train does not stand therefore head, but rather revolves once around that longitudinal axis to submerge there around then into the departure - certainly an interesting load experience if also of Intamin in Tusenfryd with the Norwegian Loop already similarly realized. The long stretched layout offers further four Artime elements, steep curves and nearly collision with the existing Filmsets. The trains with 2 vehicles apiece should reach a maximal speed of 105 km/h.

That's all the talk about HRRR, but there's more on other attractions by Maurer Sohne.

Last edited: