Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Holy Land Experience

Adrianna and I will be heading out to here tomorrow and see what it's all about. Hopefully it doesn't reach full capacity. :lol:

Here's some pics of the madness:

IMG_8993.jpg

IMG_8994.jpg

I got sent into the middle of the madness yesterday to do live shots, and I was driving our "big" live truck. It took over an hour to get over to the front gate from the Mall at Millenia.

I'd like to see some Revenge of the Devil or Athiest Encounter, it should be Men In White: Athiest Encounter. There should be a Stairway to Heaven too haha

Going here would be the most awkward thing ever. I hardly ever talk about my own beliefs (agnostic), because I'm afraid I might upset someone (I mean, have you seen Muhammad? No, really. Have you? They went ape-sh** over Southpark for displaying him)

Going here would be the most awkward thing ever. I hardly ever talk about my own beliefs (agnostic), because I'm afraid I might upset someone (I mean, have you seen Muhammad? No, really. Have you? They went ape-sh** over Southpark for displaying him)

Going there would be the BEST thing ever! Even as a (non hardcore) Christian, I can't believe these people even dared to make religion a marketing tactic! I'd be trying to control tears of laughter!

Free Admission Day is returning this year. From Orlando Sentinel:
Holy Land Experience, the biblical theme park alongside Interstate 4 in south Orlando, will waive its $35 admission fee this year on Oct. 5, according to the Orange County Property Appraiser's Office.

The park is required to offer free admission to the public one day each year, under a state law that guarantees Holy Land a property-tax exemption as a religious entity. The exemption saves the park roughly $300,000 a year in Orange County taxes, according to property appraiser records.

The county's property appraiser, Bill Donegan, said the biblical theme park alerted the county to the date after his office sent a letter reminding the park of the requirement. A spokesman for Holy Land confirmed the date Thursday.

Last year, the park was less than forthcoming about the information, not disclosing the date and instead indicating that the public could find out about the free day by watching television stations run by Trinity Broadcasting Network, the California-based Christian broadcaster that now owns the park.

As of Thursday, Holy Land was not advertising the free day on its website under upcoming events, though the site listed activities through January. The park said it will again advertise the date on its television networks, as well as on Christian radio stations.

Coverage of park's property-tax exemption last year by the Orlando Sentinel prompted the county to ask Holy Land for documentation of its previous free days and to provide the date of the 2009 event, which the park supplied.

This year, Donegan said, "We kind of gave them a little letter ahead of time." He said the park responded to the letter by supplying the date.

Last year, after the Sentinel wrote about the free day, more than 7,000 people flooded the park, backing up traffic on Interstate 4 and causing the attraction to reach its 1,700-person capacity just moments after opening for the day. The park provided overflow guests with a voucher to return another day.

More on the new auditorium from the Orlando Sentinel:
hlxbldg5001.jpg

“What is that thing the Holy Land is building?” That’s one of the year’s most-asked questions, trailing only “When is the Wizarding World of Harry Potter opening?”

Construction has been going on for a while, but once it started going vertical, it became a major curiousity for passersby on Interstate 4, which comes noticably close to the new building.

What’s going up? A 2,000-seat auditorium to be called the Church of All Nations.

It will be used for church services at first, says Holy Land Experience spokesman John Casoria.

Expect concerts and plays as well. It will be wired for high-definition broadcast and have advanced multimedia capabilities, Casoria says.

The rounded construction will give way to a colliseum-style look, he said, and be light tan in color, similar to other Holy Land structures.

There’s also a Church of All Nations in Jerusalem, next to the Garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus prayed before his arrest.

The Orlando version is scheduled to be finished in April.

Funny article from Holy Taco.

The Holy Land Experience in Orlando, Florida bills itself as an inspiring, religious theme park that brings ancient Jerusalem, sacred Biblical scripture and the teachings of Jesus Christ into a fully interactive family experience. That’s why every summer, thousands of faithful families leave their homes, spend thousands of dollars on airline tickets and transportation expenses and venture to Orlando where they spend even more money at Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and Busch Gardens when they realize just how lame the Holy Land Experience actually is.

But this year, the creators of the Holy Land Experience decided they were tired of getting their Biblical butts kicked by a robotic shark and a giant mouse. So get ready for…the (new and improved) Holy Land Experience’s “Islands of Redemption.”

Sermon on the Splash Mount – Riders will board log flumes and listen to a fully animatronic recreation of Jesus Christ deliver the entire 15 and a half minute long Sermon on the Mount before plunging five stories down the mount at 60 mph into the briar patch AKA Jesus’ laughing place.

The Haunted Abortion Clinic – There’s 999 Limbo-trapped souls in this creepy clinic, but there’s room for one more if you want to go against God’s will. Beware of hitchhiking fetuses!

Garden of Eden Adventure Water Ride – From the makers of the “Jurassic Park” water ride at Universal Studios comes this boat ride that starts as a gentle drift through the picturesque Garden of Eden but quickly turns dangerous as it ventures into dinosaur infested lands not only caring you around every turn but scaring you into believing that dinosaurs could have existed 200 years ago.

Expedition Sinai – You board an aging steam train for a tour of the majestic Mount Sinai. But when a break in the track puts the train off course, your tour quickly becomes an escape route as you plunge backwards into the mountain and down steep slopes before coming face to face with a 200-foot snarling, roaring, animatronic Ten Commandments tablet that lungs right for you!

Heathens of the Carribean – Take a leisurely boat trip through treacherous Caribbean waters during the peak of Spring Break where hundreds of thousands of horny, rebellious teenagers trade their souls and their innocence for fun of the flesh. Watch hundreds of lifelike animatronic Spring Breakers drink, vomit and bare themselves before God’s vengeful eye.

The Carousel of Revelations – Mankind has made leaps and bounds from the age of telegraphs and horse drawn buggies to radio and television waves and finally to the age of cell phones and the Information Superhighway. But find out where mankind is headed when the dead rise from their graves, the Anti-Christ returns to the Earth and all of God’s children are taken to heaven while the non-believers are left behind in a post-apocalyptic world in this education showcase.

At a time with much recent unrest regarding religion, it seems that even this "theme" park can be subjected to violence.

ORLANDO -- A New Jersey man is in custody after trying to visit a popular Orlando attraction with his gun.

It happened around 7:30 a.m. Sunday at the Holy Land Experience.

Orange County Sheriff’s deputies said the man, who was recently discharged from the military, was vacationing in the City Beautiful with his family when he told them he needed to “talk to God.”

Some employees spotted him and called police.

The man did not resist arrest. Orlando police said they decided to take him into custody under the Baker Act. The man can be held for 72 hours under psychiatric care.

His name has not been released.

He was taken to Lakeside Alternatives in Eatonville for evaluation.

No one else was injured in the incident.

The man was not able to get inside the attraction, which is closed on Sundays.

We have reached out to Holy Land’s owners for a comment, but have not heard back.