Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
yeah and Brian’s point is that we’re not discussing whether or not FNAF is “horror.” it’s definitely horror. it’s just horror that is consumed, to a large degree, by young people.
I guess my point is that it kind of belongs in hhn if we get stuff like Harry Potter and Weeknd. the animatronics might be cutesy. but universal would make them very scary.
if they can make the Weeknd stuff scary I'm sure that five nights would be very scary

yeah and Brian’s point is that we’re not discussing whether or not FNAF is “horror.” it’s definitely horror. it’s just horror that is consumed, to a large degree, by young people.
Which really opens up a larger discussion, as there's many big horror properties out there that are more mature (DbD, Resident Evil, Silent Hill just to name a few) that millions of kids way too young for them have started watching videos of and getting into, when they really shouldn't be.

Scooby-Doo is a more “mature” IP than Five Nights.

Both are perfectly appropriate for HHN and would very likely make strong houses.
Eh, I don't think that's really an apt comparison. Scooby-Doo is certainly a spooky Halloween-adjacent property, but it has pretty much always been comedic and lighthearted. The original Five Nights at Freddy's games were firmly horror, setting out directly to frighten the player with jump scares and startling audio queues. When I was younger, I was very scared of FNaF, but I've felt that way about Scooby-Doo at any point in my life.

• Love
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Scooby-Doo is a more “mature” IP than Five Nights.

Both are perfectly appropriate for HHN and would very likely make strong houses.

(The Scooby-Doo house would be better).
imma respectfully say this is cap lol. first games game over has you stuffed into a suit with your teeth and eyes bursting through the suit, 3 has a rotting decaying corpse which you see a ton in detail inside of an animatronic, along with the person dying inside of the suit in a painful death, 4th has a kids head crushed in an animatronics jaws putting him in a coma, and Sister Location has two bodies hung up in what looks like nooses, and your main characters insides being scooped out so an animatronic can wear you as a skin suit.

I love both IPs, but saying Scooby Doo is more mature then FNAF is insane lol

Me reading this thread today
Happy Excuse Me GIF

imma respectfully say this is cap lol. first games game over has you stuffed into a suit with your teeth and eyes bursting through the suit, 3 has a rotting decaying corpse which you see a ton in detail inside of an animatronic, along with the person dying inside of the suit in a painful death, 4th has a kids head crushed in an animatronics jaws putting him in a coma, and Sister Location has two bodies hung up in what looks like nooses, and your main characters insides being scooped out so an animatronic can wear you as a skin suit.

I’m pretty sure we don’t agree on what “mature” means. In terms of thematic depth, emotional resonance, writing quality, character development, evocation of mood they’re pretty equivalent- and Scooby doesn’t have any pretenses of being “super serious for real.”

Last edited:

like Simpsons treehouse of horror has a lot of messed up stuff.

Screw it, let's just do Peter Pan. But Idk, make them vampires or something. That could work.

Eh, I don't think that's really an apt comparison. Scooby-Doo is certainly a spooky Halloween-adjacent property, but it has pretty much always been comedic and lighthearted. The original Five Nights at Freddy's games were firmly horror,...

Ghostbusters, Beetlejuice and KKfOS show it's not strictly a comedy/humor divide. It's more the age of the intended audience. (And yeah, the mercenary tendency in the 80s to turn literally any IP into a cartoon -- Rambo springs to mind, Kenner released toys from an Alien cartoon that thankfully never made screens -- often clouds the issue.)

Ghostbusters, Beetlejuice and KKfOS show it's not strictly a comedy/humor divide. It's more the age of the intended audience. (And yeah, the mercenary tendency in the 80s to turn literally any IP into a cartoon -- Rambo springs to mind, Kenner released toys from an Alien cartoon that thankfully never made screens -- often clouds the issue.)
My point wasn't that comedy/horror-adjacent properties do not belong at the event, it's simply that I do not believe that Five Nights at Freddy's falls under that genre, and that it would somehow inhibit it from being featured at the event. Five Nights at Freddy's demographic is not quite the same as many of the other properties that have been featured at the event, but it certainly wouldn't the biggest departure from "core horror" that HHN has ever seen.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
My point wasn't that comedy/horror-adjacent properties do not belong at the event, it's simply that I do not believe that Five Nights at Freddy's falls under that genre, and that it would somehow inhibit it from being featured at the event. Five Nights at Freddy's demographic is not quite the same as many of the other properties that have been featured at the event, but it certainly wouldn't the biggest departure from "core horror" that HHN has ever seen.
technically I can see the idea that the fan base for Freddy's is too young or something like that. I can see that the games are for younger fans. I can see that point. I don't even deny that observation. I see it, I see the case.
but if anything, stranger things already broke that barrier, the audience for stranger things and the audience for Freddy's probably overlaps alot. ( not the properties but the fan base of Freddy's probably like stranger things)
I think that stranger things changed stuff. you can feel the change. ( maybe Freddy's doesn't belong in the park, but the younger audiences came with st)

The general public is known to demand Universal by jumping on the trends that is or was popular yet most of them are a far cry from being really good like the Walking Dead and Stranger Things. While I’ve noticed a few people were pissed that they’re not doing it this year, but I’m honestly glad that FNAF is not one of my own wants compared to all the house concepts that I wrote for myself from my alt-universe of HHN. Not only I couldn’t get into the games for some reason, but also my worry about the IP itself is it would fell into the same fate as the other two I’ve mentioned before despite being lucrative.