Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando

Ugh where do I start.

In terms of specific IPs in specific locations:

- The Conjuring 1 + 2 in SS22
- Suspiria in SS25
- 13 Ghosts(2001) in MiB Tent
- Black Christmas in Shrek
- Hellraiser in a Sprung
- Silence of the Lambs in Parade
- Scary Movie in SS22
- Halloween 2018 in Parade
- Steven King Mashup in a Sprung
- Beetlejuice in MiB Tent
- IT Chapters 1 + 2 in Parade
- The Descent in a Sprung
- Return of the Living Dead in a SS
- Scream in a Sprung
- Sleepaway Camp in a SS or Parade
- Titans of Terror in a SS
- Zombieland in Parade
- Horrors of A24(Hereditary/Midsommar/The VVitch) in MiB
- Dead Space, Dead by Daylight, or Last of Us in a SS

Dream Originals:
- Nightingales vs Body Collectors in 1300’s Paris(triple crossover w/ Catacombs)
- The Orfanage 2
- 50’s Style Apocalypse House
- Silver Screams 2 or All Nite Die In 3
- Donner Party
- A true Wendigo house
- A “trippy” house with lots of disorienting effects could work(not 3D though)
- Mayan Temple House
- Asian Mythology

If the Purge series is really coming to an end, I want one more Purge SZ. I'd love anything legitimately King, but that ship I think has sailed. Phantasm, sure. Other than that, surprise me.

Wishlist:

Army Of Darkness in a soundstage (I love the Evil Dead series and if they continue their comedy oriented event, I think this would great for it)
Dead By Daylight (This has a big potential at HHN. Its more on the grittier side of horror that HHN is missing. The only problem is that they would have to use the original characters that were crafted for the game and non of the IPs included in the DLC)
Doctor Sleep (I think Doctor Sleep would be great to see at HHN, due to the new movie coming out and they could reuse props and scenes from The Shining House)
Beetlejuice (This would make a great scarezone. I can see this as giving off the same vibes as Vamp 85 did. Maybe even combined more IP icons in the zone as well. I could see Chucky and Bettlejuice interacting well. It is popular right now with the musical being a hit and Bettlejuice showing up to the event on the throwback day that they did.)
Black Mirror (if they do it well, a Black Mirror house could be genuinely good. However it would be tough to encompass the whole feeling of the show, with it being an anthology show like the Twilight Zone. But I think they could do it.)

Wishlist:

Army Of Darkness in a soundstage (I love the Evil Dead series and if they continue their comedy oriented event, I think this would great for it)
Dead By Daylight (This has a big potential at HHN. Its more on the grittier side of horror that HHN is missing. The only problem is that they would have to use the original characters that were crafted for the game and non of the IPs included in the DLC)
Doctor Sleep (I think Doctor Sleep would be great to see at HHN, due to the new movie coming out and they could reuse props and scenes from The Shining House)
Beetlejuice (This would make a great scarezone. I can see this as giving off the same vibes as Vamp 85 did. Maybe even combined more IP icons in the zone as well. I could see Chucky and Bettlejuice interacting well. It is popular right now with the musical being a hit and Bettlejuice showing up to the event on the throwback day that they did.)
Black Mirror (if they do it well, a Black Mirror house could be genuinely good. However it would be tough to encompass the whole feeling of the show, with it being an anthology show like the Twilight Zone. But I think they could do it.)

Big fan of Dead by Daylight, I feel like it could work pretty well as a Scarezone.

Thinking about my top-25 all-time HHN houses, the only ones I think I may enjoy if they came back re-imagined (not in the exact same layout - i.e. AAWiL):
  • Friday the 13th
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street
  • The Thing (1982)
  • Classic Monster houses - preferably limited to one specific monster's story per house
  • Screamhouse
  • All-Nite Die-In/Silver Screams
  • The In-Between

I would like to see the Blade Trilogy. Especially focusing on Blade 2 as those vampires are Nightmare fuel. Also a Underworld, Vampire vs. Werewolf aggressive type house.

My dream IPs (ignoring rights)

- Scream
- Conjuring
- Hellraiser
- Drag Me to Hell

Outside of some IP's I'd like to see the team tackle werewolves (seems like a good Central Park zone) & a proper aliens/UFO house (not the quasi-campy Invasion, but like a more messed up Fire in the Sky situation). Also, a full-on demonic possession haunted house. Like Wyandott Estate from HHN20 cranked up to 11.

I always thought the New England Vampire Panic would be an interesting premise for a house. Having the townspeople be xenophobic and the threat of the house, with the twist at the end being an actual vampire causing the plague, Mercy Brown.

I discussed this on the last podcast, but I thought Vanity Ball was an excellent idea that just didn't execute correctly. If ya'll ever played Arkham Knight, you may be familiar with Prof. Pyg. If not... basically, he was a serial killer who kidnaps victims and mutilates them. If successful, they become "Dollotrons", an army of drug-induced, pain-numbed soldiers created and carved to his liking. If he feels they aren't his vision of "perfect", he further mutilates them and displays their failure in the city. Do a mash-up of those ideas and meet somewhere in the middle to create an original idea, and it could be a very effective haunt. I feel blankless expressions, when done right, can be terrifying - and an army of mutilated soldiers sounds about right. Obviously, there could be some comparisons to Dollhouse of the Damned, but that was more "creating creepy human dolls". This idea is more "serial killer trying to make the perfect human".

A lot of these listed so far would be pretty awesome but I would include
House on Haunted Hill

I think some of my favorite HHN moments have been from the comedy houses so with that thought, and everyone needs a little more camp in their lives
Gremlins
Critters
Ghoulies

Screw it.

Terra Cruentes in the Studios

Production Central - Terror Eternia (an original zone mimicking Altars of Horror where the stages are different chapters in the story of Terra Cruentes - Like the Stages of the Cross)
Hollywood - Terra Guard Run (leading to the Terra Throne at Mel's)
New York - Blood Thunder Alley
San Fran - The Fire Pits
Central Park - Gorewood Forest (extended into KidZone with the Cemetary Mines)

There Blake... I did your job for you.

IP’s
-The Lost Boys (aka the hill I’m dying on)

Originals
-After the blurb about reimagined houses of the past I’d honestly be down for anything pre-26 (the first year I started going), I’ve always really wanted to see H.R. Bloodengutz most though.

Unpopular wishes that won’t come true but a girl can dream...
-*Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford voice* NO! RUBBER! CURTAINS! Now I understand why they have to have them but I have never in my life dreamed of turning into Edward Scissorhands more than when I encounter rubber curtains in a house. Cloth is amazing, beads, etc. but those heavy, nasty, sloppy, fingerprinty, sweaty rubber curtains are awful for the love of God it’s a haunted house not a car wash.
z6pYNLb.gif

-seriously reconfigured versions of zones in San Fran & Central Park

Screw it.

Terra Cruentes in the Studios

Production Central - Terror Eternia (an original zone mimicking Altars of Horror where the stages are different chapters in the story of Terra Cruentes - Like the Stages of the Cross)
Hollywood - Terra Guard Run (leading to the Terra Throne at Mel's)
New York - Blood Thunder Alley
San Fran - The Fire Pits
Central Park - Gorewood Forest (extended into KidZone with the Cemetary Mines)

There Blake... I did your job for you.
I love this!

Thinking about my top-25 all-time HHN houses, the only ones I think I may enjoy if they came back re-imagined (not in the exact same layout - i.e. AAWiL):
  • Friday the 13th
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street
  • The Thing (1982)
  • Classic Monster houses - preferably limited to one specific monster's story per house
  • Screamhouse
  • All-Nite Die-In/Silver Screams
  • The In-Between

In-Between is easiest to put a new spin on (arcade games anyone?). The most obvious route for Thing is a book report house of the (1982) movie. Screamhouse...I'd say make it snowy but BC already did it. Rights to NOES are supposedly a mess right now but I'd love seeing a mashup of common nightmares featuring Freddy (an office with him in business attire telling you you're late).

I'd love to see a Spanish Inquisition Vampyr house--as in, it was actually a cover for vampires.

Since the topic of bringing back old attractions as houses has come up, how about Dueling Dragons? Re-imagining the queue with Pyrock and Blizzrock puppets at the end would make for a perfect house!

Last edited: