Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How rough are the rides?

Mar 16, 2017
Judging by the ride guidelines, there's almost no rides that my daughter (some neck issues) and I (motion sickness) will be able to ride. I know from visiting other amusement parks that there are often some rides with warnings that aren't actually that rough. Are there any rides at USH that aren't actually that rough?  I'm thinking we'll be okay on Jurassic Park, we can do stationary seating at Shrek, watch shows, walk through Walking Dead, and ride Swirly Fun Ride with no problem. But I'm thinking the Studio Tour and Flight of the Hippogriff may also be okay. I'm guessing everything else we'd walk through to see theming, but then have to exit instead of riding. Any insight on what is actually as rough as the warnings make it out to be?

What rides at other parks have warnings but aren't actually that rough? That will help answering your question.

So far it seems that only Transformers, Minions, Mummy and Forbidden Journey are out.

Splash Mountain carries warnings for motion sickness, back and neck problems, but isn't a problem, thus I think Jurassic Park will be fine. Disney's Animal Kingdom safari also carries a bunch of warnings, but was okay, so I thought the studio tour would be okay.  Our local amusement park has some kiddie-land rollercoasters that carry warnings but they're really tame.  I don't have a lot of experience with simulator rides, and it seems there's a lot of those at USH.  Not sure what to think about them.

I would avoid Simpsons Ride, its a pretty jerky simulator, far more than say Star Tours.  

Forbidden Journey I think you will be okay on.  Its very smooth and at no point in the ride are you "jerked" around like on Simpsons or Transformers. 

Minions has stationary seating, just tell a Team Member that you want to sit there and you'll have no issues. Overall Minions is a fairly tame ride, but it dose have its moments where it jerks you around a little bit.

I would avoid Mummy, Transformers, and Simpsons.

Sounds like you have it right. JP will be fine, the Tour will be fine. I think Forbidden Journey won't be. So one yes and one no. Really difficult to say without knowing you and your daughter. When are you going?

Thanks for the replies and the heads up that Minions has stationary seats as well.  We'll be there before the month is over.  I think we'll error on the side of caution and skip FJ. I'd rather miss it than feel sick for a few hours or have my daughter be in pain. It just means more time to explore Hogsmeade I guess.

Minons and Simpsons are ones I would avoid. I had no idea minions had non moving seats. You might want to check a youtube video on Forbidden Journey, I don't feel like it is as rough and bumpy as minions or simpsons. Its more gentle in its movements, though you do move around a lot. I could be biased though because I've ridden it a lot and have gotten pretty used to it. Minions and Simpsons are rides I'd rather sit out on, since it seems like every 10 seconds they are jerking you forward or back (or spraying you with water).