Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2020

ultimateforce

Premium Member
Sep 7, 2019
Orlando
From the Busch Gardens website:

"Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present; we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit."

Take on terrifying haunted houses & roaming hordes.
Designed to terrify, Busch Gardens’ haunted houses will return with a vengeance, but the scares don’t stop there. Unspeakable horror lives in every dark corner, including on Busch Gardens’ pulse-pounding thrill rides. Howl-O-Scream is bringing fear to the next level and once you’re in there’s nothing to fear but everything.

Howl-O-Scream is a separately ticketed event.
*Event dates and details subject to change and/or cancellation without prior notice

Still no dates or prices listed. Who knows!

I hope they do something. Public auditions for starters, since an HHN public call isn't looking promising and with my current work schedule, I may actually be able to haunt this year.

BGT could look at this as a big opportunity if they think they can safely hold the event. How they would, idk. But SeaWorld and Busch have taken advantage of no other fireworks in the area currently. They could easily take advantage of this, too.

Although while BGT is a more regional park, it's still a SeaWorld park and we know how much some people like to crap on SeaWorld at any chance they get. BGT could see the benefit outweighing the negatives though. Although the negatives are real negative. You'd hate to start the event and have to cancel due to an outbreak within the cast/crew.

BGT could look at this as a big opportunity if they think they can safely hold the event. How they would, idk. But SeaWorld and Busch have taken advantage of no other fireworks in the area currently. They could easily take advantage of this, too.

Although while BGT is a more regional park, it's still a SeaWorld park and we know how much some people like to crap on SeaWorld at any chance they get. BGT could see the benefit outweighing the negatives though. Although the negatives are real negative. You'd hate to start the event and have to cancel due to an outbreak within the cast/crew.
If they use the reservation system they are using for the parks it could 100 percent work.

I feel they will have some form of Halloween event like Dia De Los Muertos with food and decorations regardless of HOS happening.

Most nights I've been to HOS are social distanced, let's be real..
That's not the point. It could be dead in the park, but the break room the performers have are extremely tight and it's a yearly occurence that illnesses break out among casts because everyone is around each other so much. I truly think it would've been next to impossible to go 2 months with HHN and not see that happen and I think the same can be said for HOS.

That's not the point. It could be dead in the park, but the break room the performers have are extremely tight and it's a yearly occurence that illnesses break out among casts because everyone is around each other so much. I truly think it would've been next to impossible to go 2 months with HHN and not see that happen and I think the same can be said for HOS.
I remember the year the Fallen crew at HHN got a really bad strain of the flu and several positions went unfilled for a while

This of course, would be a bigger problem

So since HHN got cancelled, I’m thinking of going to HOS for the first time.
What should I expect from the event? What are the chances that it will continue to run?
It's much more in your face than HHN (which will probably lead to it being cancelled) , the scareactors are much more aggressive

I say HHN is an Arena Rock Show and HOS is a punk band at your local theater...both do what they do well

Do the Fright Feast dinner and they let you into the park early...you could potentially go through a house completely alone

So far it looks like SWP&E is rolling ahead with the scheduled events in some shape or form, so I'm expecting Howl-O-Scream will happen in some form.
Like I said, at the very least I'm expecting some kind of fall food event

SWE has learned much from the Epcot model

Never been to or followed HOS before. What is their timeline usually like for announcing things? Might make the trip and give it a shot this year.
Haphazard and late...

I'm really thinking they may try and risk it with an event of some kind...Will it be true HOS? I don't know

Wouldn't it be interesting if they just cut the houses