Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2020

What are the odds of this event even happening though? Still no news or update at all yet.
That's actually relatively normal for them...They have a heavier marketing focus on a "summer event" which is still happening right now

I expect we hear a yes or no in August

I think the chances are higher than some may think as HOS or some kind of Halloween celebration would be beneficial to the parks

I think Shamu's Spooktacular continues as normal

As I've said before, it's possible they just cut the houses, open the park at night, and have one big scarezone with fog, lights, special food, scareactors, etc

To add to the question of "is HOS worth it"...They do scarezones very very well and just walking around the park is pure fun

Not saying walking around HHN is not fun, but there is really no "scares" happening in the zones at HHN....HOS is a different story

I will stick to my guns and say that a scarezone only HOS is something that could work well

At the same time, there are a few houses that could also be retrofitted for distancing

We'll see

At the very least I'm expecting a food festival of some kind
This will be interesting. The CEO also said they will be doing a modified Christmas event. ...Seems like it will definitely be much more substantial than just a few decorations hung up for Halloween & Christmas.....and
perhaps this might push Universal into doing a small Fall/Halloween food festival with some seasonal decorations with stuff left over from HHN.

Last edited:
If anything, I'd just love for this to be an opportunity for BG to get more eyes on HOS from the typical HHN crowd since that's not happening this year. I love HHN just as much as everyone else, but it's a huge shame that HOS so often gets ignored and neglected like it's a mediocre, half-baked product. This is all assuming it can be done safely of course.

If anything, I'd just love for this to be an opportunity for BG to get more eyes on HOS from the typical HHN crowd since that's not happening this year. I love HHN just as much as everyone else, but it's a huge shame that HOS so often gets ignored and neglected like it's a mediocre, half-baked product. This is all assuming it can be done safely of course.
The potential for them definitely outweighs the cost

Even an all-park scarezone would be welcomed, it's something

Perhaps they could do return tickets for the houses or something (if they do them)

No mention of houses, correct? All I'm seeing is scarezones & Fiends.

"The event will be modified to feature open-air scare zones, limited-capacity admission with reservations required, and physical distancing"

Reading more now in the FAQs:

Scare zones have been a fan-favorite element of our event for years, and the “open air” aspect of these areas helps us to provide a safe experience for our guests and ambassadors. This year, scare zones takeover the park on spacious walkways with physically-distant scares throughout. In addition to enhanced cleaning procedures taking place every hour and again every night, we will also have dedicated staff focused on ensuring that all guests are complying with proper face covering usage and physical distancing from other groups.

Scare actors will wear protective face coverings and remain physically distant from guests to ensure that guests and ambassadors are both safe.

I will say that the "icon"/marketing mascot with the mask along with the "The Fear Is In Your Eyes" motto is clever.

EDIT: Confirmed:

It'll be interesting to see how well this does without haunted houses. Will scarezones, the Fiends show and night time rides on the coasters be enough of a draw to get people to buy a ticket? For passholders it looks like tickets are only about $30 most Fri/Sat nights and only $25 on Sunday's, which isn't too bad. But with no multi-night ticket options available, will passholders want to come back again? If only they had some type of new ride they could open to help entice people to come...

It'll be interesting to see how well this does without haunted houses. Will scarezones, the Fiends show and night time rides on the coasters be enough of a draw to get people to buy a ticket? For passholders it looks like tickets are only about $30 most Fri/Sat nights and only $25 on Sunday's, which isn't too bad. But with no multi-night ticket options available, will passholders want to come back again? If only they had some type of new ride they could open to help entice people to come...
Are no multi-night tickets confirmed? Usually they’re available after the summer sale

Are no multi-night tickets confirmed? Usually they’re available after the summer sale

Usually the summer sale begins and ends before now, and it has included multi-night tickets in the past. Last year the "every night" ticket was a heck of a deal if you bought it early (only $60 lol). That being said, HOS did just reply to a tweet and didn't outright say no to multi-night tickets, so here's to hoping!

Here's the info on last year's summer sale, for reference:

Last edited: