Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2020

I think so much of this will be an unknown because who knows how many people will be admitted? If I had to guess the numbers will be pretty close to what they normally admit for HOS but with no houses for people to line up for, the rides could be helaciously long waits.

Is anyone going this weekend so they can give a review?
I'm going next weekend...I will definitely post my thoughts here

From what I've seen on the Howl-O-Scream group page on FB, it's all going very well.

They've also taken a note out of the HHN playbook and made a lot of HOS specific merch this year

I'm going next weekend...I will definitely post my thoughts here

From what I've seen on the Howl-O-Scream group page on FB, it's all going very well.

They've also taken a note out of the HHN playbook and made a lot of HOS specific merch this year
Same going next Sunday and still thinking about getting quick queue

So...did anyone make it this weekend?
I did. I went on Saturday and it went pretty well, although I never did any of the outdoor houses/trails because the lines were extremely long. The scarezones were pretty cool (if a little on the smaller side), but the best scarezone wasn't marked. There's a path in between Shiekra and Gwazi Park with...
Scare actors hiding in and dressed as bushes. You can't see them in the dark so I ended up jumping a few times. Funny how the best scarezone is the most simple one of them all.

Also, Hell on Wheels is located right in front of the Iron Gwazi entrance. The irony.

I thought it was terrible, total waste of money. If you have the means to go to Universal it's a no brainier to just stick to HHN even at the limited capacity this year.

The park guests were gross and would not wear masks or social distance. The scare zones were pretty uninspired in general but the people, my goodness, the people ruined it beyond any hope.

Some of the scares you can look forward to:
- Someone shaking a bush at you
- Someone starting a chainsaw and turn it off immediately (I think to save gas)
- Someone on a bicycle riding around in a big circle
- Someone with a big flash light occasionally flashing it at you

If you want the same experience for free stop at any of the gas stations around Busch Gardens after dark, or as it should be called, the People of Tampa scare zone.

As a resident of Brandon (near Tampa, for those unaware), that sounds like an accurate representation of the area around BG. :grin: Sorry to hear you had a bad time and spent money, it's a shame many guests weren't observing basic "mask decency." I was going to pass this year regardless, but hopefully things improve if your experience holds true.

I thought it was terrible, total waste of money. If you have the means to go to Universal it's a no brainier to just stick to HHN even at the limited capacity this year.

The park guests were gross and would not wear masks or social distance. The scare zones were pretty uninspired in general but the people, my goodness, the people ruined it beyond any hope.

If you want the same experience for free stop at any of the gas stations around Busch Gardens after dark, or as it should be called, the People of Tampa scare zone.
Yeah I heared about people not wearing there mask and its so interesting. In BG Williamsburg you can't even walk 3min without before someone would stop you to put your mask on. Its just funny how different it is

How were alcohol sales looking? Maintaining the party atmosphere at night was always a concern of mine that it would lead to a lot of people drinking and COVID guidelines would be ignored as a result.

How were the wait times for the rides?

I really enjoyed HOS this year.

If you've been around HOS a while you remember the years they used to do haunted trails. I really missed them and Junkyard/Shortcut reminded me of those

I really enjoyed the creative use of space with Lycan Landing and of course the nod at the old Icons at the entrance

Ride waits were not terrible.

There are a lot of nooks and crannys at Busch Gardens, it's just how the park is. There are a lot of places you could remove your mask or lower it and not get caught - and people did.

Needless to say mask compliance was not as strict as Universal. However, I did see a TON of security this year and people being told to put them back on.

Either way, I never felt unsafe, as usual, there are moments where you may become closer than six feet from a person, it just happens.

I'm hoping they keep the haunted trails and revive some of the houses next year.

Not sure if I should post this here but wth. Does anyone have any official names for the usual house locations?
Was thinking about putting together a Spec map for next year.

Not sure if I should post this here but wth. Does anyone have any official names for the usual house locations?
Was thinking about putting together a Spec map for next year.
I've always heard them referred to their respective areas they exist

For instance, The Residence = Timbuktu Warehouse
Insomnia = Akbar Showbuilding

etc

Also their wiki has much more info about each specific house