Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2021 (Busch Gardens Tampa)

The voodoo chants have died off, replaced by blood-curdling howls…and your screams. Dark magic has manifested into darker curses, as ravenous werewolves claw their way through the bayou on the hunt for human flesh. Beneath the midnight sky, the moonlight reveals glowing eyes, bloodstained teeth and an inescapable fate for all who enter the swamp

This is a surprise, and not the good kind

From Bay News 9:

Busch Gardens reveals 'Witch of the Woods' house for Howl-O-Scream

TAMPA, Fla. — Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has revealed another haunted house for its Howl-O-Scream event, which kicks off Sept. 10..

The “Witch of the Woods” house is one of three new original house set for this year’s event.

“Curiosity has brought many travelers into this dark forest, but only bone-chilling stories and dying screams make their way out,” Busch Gardens said in a description of the house. “With each step deeper into the woods, the prospect of survival quickly fades as demonic disciples hunt wandering intruders through their abandoned village.”

Witch of the Woods joins previously announced new houses “The Forgotten” and “Cell Block Zombies.”

Busch Gardens also revealed three new scare zones for Howl-O-Scream: Voodoo, where witch doctors practice dark magic; Skeleton Crew, where shipwrecked pirates seek to plunder the world of the living; and In the Shadows, where eerie legends and myths have gathered in the woods.

On Friday, for just 24 hours, Busch Gardens will offer discounts on Howl-O-Scream tickets.

Howl-O-Scream will run select nights Sept. 10 through Oct. 31.

For more information, visit howloscreamtampa.com.

Last edited:
Anyone have locations for the new houses yet?

Going off of pictures/vlogs and prior locations, it looks like

Death Water Bayou - Where it always is across from Cheetah Hunt
Cell Block Z - Building across from Serengeti Cafe in Egypt (Insomnia's location)
Witch in the Woods - Next to Animal Connections (where Circus of Superstition used to be)
The Residence - Same location in Pantopia next to Sand Serpent
The Forgotten - Old Tidal Wave Queue across from Sheikra (The Black Spot's location)

Going off of pictures/vlogs and prior locations, it looks like

Death Water Bayou - Where it always is across from Cheetah Hunt
Cell Block Z - Building across from Serengeti Cafe in Egypt (Insomnia's location)
Witch in the Woods - Next to Animal Connections (where Circus of Superstition used to be)
The Residence - Same location in Pantopia next to Sand Serpent
The Forgotten - Old Tidal Wave Queue across from Sheikra (The Black Spot's location)
I think this is pretty accurate

It would be interesting if they didn't use the old "Motel Hell" location...but it would also make sense if they just kept the Junkyard there

There cutting the Xcursions location this year hmm?

That sucks, since Junkyard went here last year for stay mean Motel Hell is gone for good?

Reactions from Opening Night at Howl-O-Scream Tampa 2021:

Positive Reactions:

• The Forgotten is a soon to be Howl-O-Scream classic
  • Witch of the Woods is “epic” and “overwhelmingly scary” due to it's length
  • Death Water Bayou: Blood Moon is funny and entertaining with the addition of Werewolves
  • Great mixed drinks
  • Scare Zones are great as usual
  • The new props outside of the Scare Zones are a welcomed addition
Mixed Reactions:
  • Fiends 2021 has some good moments, a beautiful stage, sometimes can be cringe, and sadly has bad seating if you are in the back
  • Cell Block Zombie is a zombie house, but there are still scares
Negative Reactions:
  • ?

Quick Ranking (writing a longer one)

- Forgotten - Absolutely loved the vibe of this house and it feels like classic Howl-O-Scream
- Witch of The Woods - Again, feels like classic HOS, and it used the woodsy area behind the old Panda exhibit
- Death Water Bayou - Yes, this house is old, yes it probably needs to go, but it still delivers the scares
- The Residence - I think this house needs some more time to really find its footing
- Cell Block Zombies - I loved the concept of splitting your party up into different rooms...only thing was, our part was split into a room with no scareactors. This one needs some work

Per the usual Scare Zones were phenomenal

Last edited:
My visit will likely be Saturday, so I expect longer waits than that; just wondering how long.

I definitely missed Fright Feast this year

The only reason is sometimes you can go through a house ALONE..which is great

That being said, they are committed to pulsing the line no matter how long the queues get

I would rather it be a 45 to 50 minute wait that results in my party being far away from the party in front of us than the opposite

So I went this past Saturday and had an overall unpleasant experience. Zones were very good, houses seemed to be missing many scareactors. The real problem was the insane amount of people. Good for BG to bring in such a massive crowd, but they didn't seem the least bit prepared.