Howl-O-Scream 2023 (BGT) | Inside Universal Forums

Howl-O-Scream 2023 (BGT)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While I'm praying that this is the long-anticipated replacement for Death Water Bayou, I'm also worried over the fact that the last Circus-themed house had similarly overstayed its welcome.

I just hope this year is better than last.

Stranglewood was the only thing passable in my opinion. Hope I’m surprised this year.

Reactions: n i c k
Seems like its going to be another rough year of staffing. Sundays in Sept have been cut and have heard that a few zones will be turning into photo op areas due to lack of staff.

Seems like its going to be another rough year of staffing. Sundays in Sept have been cut and have heard that a few zones will be turning into photo op areas due to lack of staff.
Do we know specifically the reasoning for the staffing shortage?

From returners I’ve heard lack of pay, and not enough help from SMs during guest incidents. They’ve started hiring at 16 now because of it
They don’t know it yet but hiring minors will blow up in their face.

I don’t know what the rules are in Tampa or if it’s a state thing, but where I live in FL, on a school night Minors can only work till 9:45. So pretty much they won’t have any of those minors very long on Thursday and Sunday nights.

After last years horrible staffing this just sounds really awful.

Reactions: Speed
They don’t know it yet but hiring minors will blow up in their face.

I don’t know what the rules are in Tampa or if it’s a state thing, but where I live in FL, on a school night Minors can only work till 9:45. So pretty much they won’t have any of those minors very long on Thursday and Sunday nights.

After last years horrible staffing this just sounds really awful.
Last year was the first year hiring minors (Also the first year they started looking for 500 SAs instead of 700) but yea it was very obvious that the cast started leaving around 10. The houses were down to 4-5 scare actors each on my later runs and you can tell they were running from boo hole to boo hole in the houses that allowed it. Auditions aren’t over yet but it’s looking closer to 300 this year :confused:

Reactions: Grabnar
Last year was the first year hiring minors (Also the first year they started looking for 500 SAs instead of 700) but yea it was very obvious that the cast started leaving around 10. The houses were down to 4-5 scare actors each on my later runs and you can tell they were running from boo hole to boo hole in the houses that allowed it. Auditions aren’t over yet but it’s looking closer to 300 this year :confused:
Holy hell that is really bad down grade.
Hope they can pull of a great magic trick and get a lot of Scareactors in.

Shows just how bad SeaWorld/Busch management is running their parks.

I tried Howl-O-Scream for the first time in I think 2012 and was really impressed with the quality of the event. Their mazes were as impressive as many of HHN's, and their actors were on-point. This sounds like such a sad, preventable decline.

Reactions: Tbad556

after reading the second tweet I thought, "god, did AI write this?"

so naturally, I asked ChatGPT to write ad copy for a Children of the Corn themed scare zone. the results are ... actually pretty good lmao.

Step into the Fields of Fear!

Calling all thrill-seekers and brave souls!

Prepare to be entwined in a spine-chilling adventure unlike any other as you venture into the eerie world of the Children of the Corn scare zone.

Beware the Whispering Winds: As you wander through the haunted cornfields, the rustling stalks seem to carry sinister secrets on the breeze. Listen closely, for the whispers of long-lost children may send shivers down your spine.

Face the Harvested Horrors: The sinister Children of the Corn lurk around every corner, their vacant stares and sinister smiles sending chills down your spine. Will you dare to make eye contact with these spectral harvesters?

Uncover the Dark Past: Immerse yourself in the gripping tale of a village lost to an ancient curse, where the cornfields hold secrets that refuse to stay buried. Will you uncover the truth, or become lost in their malevolent maze forever?

Dare to Escape the Maze: The towering cornstalks create an ominous labyrinth that challenges your courage at every turn. Can you navigate the maze and find your way out before the Children of the Corn close in?

Haunting Sights and Sounds: Immerse yourself in a world of darkness and dread as the twisted symphony of eerie music and haunting cries fills the air, sending shivers down your spine with every step.

Join us if you dare, as we invite you to experience the terror of the Children of the Corn scare zone. Uncover the chilling tale of lost souls who refuse to fade away. Will you escape their clutches, or become a part of the harvest?

Don't miss your chance to face your fears and step into the Fields of Fear this Halloween season! Only the bravest will survive the haunting horrors that await.