Howl-O-Scream 2023 (BGT) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Howl-O-Scream 2023 (BGT)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting that two of the Nairobi scare zones have been cut. Hopefully having one fewer than last year will allow them to beef up on staffing everywhere else.

Double post, but I guess Rock the Grave (their new headlining show) didn’t even make it to the halfway point of the event since it’s been removed from the map and website. Anyone know what’s up with that?

Double post, but I guess Rock the Grave (their new headlining show) didn’t even make it to the halfway point of the event since it’s been removed from the map and website. Anyone know what’s up with that?
Cut after the first weekend, very poor reception so they decided to just cut their losses

Cut after the first weekend, very poor reception so they decided to just cut their losses
Gee, if only they had a popular show that had been running for 20+ years. :D

That’s got to be a real sting to revenue. Anytime Fiends played in Gwazi field, it always drove up drink and snack sales at the nearby stands for people to enjoy during the show.

Reactions: Clive and Speed
Gee, if only they had a popular show that had been running for 20+ years. :D

That’s got to be a real sting to revenue. Anytime Fiends played in Gwazi field, it always drove up drink and snack sales at the nearby stands for people to enjoy during the show.
Yea never understood Fiends ending, but to end your new show a week in? Yikes. At least the Cirque show runs a little later I believe

Reactions: Clive
Yea never understood Fiends ending, but to end your new show a week in? Yikes. At least the Cirque show runs a little later I believe
That was a great call this year. Cirque is the type of show that is made for a Halloween event and it always drove me nuts that it didn’t play during the event proper. I missed it in 2021 and caught it last year. There were only 10 people in the audience because of the early start time that very few people knew about. Now it gets the packed house it deserves.

Went last year for the first time since 2017 and was surprised at how many scare zones there were and enjoyed all the houses since besides Death Water Bayou, everything was new. This year was over crowded and staffing was rough. They are still trying to pulse but it's groups of 20-30 and each house had what felt like 10 people in them. I think I might be taking a break from Tampa HoS for a while again because the crowds at all these events are at a breaking point and the quality vs opportunity coas to go over to Tampa from Orlando just isn't there right now for me. Was also super disappointed that half the zones from last year are just gone.