Howl-O-Scream 2023 (SWO) | Inside Universal Forums

Howl-O-Scream 2023 (SWO)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm curious if "the twins" (Frost & Flame) will be the icon focus for this year's event. They give off HOS Tampa 2008 "Raven Twins" vibes. If they are the icon(s), let's hope they're better used than the Raven Twins.

Blood Beckoning was a great house, but they really need to fix the operations this year. Absolutely no reason to just send one group at a time. There are better ways of pulsing than this.

SeaWorld Ops is just... mind-boggling stupid.

Visited Howl-O-Scream last year thinking it would maybe provide a break from the chaos of HHN crowds last year and even though there weren't more than 1000 people there, the experience felt really off-putting even though the houses/actors were great.

You could definitely tell the ops team didn't really care about getting people inside houses quickly. I understand why pulsing is a thing, but the actors were so great that you don't really need to do more than a 20-sec buffer.

Blood Beckoning was a great house, but they really need to fix the operations this year. Absolutely no reason to just send one group at a time. There are better ways of pulsing than this.
Blood Beckoning was the only house that I saw last year that had a real wait time and it took over a hour. Everything else was easy 5-15 minutes. No idea if I got unlucky or if something is up with this house.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Only thing I can think of is capacity limitations of that small building for fire code - restricting the number of people they can have in at one time and increasing group separation times. There must be a reason, it would be bizarre to run all houses in one way and then a single house in a much worse/different way with no reason.

Apparently I missed the news, but I just saw that Monster Stomp will be back again. If it's the exact same show that it was the past two years, then I have no qualms walking right past the theater this time.

...And the same goes for Nightmare Fuel at HHN...

Apparently I missed the news, but I just saw that Monster Stomp will be back again. If it's the exact same show that it was the past two years, then I have no qualms walking right past the theater this time.

I'll be blunt, I was as big a cheerleader as anyone for the event its first year, go back and look. But last year was the same event only with a little backsliding (and one new house clearly below the rest). Two years ago Monster Stomp was the best theme park show I'd ever seen but by year 3, not enough to make me renew my AP and get an HoS ticket.

Agree with Monster Stomp, disagree with Nightmare Fuel.

I don't know what all the excitement was for Monster Stomp... I only stayed through the show in case the ending was interesting. Only cool part was that the drum players with the knives or whatever and that could easily be its own street show instead of making us sit through a half hour snoozefest

New house revealed:

Unless they're doing a complete top-to-bottom overhaul of Beneath the Ice, calling it a new house might a stretch. Tampa does it quite a bit where they add a tag to the name and change up a few things, but ultimately, it's still the same house.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Unless they're doing a complete top-to-bottom overhaul of Beneath the Ice, calling it a new house might a stretch. Tampa does it quite a bit where they add a tag to the name and change up a few things, but ultimately, it's still the same house.
This is exactly what they did last year when they revamped the "hotel" house into a "cruise ship" house -- other than a new facade, was essentially the same (which felt like a hotel, nothing like a cruise ship).

If they had a truly new house I imagine they'd lead with it, so looking like essentially the same line-up.