Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream: Worth the Money?

Mar 1, 2013
Space Coast
Never been guys and like i said just recently moved back into the area but i have never been to HOS but have been to HHN plenty of times... is it worth the cost of the ticket, the drive, and the hotel stay,food etc...

already going to HHN just dont know if i add this to the list or not

Never been guys and like i said just recently moved back into the area but i have never been to HOS but have been to HHN plenty of times... is it worth the cost of the ticket, the drive, and the hotel stay,food etc...

already going to HHN just dont know if i add this to the list or not

Simply put... yes.

thanks guys for the info...just trying to budget myself...do they run the rollercoasters all night? and love pumpkin cheesecake :drool:

- - - Updated - - -

can you guys suggest anything for a person who has never gone before?

The coasters run all night, you can look through the threads and see all the plans of attack and ticket advise that has been already been given.
For someone who has never been you will have fun the houses are longer and the actors really like their job.

thanks guys for the info...just trying to budget myself...do they run the rollercoasters all night? and love pumpkin cheesecake :drool:

- - - Updated - - -

can you guys suggest anything for a person who has never gone before?

I would say...depending on the day you visit try to take it easy and enjoy a house then a ride then a house, etc...that's been my plan of attack since I started going in 2000 and it allows for the time to be used to the fullest...HOS is getting more popular, but the lines are still nowhere near HHN (accept Hell Week)..take it easy and enjoy everything...wait till dark to ride Cheetah Hunt and Montu just saying...

Also you must do fright feast the best value in the Haunt World. Also HOS starts letting guest in at 5 so you can actually get some day rides on the coasters. With Fright Feast you actually get a nice head start ahead of normal guest and you also get an Hour of Express access which gives you time to finish the houses. Then you can ride coasters or go do what houses you really liked again. Also Busch starts at 730 which let it get darker. Also Busch is a HUGE park and involves a lot of walking.

The comment about less nights is important to note. This year they actually have 4 LESS nights than last year, which means those weekends will be even more packed. I'd definitely consider doing at least the "Super Tour" option, which only costs $30 more than a discounted ticket and included as well as "front-of-the-line access to houses, drinks & more". Definitely try to go on a Thursday though if you want to avoid the biggest crowds.

Thanks guys for all the info..What is the fright feast?Why is it the best value. And are you guys talking about ticket options for HOS? Sorry guys just kind of confused. And when you say Super tour which i just read is that tour like a lights on tour?

Fright Feast is a dinner buffet (good food) and a show for under $30 (admission not included but required) that gets you and the other (FF)guests a 30 minute head start to the houses, after the show, and then one hour (7:30-8:30) of front of the line access. So I can do all of the houses in that hour and half...
The tours are available with entrance ticket and without and different levels with different perks.
The tours are not lights on, they are with a guided tours the gets you access to the houses, rides, and exclusive areas for drinks and smacks.

This will also be my first year going, after many years of wanting to go :cheers:

I have a BGT AP (combines with SW) and noticed there's no price difference on the VIP Tours for Pass Holders :( They're still priced very reasonably, but it's always good to save some $...

Also, I'm pretty sure I will only be able to go on a Saturday, seeing as I work Monday-Friday, and I live a 2-hour drive away. Which Saturday would you guys recommend?

This will also be my first year going, after many years of wanting to go :cheers:

I have a BGT AP (combines with SW) and noticed there's no price difference on the VIP Tours for Pass Holders :( They're still priced very reasonably, but it's always good to save some $...

Also, I'm pretty sure I will only be able to go on a Saturday, seeing as I work Monday-Friday, and I live a 2-hour drive away. Which Saturday would you guys recommend?

Did you log in for the pricing? I know I got a discount (a small one) when I bought my VIP tour.

So October 5th? Even more so than September 28? Or is that busier, being opening weekend?

Opening weekend Platinum pass holders get in for free so that tends to add to the crowds, I only go that weekend because its free, and they only do three nights a week so weekends tend to get crowded.
Now I admit I am jaded, going twice a year, and I won't wait any more than 15 minutes for a house because I have already done them or I know they will be back next year. So when I look at the lines they are way longer than I want to wait but honestly don't know how long they are.

ok thanks guys for bearing with me im understanding now...and tiredoldspook idk was thinking first october is that the slowest time? so let me get this right you guys suggest a fright feast ticket..which i need a regular ticket as well? and what about any of the tours any of those worth it? with so may options i just have no clue

Felipe sense were newbies we should meet up!!! do you guys do a meet up for HOS?