Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ice! at Gaylord Palms - 2013

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
From November 23, 2013 – January 5, 2014, Guests will be able to visit the Gaylord Palms to check out Ice! feature Frosty the Snowman.

More than two million pounds of hand-carved ice sculptures featuring DreamWorks Classics Frosty the Snowman, sponsored by Pepsi, including four ICE! slides.

The award-winning ICE! attraction is carved by a team of 40 artisans from Harbin, China. The talented artisans spend more than a month in Kissimmee/Orlando creating this one-of-a-kind attraction. Harbin is best known for its annual International Ice and Snow Festival, where more than 2,000 sculptors annually carve a 100-acre walk-through ice park, using ice from the nearby Songhua River.

NEW in 2013, you'll enjoy a bonus area featuring "Artisans in Action" – a LIVE ice carving zone! Take a fun journey through the Frostbite Factory and watch a masterful ice carver from Harbin, China up close as he creates amazing sculptures before your eyes.

Additionally, Christmas at Gaylord Palms will provide dozens of lavish holiday displays with more than two million twinkling lights, an amazing 54-foot-tall Christmas tree, and exclusive holiday events and attractions for you and your entire family.

Online & Advance Sales
Adults (ages 13+): $28.99*; Seniors (ages 55+): $26.99*; Children (ages 4-12): $14.99*

Box Office

Adults (ages 13+): $29.99*; Seniors (ages 55+): $28.99*; Children (ages 4-12): $16.99*; Child (ages 3 and under): Free

Group Pricing (10+)

Adults (ages 13+): $23.99*; Seniors (ages 55+) $20.99*; Children (ages 4-12): $9.99*

Florida Resident Rates for ICE! Tickets

Adults: starting at only $24.99**; Children: starting at only $10.99**

*Subject to sales tax and handling fee. Not retroactive or combinable with other offers.

**Must present proof of Florida residency.

Ive really wanted to check this out in the past, and it looks really neat but just cant justify paying that much to go see this. Has anyone checked this out and you think its worth it?

Ive really wanted to check this out in the past, and it looks really neat but just cant justify paying that much to go see this. Has anyone checked this out and you think its worth it?

I did when the theme was "Twas the Night Before Xmas". I thought it was great since it offered a different experience and the sculptures were stunning. There are photos somewhere around these parts. :lol:

I did when the theme was "Twas the Night Before Xmas". I thought it was great since it offered a different experience and the sculptures were stunning. There are photos somewhere around these parts. :lol:

If I do decide to check it out i need to do it before the kids turn 4 and really costs me a bunch to see :lol:

^^^^ That is what I was thinking too, need to try it now when my LO is free. I also have been meaning to check this out, but the price always scares me away - lol

I'm on the same boat as everyone else :lol: I've been wanting to check this out for the past few years, but never got a chance, or made the effort to get out there, really. A friend of mine did it a few years ago and she sent me a picture together with a Christmas card. I know they give you parkas and they also have a little ice slide. I've also heard the Gaylord Palms is stunning, so I've always wanted to check it out, too. Maybe this year? :shrug:

Considering doing the Polar Bear Plunge this year. Saw some videos on Youtube last year and it looked pretty cool... literally!