What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ice Breaker (SWO)

Some folks have ridden and say very good things about it

Here's one example

One thing I think we're underestimating on this thing is the surprising air time it will deliver

TM Previews for this ride happened back in March. I have a friend who has been on it about 10 times and says it's a lot better than he was expecting (he went in with low expectations), but did specifically single out the air time being the best part of the ride.

Some folks have ridden and say very good things about it

Here's one example

One thing I think we're underestimating on this thing is the surprising air time it will deliver

Keep in mind he's the social media person. What else could he say-- it was meh? Maybe the next one will be better? Tampa and Williamsburg got the better coasters?

It's always his job to hype whatever the park is promoting. I have little doubt it will be a fun.

I’ve heard from TMs after previews in the spring not to underestimate this one. They were impressed by the thrill level, given how it looks.

Tigris is intense for what it is as well - maybe that’s a little less under the radar with that heart line roll 150 feet in the air.

I’m expecting this to be my second favorite ride in the park and bonus points for pulling people outside the Sesame Street target audience toward that side of the park.

Keep in mind he's the social media person. What else could he say-- it was meh? Maybe the next one will be better? Tampa and Williamsburg got the better coasters?

It's always his job to hype whatever the park is promoting. I have little doubt it will be a fun.
K

I'm not the biggest fan of the skyrocket models, so I was always very happy with the unique layout. That said, those trains are insanely uncomfortable, and I hope they will be quick to follow it up with something else.

I'm not the biggest fan of the skyrocket models, so I was always very happy with the unique layout. That said, those trains are insanely uncomfortable, and I hope they will be quick to follow it up with something else.
Not just insanely uncomfortable, but they also have the audacity to call the overhead bit a “comfort” collar.

Just got to ride as part of the passholder preview and it was really fun! I was surprised at how efficient it was with load and unload taking pretty much exactly the ride cycle time so one train load/unload while the other runs the course. Should be pretty good throughput.

For the passholder preview they're letting you ride as many times as you want even though the tickets say one ride/one photo/one snack. Photo and snack were strict but they were encouraging multiple rides.

This coaster fits perfectly into SWO’s lineup, but also makes me really question why Penguin is what’s coming next. Project Penguin appears to just be a slightly more intense Ice Breaker with fewer launches, less airtime. I feel like another more family coaster, perhaps alongs the lines of a nice wooden coaster would be better suited to the park.

One aspect I like about this is that you slide out onto the main track from the station. It's simple but it's perfect at building anticipation at the start of the ride and is different than how you'd normally start a roller coaster (either the slow climb on a lift hill or straight into a launch).

This coaster fits perfectly into SWO’s lineup, but also makes me really question why Penguin is what’s coming next. Project Penguin appears to just be a slightly more intense Ice Breaker with fewer launches, less airtime. I feel like another more family coaster, perhaps alongs the lines of a nice wooden coaster would be better suited to the park.
Yeah, Ice Breaker with two inversions and less ejector

I feel like it will ride like a the second half of Mako, but with inversions