Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ice Breaker (SWO)

I had a chance to ride it - so while it fills a gap in SW's lineup, it's not quite the sleeper that I thought it could be.

The launches don't have much pop to them - feels a lot like getting pushed on a swing. The top hat and beyond is solid, but it takes over half the ride time to get to that. I've never been on a coaster with pacing problems like a show, but that's the best way I can think of describing it.

Alas, it's something else to do when the park is 25% full and you don't feel like getting beat up by Kraken.

Last edited:
I was a little underwhelmed by this. It's a fun little ride that is a needed addition to the park but I was expecting this to be an exciting deconstructed skyrocket but I prefer the skyrockets still to this. After the tophat there's just not enough forces and it kinda just meanders. I do like the airtime from the spike and the pops from the double-up/downs and the tophat is good. I also forgot how bad these trains are to get in and out of.

Height requirement has been changed from 48 inches to 54 inches.

This was clearly built up as the park's family thrill coaster, and that height requirement change just messes it up completely. Can't really tout this as a family thrill coaster when it's the same height requirement as all the current B&M's in the park.

If they had to raise the height requirement due to the ride being more intense than expected, then that's a big OOOF right there. One of the rare times where a coaster being more intense than expected is a detriment since a family thrill coaster would've helped balance the park more.

This was clearly built up as the park's family thrill coaster, and that height requirement change just messes it up completely. Can't really tout this as a family thrill coaster when it's the same height requirement as all the current B&M's in the park.

If they had to raise the height requirement due to the ride being more intense than expected, then that's a big OOOF right there. One of the rare times where a coaster being more intense than expected is a detriment since a family thrill coaster would've helped balance the park more.
And yet, riding it, it seemed less intense than I was expecting. Was hoping to take my niece on it as an in between coaster for her. Gonna have to wait longer now I guess.

Ice Breaker isn't even that intense, save for the airtime hill directly before clearing the top hat. This is so stupid. How does Iron Gwazi, the most insane coaster I've ever ridden, have a lower height requirement than this??

Height requirements are set by the manufacturer. The Sky Rockets (Tigris, Electric Eel, Tempesto) all have 54" height requirements with the same restraints-- Premier must have found the need to raise the requirement for Ice Breaker.

Height requirements are set by the manufacturer. The Sky Rockets (Tigris, Electric Eel, Tempesto) all have 54" height requirements with the same restraints-- Premier must have found the need to raise the requirement for Ice Breaker.
Once I saw that Tigris is 54”, I realized it probably has more to do with the vehicle than the level of thrill. Iron Gwazi has a seat belt and lap bar - also Velocicoaster is 51 inches and much wilder IMO than Ice Breaker.

Wouldn’t be shocked if it was a fail on SeaWorld‘s side just not paying attention to documentation of what the height requirement needed to be.

This is very interesting. During the grand opening event the height limits for this ride was one of the main talking points. What changed in 12 hours? It could be ride manufacture but they had to be aware of what was the posted height limited days ago.
I am going with a call from SeaWorld’s insurance company and a discussion of insurance rates if the ride limit stayed lower.

Once I saw that Tigris is 54”, I realized it probably has more to do with the vehicle than the level of thrill. Iron Gwazi has a seat belt and lap bar - also Velocicoaster is 51 inches and much wilder IMO than Ice Breaker.

Wouldn’t be shocked if it was a fail on SeaWorld‘s side just not paying attention to documentation of what the height requirement needed to be.

As for the Sky Rocket at SFDK and Sky Rocket at Kennywood (both without comfort collars), both of them have a 52" height requirement. Either way, I agree this feels more like an error on SW's part for picking the wrong manufacture/ride for a family thrill coaster.

Hagrid's turned out more intense than they had anticipated. They didn't change the height requirement. But they did back off the family coaster marketing.

Hagrid's turned out more intense than they had anticipated. They didn't change the height requirement. But they did back off the family coaster marketing.

Hagrid still fits the bill as a family thrill coaster, especially since its height requirement is lower than the likes of VC and Hulk. IB on the other hand, it's now the same as the main thrill coasters of SW, utterly defeating its purpose.

Here's a question, could it be possible that SEA gets Premier to change the trains from comfort to strictly Lap Bar? Zombie and Phobia Phear have lapbar exclusive, I have to wonder if it's possible they could switch it out (or if it's require new trains altogether).

Feels a bit scummy to have the change be unannounced, when the park had actively marketed the ride as something as an in-between. I guess JTA will have to do that for now.

Here's a question, could it be possible that SEA gets Premier to change the trains from comfort to strictly Lap Bar? Zombie and Phobia Phear have lapbar exclusive, I have to wonder if it's possible they could switch it out (or if it's require new trains altogether).

Feels a bit scummy to have the change be unannounced, when the park had actively marketed the ride as something as an in-between. I guess JTA will have to do that for now.

Considering the whole Comfort Collar thing started in a SEAS park with Tempesto at BGW, I don't see them requesting the lapbar only trains when the only trains they've gotten are the Comfort Collar ones.

This is very interesting. During the grand opening event the height limits for this ride was one of the main talking points. What changed in 12 hours? It could be ride manufacture but they had to be aware of what was the posted height limited days ago.
I am going with a call from SeaWorld’s insurance company and a discussion of insurance rates if the ride limit stayed lower.

Something must have happened with a guest between 42 and 54 inches.