ICON Park | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

ICON Park

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the Restraint-to-seat seatbelt is the "fix". That guarantees the gap isn't too big, and, even if the OTSR becomes unlocked, it would have to break the seat belt for someone to fall out. And since, in that configuration, the forces wouldn't be directly on the belt, it would take an extreme amount of force to break it. Also, if this ride ever reopens, I'm guessing the tilt out would be removed from the cycle as well.

I think the Restraint-to-seat seatbelt is the "fix". That guarantees the gap isn't too big, and, even if the OTSR becomes unlocked, it would have to break the seat belt for someone to fall out. And since, in that configuration, the forces wouldn't be directly on the belt, it would take an extreme amount of force to break it. Also, if this ride ever reopens, I'm guessing the tilt out would be removed from the cycle as well.
Good til that last bit

Once the OTR is locked, it requires hundreds of pounds of pressure to unlock. The locked position is the default position. The chances of it opening up by accident are as close to zero as you can get. (On suspended coasters, you can see the bar the comes down and presses down to unlock the OTR).

That would be very nervewracking. On Diamondback at Kings Island, I always have a small irrational fear of the lapbar releasing and me flying off when the coaster crested one of the airtime hills.
And then when the train was back at the station and I told someone they were, oh, ok lol.
I hear you, I often have the irrational fear on something like Mako that I will just fly out, I have had dreams like that too, luckily in those dreams I end up being able to fly.

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog and n i c k
Last edited:
Definitely seems like the owner and or management did this to create an accessible seat. I expect them to get charged.

I can’t see any of the actual ride ops being to blame, and I hope those workers have been given counselling.

Oof. For their sake, I hope they have documentation from the manufacturer or an engineer saying they could adjust that sensor.

Assuming there isn't though, whoever did that is possibly looking at criminal charges. Not sure if it's a maintenance guy who made the decision to add some "big boy seats" or if it was a manager/executive who told maintenance to do it. Either way, whoever made the decision to do it is in deep trouble here.

To absolutely no surprise, ICON has announced they've paused the new experience. However, as you can see, the PR they've put out is as tone-deaf as the initial idea.

To them, the conflict comes from the shooting device, which they claim there's many other attractions that use similar devices. Thing is, the issue is not the device. The issue is the whole concept of being up high and looking through a sniper scope to find targets that happen to have regular folks in view who aren't playing the experience, this is something that no other shooting attraction does for many obvious reasons.

Last edited:
To absolutely no surprise, ICON has announced they've paused the new experience. However, as you can see, the PR they've put out is as tone-deaf as the initial idea.

To them, the conflict comes from the shooting device, which they claim there's many other attractions that use similar devices. Thing is, the issue is not the device. The issue is the whole concept of being up high and looking through a sniper scope to find targets that happen to have regular folks in view who aren't playing the experience, this is something that no other shooting attraction does for many obvious reasons.

In theory this would make a good idea, but in a day and age of frequent shootings, and shortly after a sniper killed people at a Pride Parade ... and yes, very good point, this really is quite different from say MIB. Flabbergasting how people who came up with this makes and probably make a lot of money, could not see this is maybe not a good idea.

Reactions: MrRoamer