Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

ICON Park

So now there's a Splitsville competitor (bowling alley) on the long list of venues coming to I-Drive Live. Not to mention a bunch of generic chain restaurants......

From Orlando Business Journal

Unicorp inks Red Robin, King's Bowl, other deals to I-Drive projects

Unicorp National Developments Inc. is kicking into high gear on its mixed-use projects along International Drive — complete with a new Red Robin restaurant and a bowling alley concept that would debut its fourth location nationwide.

The Orlando-based developer, which on Oct. 22 announced it sold six of its existing retail centers for $263 million, did so to focus on its new developments.

Among Unicorp’s new developments: I-Shops, the $100 million renovation/expansion/redevelopment of the 1,054-room Wyndham Orlando Resort, along with the $200 million I-Drive Live, which is anchored by the 425-foot Orlando Eye observation wheel and Merlin Entertainments Group Ltd.’s Madame Tussauds wax museum and Sea Life Aquarium.

Unicorp principal Chuck Whittall announced at a gathering of Commercial Real Estate Women last week that his firm has signed several tenants for both projects. Among those are gourmet burger eatery Red Robin, Cooper’s Hawk Winery, Chuy’s Tex-Mex restaurant, Outback Steakhouse, Carrabba’s Italian Grill, Buffalo Wild Wings plus a new concept called Seafood Republic, created by Orlando restaurateur Bobby Moore.

Moore, who previously brought Race Rock Restaurant and Beluga restaurant into Central Florida, also created Big Fin Seafood Kitchen at Dellagio, the 130,000-square-foot mixed-use development which was part of the sale announced by Unicorp on Oct. 22.

Additionally, the firm signed King's Bowl, a bowling-dining-entertainment complex, to 28,000 square feet of space at the former Gooding’s Supermarket, which is now part of the I-Drive Live project.

Unicorp also is in talks with several other nationally recognized retailers, including LongHorn Steakhouse, BJ’s Restaurant and Brew House, Starbucks and Wawa.

Orlando Theme Park News (via WDWMagic) posted some new renderings of the future entertainment complex......

jLNfZXyDTAU5Z.jpg

jbyppwd7rLuiY8.jpg

j47RPf9zUniGr.jpg

jbj0lZMOvdhMJO.jpg

Yeah, I think the flag is there to sell the idea to the city. I think it is a disgusting abuse and display of the flag. God forbid they should put up a pole with a real flag (and not one of those super oversized things you see at auto malls).

Yeah, I think the flag is there to sell the idea to the city. I think it is a disgusting abuse and display of the flag. God forbid they should put up a pole with a real flag (and not one of those super oversized things you see at auto malls).

Plenty of space to put up a real one too. It's a shame.

Wait a second...I just noticed in that list of tenants that Buffalo Wild Wings was included. Wonder if the current one just a few blocks away will be moving to that location? I may have to be a little inquisitive when I'm there for the OSU/Michigan game in a few weeks...

Also, Red Robin a little closer than the mall up on Colonial Drive! I do love me some Red Robin.

Madame Tussauds Survey

Welcome to the Madame Tussauds Survey!

World famous celebrity wax attraction Madame Tussauds is looking at the possibility of opening a number of exciting new attractions around the world including possibly in the centre of Orlando, and we need you to help us!

All our new attractions are different from one another – their design, and most particularly the figures we include reflect the location they are in. The only thing which is the same is the outstanding quality of the amazingly lifelike figures which reflects our 200 year old history and expertise.

In fact Madame Tussauds is the only place that gets you up close and personal with your favorite sports stars, A-listers, TV characters, action heroes, as well as local movers and shakers - past and present.

So, if we were coming to Orlando who would you want to see immortalized in wax, who deserves to be included - who, in your opinion are the best known faces in Orlando, the USA and the world?

To help you make your choices, here are a few of the most popular features which you will find in Madame Tussauds’ around the world. If you're one of the first 400 respondents you will receive two tickets to a Merlin attraction!!

Sadly no one wants to put up with the upkeep and required standards for the American Flag. I would love it though. We could use some more of them in general.

I like the subtle dig at DTD in the one slide--perhaps not that subtle if we heard the commentary. After pointing out Orlando convention-goers are looking for (presumably adult) restaurants and nightlife, it shows DQ, T Rex and RFC. In other words, DTD can keep the kids, we'll pull the grown-ups.

Opening 2013. I don't think so.

From 11/23 . . .

I-DriveLive-001.jpg

I-DriveLive-002.jpg

I-DriveLive-003.jpg

I-DriveLive-004.jpg

I-DriveLive-005.jpg

I-DriveLive-006.jpg

I-DriveLive-007.jpg

I-DriveLive-008.jpg

I-DriveLive-009.jpg

The only real work that has been done is to fill and level a small portion of the parcel complete with stub-ups.

Is pretty close to where Dave and Busters is but across the street. Used to go to the Butcher Shop there for some good steaks but that was years and years ago