ICON Park | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

ICON Park

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm sensing a project that just never happens...

I'm honestly not that interested in most of what's planned for here... :shrug:
But that aside, it will really suck for the Kings bowling alley if they open, and the rest that is supposed to open around them never does...

It seems strange if they don't go ahead, considering Merlin have a tendency to grow very aggressively. They would love to get more money out of Florida knowing them. Although I don't think a single one of their projects in the UK is opening on time, so maybe management have too much on their plates to start a new project?

Ultimate Orlando posted a King's Bowl interior construction update....

ibsnirVuLjcdXX.JPG

iivaGMt4J7fEu.JPG

ibjApj2x98okP8.JPG

iWU5WS9H2GTRy.JPG

iN0avn23MqsRt.JPG

ibEhvG1QZhpY8.JPG

They also posted some facts about the venue....

• Pricing will be by game, not by hour for the lanes
  • The lanes are regulation, and the "approach" is regulation (it felt much longer than Splitsville's approach!)
  • Pricing for Bud and Yuengling will be as low as $4/drink on tap
  • Entrees top out around $22 for the ribeye steak; most will be in the teens range
  • There is a Florida resident discount - they want to cater to locals
  • The covered bocce court will be a pretty unique feature (apparently Winter Park has one or two, but I've never seen them).

Reactions: Felipe
Glad to hear they are interested in local business!

Thanks for the update BJCool! :thumbs:

I'll probably choose to go here (over Splitsville) if I'm ever going bowling around Orlando. A tad closer to me, plus gotta support the businesses that are nice to us locals :smiley:

I'm glad to hear they'll do a resident discount, but with a few less lanes I'm still not sure I want to drive up to that area of I-Drive when I can be at DTD in half the time, or less.

I did think the approach at Splitsville was short, it took me a few frames to adjust my steps, I was really only taking two whereas I usually take three or four on a regulation length approach. Another "bowler" nitpick was the lack of guide arrows at the far end of the lane at Splitsville. Drove me nuts that I finally started getting back into my swing as our time ran out at Splitsville, I was on a four strike streak in the 8th frame! :lol:

Now I just need to save up some change for my own ball again.

ThemeParkReview has a preview of Kings Orlando Bowling.
The place looks great and the food and drinks: :drool:

Thanks for posting! Definitely looks like an awesome place to hang out either after the parks or mid-day alternative to just relaxing at the hotel pool.

I am curious how construction so close to it will affect business.

It's really great to see this project finally under construction. International Drive will be completely transformed when Merlin puts it's special touch on it. I don't think the renderings are doing this project any justice -- this is going to be an enormous investment in the I-Drive corridor and will span a ton of growth in the vicinity.

Reading that TPR review, the one thing that stuck out to me was a comment on it being 21+ after 6PM at Kings. Seems a bit early to change over to 21+ imo. Gotta wonder how long that'll last.