Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ihu's Breakaway Falls Coming 2014

It seems to make since since water country USA open a pair a couple years ago. I think they are quite fun to be honest...but I couldnt muster up the courage to take a second spin on it! hahahaha...

Went to Aquatica yesterday morning and it seems work on the new slide will commence soon (if it has not already). The gravel lot for employee parking has a sign that it is closed for employees as it is is now being used for the construction company, there was a also a sign for the company, which is DPR construction. I could not see much in the gravel lot, there was a huge container there, but I did see a section of slide lying there, it was an enclosed tube, so most likely the slide will be the proslide superloop (http://www.proslide.com/ride/superloop/). I also noticed that there were construction walls around the area to the right of the wave pools, so the area between the wave pools and the playground for little kids (Kata’s Kookaburra Cove), I know there is a building there they use for first aid and some cabanas, so perhaps part of that will be sacrificed for the new slide. Opening date should be spring 2014.

Went to Aquatica yesterday morning and it seems work on the new slide will commence soon (if it has not already). The gravel lot for employee parking has a sign that it is closed for employees as it is is now being used for the construction company, there was a also a sign for the company, which is DPR construction. I could not see much in the gravel lot, there was a huge container there, but I did see a section of slide lying there, it was an enclosed tube, so most likely the slide will be the proslide superloop (http://www.proslide.com/ride/superloop/). I also noticed that there were construction walls around the area to the right of the wave pools, so the area between the wave pools and the playground for little kids (Kata’s Kookaburra Cove), I know there is a building there they use for first aid and some cabanas, so perhaps part of that will be sacrificed for the new slide. Opening date should be spring 2014.

While this slide will be a good addition, I was really hoping for a new family attraction or multi-person attraction.

Did they ever announce this thing officially with stats and info? Got to be the worst media campaign or strategy I've ever seen from SW or BG.

While this slide will be a good addition, I was really hoping for a new family attraction or multi-person attraction.

Not sure really, I mean most of there slides are quite tame ...
I still wonder what happened with the plans that were once posted on Screamscape, so perhaps this slide is just a quick expansion so that they can take their time with a bigger expansion ...

- - - Updated - - -

New trap door slide, dropping guests faster than bands brew and bbq musical acts :pound:

Hahaha ... love it!

- - - Updated - - -

Did they ever announce this thing officially with stats and info? Got to be the worst media campaign or strategy I've ever seen from SW or BG.

Nope, all they told us is the name and they gave us two video teasers that are almost identical, in the first we find out that there will be a trapdoor, in the second that there will be more than one trapdoor. So I agree, media campaign is horrible ...

Official opening date is set for May 9th: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...tica-slide-opens-may-9-20140221,0,614154.post

If I understand correctly the slide is really only 80ft, I think the 105ft is for the entire structure. Still I think it will be great, a 40ft near vertical drop and then some twists and turns around the tower structure. So probaly more than just a standard proslide superloop, as it seems it might have been custom designed.

Last edited:
OK, so I am thinking the waiting to be dropped is going to the hardest for me. Not for fear of the drop, but fear of being a tube. Seriously, my claustrophobia might kick inn. I am OK when I am moving, like going down a tube slide, but to just be waiting there.... should be interesting. Sounds like fun though. I think since it is clear, I might be ok.

I have a fear of "unsafe" heights, rollercoasters other theme park rides don't bother me because I'm strapped in but water sliders I sometimes draw a line with, I chickened out of bomb bay and will most likely summit plummit. But I think I'll give this a go as it's a full tube, just freaks me out with half the tube slides.

I have a fear of "unsafe" heights, rollercoasters other theme park rides don't bother me because I'm strapped in but water sliders I sometimes draw a line with, I chickened out of bomb bay and will most likely summit plummit. But I think I'll give this a go as it's a full tube, just freaks me out with half the tube slides.

I am exactly the same and get nervous anytime I have a seat belt (minus Popeye), full row restraint, or less. I'm pretty thin, so the full row restraints are more or less a waste for me, and I just T-Rex my arms up against them.

OK, so I am thinking the waiting to be dropped is going to the hardest for me. Not for fear of the drop, but fear of being a tube. Seriously, my claustrophobia might kick inn. I am OK when I am moving, like going down a tube slide, but to just be waiting there.... should be interesting. Sounds like fun though. I think since it is clear, I might be ok.

There will be four slides all together, three with dropboxes and one regular one. Also, all four slides will be unique in layout and intensity.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks :thumbs:...wow, huge 4 foot lead Aquatic has on the competition :lol:

Lol ... I know, first they tease us with the 105ft and then we find out it is only 80 ft and that nothing taller means by four feet :)
Still, it is steeper than bomb bay, Ihu's drop will be at 80 degrees, whereas bomb bay is only 70 degrees. I think the sudden turns will be cool as well.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...tica-water-slide-roof-20140327,0,2892565.post

Picture included with the article in Sentinel:
960x1428

Ihu's Breakaway Falls is amazing! It is like a combination of Wet 'n Wild's Bombay and Storm; an awesomely intense ride.
WESH was there yesterday and they interviewed my daughter, so the experience of the first ride was super special!
http://www.wesh.com/orlandomyway/orlando-theme-parks/ihus-breakaway-falls-opening-at-seaworld-aquatica/25862556

The ride also feels longer than a regular slide, just when you think you will enter the run-off, you go through another turn.
Though the orange is the longest drop, the blue one is the most intense, really makes you feel it during the turns.
The purple non drop slide is also every bit as intense!

Last edited: