Illuminations: Reflections of Earth | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Illuminations: Reflections of Earth

FGCUSabre

Veteran Member
Feb 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Florida
I can't beleive this does not have its own thread - but I found a small tidbit of info.

The globe is scheduled to be removed from the show for a major refurbishment this summer for an unknown amount of time.

The show was tested without the globe on February 27.

I wonder if any other improvements and changes might happen during this rehab.

FGCUSabre

Veteran Member
Feb 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Florida

The globe is on a barge. At night it lights up, it has a bunch of LED's on it to make a globe. It even has images on it kinda like aTV. It opens up - like a flower - then it has fireworks and stuff come out from it.

Last edited:

The_Bled

Veteran Member
Mar 26, 2008
NEST

The globe is on a barge. At night it lights up, it has a bunch of LED's on it to make a globe. It even has images on it kinda like aTV. It opens up - like a flower - then it has fireworks and stuff come out from it.
Looks cool. I've Never seen a fireworks show that looks that cool....except at MK.

DisneyFanKevin

Veteran Member
Feb 1, 2008
Sanford, FL
I love the globe effect. It makes IllumiNations stand out over the other 2 firework shows. I really can't say that, though. I haven't experienced Fantasmic! yet.

d a n n y

Veteran Member
Feb 1, 2008
Bronx,NY
I love the globe effect. It makes IllumiNations stand out over the other 2 firework shows. I really can't say that, though. I haven't experienced Fantasmic! yet.
:yikes: . That's such a great show, would be my favorite if there were more pyro. You live there and haven't experienced much.

kirby_is_kyaan

Veteran Member
Feb 1, 2008
South FL
I'd have to say, just judging from videos this looks like the best of the nighttime specatcular. Plus, I really love the music-is it available on the Epcot CD you can get in the parks?

snoman

Veteran Member
Feb 15, 2008
Deltona, Florida
They have a holiday version? I only thought they had the one IllumiNations.
Yeah, they do the regular Illuminations show and then the announcer guys says, and now a special holiday something or other. They play the "let there be peace on Earth" song and practically do another whole fireworks show. It was really good finale and quite moving. :'(

kirby_is_kyaan

Veteran Member
Feb 1, 2008
South FL
I have a video of the 25th anniversary addition somewhere on my computer.... I will give a link of where to download when I get the chance.

kirby_is_kyaan

Veteran Member
Feb 1, 2008
South FL
Yes I have, and I wouldn't mind! I love RofE but I think it needs to be updated and changed alittle...
I think if they change it a little as you say, then it would be all right. While I haven't seen it in person in many years (if at all), videos I've seen have put it as my favorite nighttime spectacular in Disney. Work on the globe a bit, add some neat fireworks... Just don't make vast changes, unless they're for the better.... WAY better.