Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
About a 1 mile and a 1/2 and depending on traffic noise we can hear the parades and concerts, not clear but we can hear the activity at the parks. Sad to say but I used the sound of the hulk to know when a storm would be close enough to pull the kids out of the pool. If the hulk would stop running as the skies would become dark,we knew it was time to get out.

You sir, have won life. :hail:

Saw it running a couple of times today before the rain started. It's definitely a lot quieter, like others have said must be for the on ride audio. The cars look very nice though! You can also see the queue area if you ride dooms fear fall and get the right view, doesn't look anywhere near close to being done, lots of dirt everywhere and digging machines and stuff.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Saw it running a couple of times today before the rain started. It's definitely a lot quieter, like others have said must be for the on ride audio. The cars look very nice though! You can also see the queue area if you ride dooms fear fall and get the right view, doesn't look anywhere near close to being done, lots of dirt everywhere and digging machines and stuff.

You must mean the outdoors queue?

Hulk was cycling today during Gradventure after the rain stopped. I was on the bridge underneath when it launched, and it is almost completely silent besides an extremely smooth "whooshing" noise. The train was fully filled with dummies.

I watched it go about 4 times, and in my opinion it seemed to be going slightly different speeds each time, mostly noticeable as it went through the cobra roll. I know this was most likely just my mind playing tricks on me, but it would be interesting to think that they could be adjusting the launch speeds and testing the forces on the trains. Also, that blue net needs to go.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I don't know if they made extra parts, or if they have a train in pieces - but old Hulk used to hang out in pieces behind Potter. Now new Hulk is in chunks there too.

It does look like it takes the first few inversions a little faster than before. My guess is that it isn't losing as much speed from any wheel shuffling like it would have before, in addition to maybe adding a mph or two on the launch.

I'm sure they're testing the tunnel launch speeds to see how they can get the maximum thrill with g-forces but not too thrilling to cause sickness, etc. They have a lot of new data points they have to work with on that, especially if they changed the type of launch system.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Re: Roar

The problem with the prior implementation was that the sound would come from the track/train, so when it's up in the air it'd broadcast the sound all around the resort and community. A similar loudness could be replicated inside the park using off ride speakers closer to the ground. It would be quieter outside of the park and could also be reduced/increased as necessary.

Re: Roar

The problem with the prior implementation was that the sound would come from the track/train, so when it's up in the air it'd broadcast the sound all around the resort and community. A similar loudness could be replicated inside the park using off ride speakers closer to the ground. It would be quieter outside of the park and could also be reduced/increased as necessary.

The benefit would also be that the speakers could be lowered or turned off at night time.

It's certainly possible. The coaster is definitely moving faster. I wouldn't be so sure they it's only for testing and the actual coaster car is weightless as well

When they're testing the coaster like this with water dummies, what's the weight per dummy? I'd imagine it's going to be the maximum weight to ensure every weight possibility is accounted for and that may lead to faster trains.

When they're testing the coaster like this with water dummies, what's the weight per dummy? I'd imagine it's going to be the maximum weight to ensure every weight possibility is accounted for and that may lead to faster trains.
It depends if it's Disney or Universal. Universal dummies are slim & light to reflect their customers' size. Disney's are very large and heavy, once again to represent their customer base. ;)