Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guess/think that a lot of the structures in the queue will be staying, but will probably be reskinned/repainted/rethemed

So this might have been answered/dumb question, but what do you gain from replacing the track? Just a better riding experience? Could the track be that worn down?

So this might have been answered/dumb question, but what do you gain from replacing the track? Just a better riding experience? Could the track be that worn down?

I have no idea what the life expectancy of a steel coaster is but I doubt they're replacing it cause its "worn down." I mean take Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom for example its had loads of work done but not a complete retracking to my knowledge and its almost 3 decades older.. I mean is the track even being replaced? Is there a different angle we should all be looking at here? Where is the track they've taken down? So many things to consider here. Fun times for all ahead...

Heavier trains require beefier track. What would make a train heavier? 32 sub woofers and 64 other speakers and the electronics to work them all.

And possibly a lighting package.

Can you imagine trying to launch such a beast up an incline into a zero-g roll?

Last edited:
I have no idea what the life expectancy of a steel coaster is but I doubt they're replacing it cause its "worn down." I mean take Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom for example its had loads of work done but not a complete retracking to my knowledge and its almost 3 decades older.. I mean is the track even being replaced? Is there a different angle we should all be looking at here? Where is the track they've taken down? So many things to consider here. Fun times for all ahead...

Hulk track may not last long as Space Mountain because it's exposed to Florida's elements 24/7 :shrug:

Hulk track may not last long as Space Mountain because it's exposed to Florida's elements 24/7 :shrug:

I can't imagine that being an issue when BGT has Kumba running since 1993 without any track replacements...and besides the launch, its VERY similar to the Hulk

This is the thing about Space track... it has been maintain enough to last 40 years so far, but by no means is Space Mountain's track in great condition. It's actually verging on dangerous if you speak with the right people, much like Pirates was before it's refurb (technical stuff). Don't be surprised to see SM go down for a long-ish refurb sooner rather than later. Hopefully it see's proper care and a nice upgrade before MK's 50th.

Anyway, Hulk....

Just as a point of order, SM has been partially retracked on a couple of occasions.

As for B&Ms, expected life span would be about 20-25 years without the need to retrack under ordinary circumstances. I don't know or pretend to know the reason for some sections being removed at the moment, but other B&Ms with onboard audio don't have a different gauge of track to support the extra weight so it won't be replaced for that reason. Bizarro at SFGAdv and Hollywood Dream at USJ both have onboard audio with exactly the same track structure as other models of the floorless and hyper respectively.

haven't been following this, but I thought they were just re-designing the queue? Why are they removing tracks? Are they "re-doing" the layout? I hope not.

I'd strap them to the back of a truck and drive around the freeway, selling free rides on the Incredible Hulk to disappointed vacationers who didn't know about the refurbishment.
Or put a sign on the truck. "Destination WDW. Disney finally got the rights to Marvel in Florida"....Bet that will fool some hardcore pixie dusters. :lol: