Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don't want to go on a whole thing...but Solo had more against it then just the main actor...besides it coming out when it did the film to me is just fine because of how they wrote Solo....he felt to me like a worst luke.

Now Young Lando....give me more of that..he felt right
Solo is an okay movie. It's not bad Star Wars by any means, but it's also just kind of there and i've only ever watched it once with no intention of watching it again because it just feels odd in the canon.

Worst Star Wars to me is...

The Rise of the Skywalker
The Clone Wars (2008)
The Phantom Menace
The Book of Boba Fett

Solo is an okay movie. It's not bad Star Wars by any means, but it's also just kind of there and i've only ever watched it once with no intention of watching it again because it just feels odd in the canon.

Worst Star Wars to me is...

The Rise of the Skywalker
The Clone Wars (2008)
The Phantom Menace
The Book of Boba Fett
I just felt...that Solo was the most meh part of Solo

Was much more interested in other things going on and would not mind a sequel show if Han gets to be...you know the character we love and not just another protagonist looking to do good

I just felt...that Solo was the most meh part of Solo

Was much more interested in other things going on and would not mind a sequel show if Han gets to be...you know the character we love and not just another protagonist looking to do good
Well, yeah. I'm not saying it was good, just like i'm not saying Obi-Wan was good. It was there, had some enjoyable parts, but I could've done without it. Donald Glover was good as Lando, but I doubt that Lando series ever happens.

Back on to Indiana Jones... I wonder if Disney will do a deal with Paramount to either straight up buy the existing four Indy movies off of them or to at least have them streaming on Disney+ before Dial of Destiny comes out. It'd be a shame if they don't work something out.

Jesus, every trailer is dropping today!
Gotta get them all out so that they play in front of Avatar :lol:

Reactions: TheGentTrent
Going to grit my teeth and probably avoid watching any trailers and go in as blind as I can but I dig the title and the idea of having some de-aged scenes. Cool way to get some more feasible action set pieces into the movie, not that I don't want to see old Indy kicking ass, because I totally do.

Reactions: belloq87
I believe about 6 minutes of the Moroccan TukTuk chase was screened at Star Wars Celebration, but I still haven't been able to see any footage of that yet online.

I remember John Rhys-Davies giving an interview about the Indiana Jones movies and he pointed out: “Have you ever noticed that the ones I’m in are the ones people actually like?”.

So this film has that much going for it at least. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The theatrical one-sheet Disney's released is absolutely gorgeous:
339981956_3457298261148994_628103886167787509_n.jpg
A very fitting continuation of the Richard Amsel/Drew Struzan poster aesthetics for the original movies. Also of note is the presence of "In Association with Paramount Pictures" and the Paramount logo. So it would appear that the standard "Paramount logo fades into a mountain" gimmick will likely remain the opening of the film just as in all of the previous movies.

Looks great to me

it could be bad but I bet its better then 4 and as good if not better then temple of doom
I think we can pretty much bank on this being better than CRYSTAL SKULL.

I have no real expectation that it will match any of the first three movies (which I think are all quite special adventure films), but as long as it's solidly "good," I'll be quite pleased.

Disney better hope this is as good as it looks because the budget for this film is astronomical at $300M which is nuts for a Indy film. Surely a good portion of that has to be for deaging Harrison Ford and then any practical effects work, fully built sets, etc.

Disney better hope this is as good as it looks because the budget for this film is astronomical at $300M which is nuts for a Indy film. Surely a good portion of that has to be for deaging Harrison Ford and then any practical effects work, fully built sets, etc.

I really hope its the de-aging and quality of sets rather than godawful CGI in every scene like Crystal Skull

I hope this does well enough to greenlight a decent Indy E-Ticket and land for DHS

That poster is absolutely gorgeous and damn near brings a tear to my eye. It's also the perfect teaser to seeing the movie. Don't need a single second of a trailer to be hyped after that.

Last edited: