Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

I don’t like giving WDWNT any clicks, is this confirmed or one of their totally happening for reelz guyz rumors?

Hmm, if this happens, I wonder how they'll handle the transitions from set to set. Also, when I heard update I was kinda hoping for more scenes based on some of the other movies.

Glad to hear they're updating this. I enjoy the show, EXCEPT for all of that banter and discussion of what they're doing. Hopefully they get rid of that for the most part and have the whole show action scenes.

Good point. The behind-the-scenes aspect is the most self-indulgent part of the current show. Especially since that’s not how movies are made anymore!

I somewhat hope, if they are going forward with changing the show up completely; is that they make an entirely new story, unique to call it a stunt show.

Strike the sets currently there, and make something unique and still feeling like Indiana Jones, without having to reference direct scenes from the film.

It's worth pointing out that Jim Hill reported a similar rumor not long ago.

Disney's thinking way too small if all they're planning is updating the show.

Strike the sets currently there, and make something unique and still feeling like Indiana Jones, without having to reference direct scenes from the film.

I'd hate to lose the boulder. That's a pretty impressive gag, especially if the guest doesn't know it's coming.

Presently, I would guess more than half the time is spent on describing what has happened, or what is going to happen. Replace that boring talk with more action and this could be a helluva show.

From WDWNT,

So they are ditching the Hollywood aspect of the stunt show..huh.

They’re ditching the filmmaking part all over the park. With Blu-Ray extras showing us the same basic things from our bed, the show had no need to continue to exist in current form.

That’s the park, now. It’s not about the magic of movie-making it’s the magic of the worlds that movies make. I really am wondering when they’ll remove “studios” from the park name.
They don’t need to remove Studios from the name as Studios can be looked at from the perspective of the various ones Disney owns (LucasFilm, WDSA, Pixar, Marvel, Fox, etc).

Also, the name just works.

They’re ditching the filmmaking part all over the park. With Blu-Ray extras showing us the same basic things from our bed, the show had no need to continue to exist in current form.

They don’t need to remove Studios from the name as Studios can be looked at from the perspective of the various ones Disney owns (LucasFilm, WDSA, Pixar, Marvel, Fox, etc).

Also, the name just works.

My problem with the behind the scene stuff at theme parks is that it's interesting but a kind of one and done experience.

Yeah, pretty much. Was the major problem with LMA. Can’t remember the last time I saw Indy.

I last saw it in 2016 and I think that was the first time this millennium because my wife hadn’t seen it yet and that was on our third trip together. I don’t suspect we’ll be seeing it again in its current format.

I love Epic and it’s always a must do for my family. It’s an exciting stunt show and one of the last of a dying breed.

That said, while the performers do a great job with the script, the filmmaking aspect is just make believe: neither educational or particularly factual, but it worked well enough with DHS’ old vision. Now it feels out of place and hokey.

I’d be happy to see this show reworked, refreshed, and improved. Though if it means we’ll be waiting even longer for an Indy ride...that is disappointing.