Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

I love Epic and it’s always a must do for my family. It’s an exciting stunt show and one of the last of a dying breed.

That said, while the performers do a great job with the script, the filmmaking aspect is just make believe: neither educational or particularly factual, but it worked well enough with DHS’ old vision. Now it feels out of place and hokey.

I’d be happy to see this show reworked, refreshed, and improved. Though if it means we’ll be waiting even longer for an Indy ride...that is disappointing.
It’s a great stunt show, but it has flaws.

Removing the movie-making elements would be highly beneficial.

It would be extremely sad if Disney decided not to put an Indiana Jones Ride in DHS; the franchise deserves more than just a stunt show and meet’n’greet. Hopefully that Jim Hill rumor is false.
What is the Hill rumor? To me, a stunt show upgrade has little correlation to whether a ride happens. There’s still room for a ride without removing the stunt show.

Jim Hill's rumor from last month:

- Revamped Stunt Spectacular
- A dedicated Indiana Jones gift shop (...even though there already is one...)
- Meet and greet

I guess, a new gift shop; that people are now forced to exit out of?

Either way, I would love to see changes made to the current show.

I guess, a new gift shop; that people are now forced to exit out of?

Maybe, but depending on which side of the amphitheater you exit out of, you already basically have to walk right past the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost store.

I want to see an adult version of the SDMT ride system for an Indy ride.

Done in a style to echo the mine cart chase from TEMPLE OF DOOM.

That would require a massive showbuilding to do it right, but I've always thought it could be the basis for an incredible coaster-style attraction.

Always thought that any Indy expansion to DHS will require at least the Stunt Show to be updated, no matter what. If we don't get Indy from DL or a Indy ride based on the Shanghai tech, I'd at least hope for a Temple of Peril coaster. Anything to increase capacity.

Lets see what gets announced for Disneyland Paris in the next few months, I suspect if they (finally) get the long rumoured Indiana Jones ride it will be a 2 for 1 deal with the same ride going into DHS at some point.

I still have my heart set on the Shanghi POTC tech for this ride - we need a water ride at DHS.

Maybe, but depending on which side of the amphitheater you exit out of, you already basically have to walk right past the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost store.

Done in a style to echo the mine cart chase from TEMPLE OF DOOM.

That would require a massive showbuilding to do it right, but I've always thought it could be the basis for an incredible coaster-style attraction.

Either that or a Donkey Kong County coaster. ONe of those just HAS to be built soon. Or both would be fine too.

I hope the Indy show stays but if they were to do a Indiana Jones land I heard a rumor somewhere that their would be an Indy dark ride I guess similar to Tokyo DisneySea or DL and a roller coaster from DLP. I’m not sure if all of that has enough room for a Indy land at DHS unless Indy goes to DAK.

*Blows the dust off this thread*

So any word on if they are still considering anything for this area? That whole plot is ripe for something large. If they put a ride in there that would finally bring DHS's ride count to double digits.

I would like to see something akin to Big Grizzly Mountain but in Indiana Jones fashion. It would provide a perfect thrill for something that's a little more thrilling than Slinky but not as wild as RnRC.

If they really wanted to, they could put a simple flume ride in there just so the park can finally have a water ride. Kill two birds with one stone and make a whole Indy land.

*Blows the dust off this thread*

So any word on if they are still considering anything for this area? That whole plot is ripe for something large. If they put a ride in there that would finally bring DHS's ride count to double digits.

I would like to see something akin to Big Grizzly Mountain but in Indiana Jones fashion. It would provide a perfect thrill for something that's a little more thrilling than Slinky but not as wild as RnRC.

If they really wanted to, they could put a simple flume ride in there just so the park can finally have a water ride. Kill two birds with one stone and make a whole Indy land.
It’s been so long since we’ve had an announcement for new rides I forgot it was possible