Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular - Changes to Show

Apr 21, 2013
Hi All -

May have been changed a while ago, but man they made some pretty mild changes to the show that are far less fun...

1) The German fighter now doesn't get killed by the propeller? It's iconic and now he just gets shot?

2) ...and this one is far worse. They actually pause the scene right before the truck blows up in Cairo, and then start up the scene again. It totally destroys the momentum of the scene.

Does anyone know why they changed these two things?

if the trap door isnt working they just shoot the German mec.Also if something isnt working right they will pause a scene then pick it back up to make sure its safe for the actors.

Hi All -

May have been changed a while ago, but man they made some pretty mild changes to the show that are far less fun...

1) The German fighter now doesn't get killed by the propeller? It's iconic and now he just gets shot?

2) ...and this one is far worse. They actually pause the scene right before the truck blows up in Cairo, and then start up the scene again. It totally destroys the momentum of the scene.

Does anyone know why they changed these two things?

Sounds like you got B mode.

So just saw this again for the first time in a few years…now there is no shooting the guy with the sword. There is no truck blowing up. No audience participation.

This is such a shell of its former self. Indiana Jones is one of my favorite franchises, but even I have to say it’s time for this to go.

So just saw this again for the first time in a few years…now there is no shooting the guy with the sword. There is no truck blowing up. No audience participation.

This is such a shell of its former self. Indiana Jones is one of my favorite franchises, but even I have to say it’s time for this to go.
I'm kinda baffled this show is still around. It takes up a huge chunk of space.

The Indiana Jones ride should have been cloned at every Disney resort IMO

Unfortunately I think the time for that is over

Glad the audience participation went away. I hated that part of the show. But I would miss any of the action sequences being cut.

Glad the audience participation went away. I hated that part of the show. But I would miss any of the action sequences being cut.
Straight up there’s no actual live gunfire anymore. Even when he uses the handgun to break open the cockpit to save Marion, now he just kicks it.

And no one dies in the show (except for the propeller I guess). That whole scene with the gun on the plane killing those 5 soldiers? Nope, it shoots, misses all of them, and they cower and run away.

Look Disney has been about as PC as any organization in the industry right now, and I’m sure they don’t want to do anything that triggers kids who may have been through something like a school shooting which is understandable. But - this is INDIANA JONES. People’s faces get melted off and Nazis get blown to bits. It’s a violent franchise. So just get rid of the show.(Personally, I wish they would go the Universal route and give a warning that’s there’s gunfire before the show like Bourne or Waterworld, but it is Disney)

Simply put, it’s lame now. They took away some of the best moments and @Mad Dog, the interactions between the cast and crew without the guests is cringe worthy because they didn’t change any of the dialogue or moments which were built for a guest focused show. For example, that fake fight scene with Marion is still there, but doesn’t work at all now that everyone automatically knows he’s a stunt actor and not a guest.

Last edited:
Straight up there’s no actual live gunfire anymore. Even when he uses the handgun to break open the cockpit to save Marion, now he just kicks it.

And no one dies in the show (except for the propeller I guess). That whole scene with the gun on the plane killing those 5 soldiers? Nope, it shoots, misses all of them, and they cower and run away.

Look Disney has been about as PC as any organization in the industry right now, and I’m sure they don’t want to do anything that triggers kids who may have been through something like a school shooting which is understandable. But - this is INDIANA JONES. People’s faces get melted off and Nazis get blown to bits. It’s a violent franchise. So just get rid of the show.(Personally, I wish they would go the Universal route and give a warning that’s there’s gunfire before the show like Bourne or Waterworld, but it is Disney)

Simply put, it’s lame now. They took away some of the best moments and @Mad Dog, the interactions between the cast and crew without the guests is cringe worthy because they didn’t change any of the dialogue or moments which were built for a guest focused show. For example, that fake fight scene with Marion is still there, but doesn’t work at all now that everyone automatically knows he’s a stunt actor and not a guest.

This is extremely disappointing.

And it's concerning for INDIANA JONES 5 (made by Disney).

They should change them to laser guns like in Star Wars

But yes a warning about loud pyro should be expected...as should gunfire and explosions during an Indiana Jones show

Sadly, I think Bourne will be the last theme park stunt show ever made at Disney or Universal