Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Innoventions West Closing

^ Thanks. I don't believe I ever entered the east building for whatever reason. What a crapper that Disney would just shut down the west. I don't understand their behavior resort wide other than evil greed.

It sounds like they've actually had a big plan in place to rejuvenate Epcot as a whole for the past fifteen years or so, but I think what happens is that they go ahead and enact some of the easier, cheap parts of the plan like shutter Innoventions West in preparation to overhaul or rebuild the building, and then of course the actual money to pull off the whole plan never shows up. Doesn't make it right, and it might be something of an oversimplification, but that's the sense I get.

It sounds like they've actually had a big plan in place to rejuvenate Epcot as a whole for the past fifteen years or so, but I think what happens is that they go ahead and enact some of the easier, cheap parts of the plan like shutter Innoventions West in preparation to overhaul or rebuild the building, and then of course the actual money to pull off the whole plan never shows up. Doesn't make it right, and it might be something of an oversimplification, but that's the sense I get.
From what I hear a new Illuminations is FINALLY on the way, but that will be the minimum they could do (aside from already announced Frozen and new soarin' film). Martin seems to indicate there is plans for the park after DHS... so we won't be seeing results quite literally for about 10 years as he stated 2025 as the date currently being eyed.

From what I hear a new Illuminations is FINALLY on the way, but that will be the minimum they could do (aside from already announced Frozen and new soarin' film). Martin seems to indicate there is plans for the park after DHS... so we won't be seeing results quite literally for about 10 years as he stated 2025 as the date currently being eyed.

They should call it IllumiNEWtions.

They should call it IllumiNEWtions.
Something new needs to come to the park.

Can you imagine once the DHS additions are done and a hypothetical 2025 timeline (at best), what shape Future World will be in? It's already a shell of it's former self, simply a mess. I think we're running on the 30th anniversary of Captain EO this year (or next?) and the many has been dead for 5 already. Journey and Energy are sad, Wonders isn't even there anymore for all intents and purposes, Mission: Space ended up being a complete fail and while Nemo does draw kids to The Seas, the ride is horrible.

Frozen is only going to make things worse as a mega IP is going into a low capacity ride. Epcot may well be in shambles at it's 40th.

Epcot survives on the festivals, DHS doesn't have that crutch. The issues at the Disney parks are just beginning to show their ugly heads.
FWIW, I think we're making too many adoptions about time frames right now.

Epcot survives on the festivals, DHS doesn't have that crutch. The issues at the Disney parks are just beginning to show their ugly heads.
FWIW, I think we're making too many adoptions about time frames right now.
Oh I know we are about time frames, but I was just using a hypothetical example.

And yeah, sure the park survives on it's Festivals, but the ACTUAL park is going to deteriorate to embarrassing lows by the time it actually receive any real attention.