Inside the NBCUniversal Evolution Plan – January 7, 2013 Framework | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Inside the NBCUniversal Evolution Plan – January 7, 2013 Framework

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wonder what this is about:

The plan will include two hotels and the studio will begin construction on a new Harry Potter theme park attraction as well as the production facilities upgrades. Plans for digital signs on the outlying areas facing the residential area will be eliminated, but they will be erected inside the Universal grounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://insideuniversal.net/2013/02/inside-the-nbcuniversal-evolution-plan-january-7-2013-framework/

Ok, so we got plans for the complex in the future, as said, the plan gives an idea of what Universal City may be in the future. Now we got T2, what does it mean by "Refurbished existing attraction"? Give ideas. We have 8 new attractions that are being planned. We currently have 14 attractions, that leaves us to 6 attractions that "might" stay, which are: Shrek, Tour, TF, Mummy, Jurassic, and Simpsons. We got the hotels planned at the front of the park, how might this affect traffic and the look of the entrance? This may provide shade since the front barely has shade. Over by the Central Park area, there is a building just to the right, will this bring back the Shrek snacks and stores, or the Western street? WaterWorld.. what might this be in the future, HP stuff? Then we got the tram garage, which may be an attraction in the future, will be an addition to the tour or something else?

Ok, so we got plans for the complex in the future, as said, the plan gives an idea of what Universal City may be in the future. Now we got T2, what does it mean by "Refurbished existing attraction"? Give ideas.
I think it's fairly obvious that Terminator's venue is becoming Despicable Me. I see little despite about that.

We have 8 new attractions that are being planned. We currently have 14 attractions, that leaves us to 6 attractions that "might" stay, which are: Shrek, Tour, TF, Mummy, Jurassic, and Simpsons. We got the hotels planned at the front of the park, how might this affect traffic and the look of the entrance? This may provide shade since the front barely has shade. Over by the Central Park area, there is a building just to the right, will this bring back the Shrek snacks and stores, or the Western street? WaterWorld.. what might this be in the future, HP stuff? Then we got the tram garage, which may be an attraction in the future, will be an addition to the tour or something else?
I think we need to hold back before we talk about the removal of the tour (which I doubt will ever leave), Transformers (it's staying), Jurassic Park (it's staying), Mummy (it's staying) and the Simpsons (hint...it's staying). This might be a forward looking plan, but you're talking about attractions that either won't be removed, or aren't on the chopping block for the next 5-10 (and dare I say, 15) years. This evolution plan covers just that - 5-10 years, and I'm guessing 80% of the attractions you just listed are going to stay.

Having said that, the areas to focus on now would be WaterWorld, Shrek and Curious George and perhaps Special Effects.

As for the other stuff you mentioned about the hotel, I have absolutely no idea. Any comments about that would be pure speculation at this point, and I'm not at sure what they're going to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only ride i see leaving/getting a change in theme earlier than 10 years is The Simpsons. I sincerely don't see that lasting. I see Mummy getting maybe a few updates to tie into the franchise reboot that's coming.

Also Jon, since they're planning an attraction where the tram garage is, where do you think they'll keep the trams afterwards instead?