Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

IOA Fun Facts

I would recommend writing to Mark Woodbury, c/o Universal Creative and ask for the original text of the backstory. Don't be surprised when you get a kind reply.
Out of curiosity, is it worth writing to people at Universal Creative? I'd love to write to Woodbury and Aiello, but I don't know if it'd be worth the postage. Also, should I include a return envelope, or is it safe to assume they've got their own postage?

I'd also want to write to Woodbury about who did the voice of Doom, because it's kinda weird how EVERY OTHER RIDE in Universal has their voice cast list known but Doom is just "nope. We don't have info on the generic late '90s deep voice." And Neil Ross only did his voice from 1994 to 1995. IDK about Simon Templeton and I doubt it's Lorne Kennedy since he only did his voice in the Capcom games. So it had to be Tom Kane (maybe imitating Ross cough goddamnit Ross cough) because he voiced him in 1998, a year before the ride opened. And the VAs from the cartoon he did it in voiced the characters in the Spider-Man ride. Speaking of which, how about the voices in the Hulk launch tunnel pre and post refurb? The guy is definitely African-American, LOL. And I kinda wanna see Steven Blum voice Wolverine in the park. Come on, bub. It's Bleve Stum/Spike Spiegel.

Can we please have someone who KNOWS, not thinks, but KNOWS, either verify or debunk this rumor? It's as bad as the "outlines of the FF outside Doom's" rumor.
Personally, it don't think it's true. It would make absolutely NO sense, and I've kept my ears open and never heard it.
I think he didn't actually die, but more like this:
Isn't there a place in the park were you can hear somebody die? I think its Iron Man, but not sure.
And I think it's Hawkeye. Who didn't "die," but just got severely weakened.

I believe the person you hear die is Captain America not wolverine or tony stark.
Darn it. I wanted to hear Bleve Stum die.
I think this was in another thread but I go here every year and always walk by and literally have never heard this. Also I believe there's another one that's supposedly there is Wolverine going crazy or something like that. Has anyone ever heard these?
I think the Wolverine one is true, because after all, it is Steve Blum. He needs to show off his vocal talent. I would've absolutely LOVED to hear that if this was a year ago. Now? Eh, I'll take Bumper Robinson or John Reilly or maybe Chris Cox...

The Avengers are out of town
Hawkeye being out of town? What kind of witchcraft is this?
(Wow, too many posts. Should remember to multiquote next time.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity, is it worth writing to people at Universal Creative? I'd love to write to Woodbury and Aiello, but I don't know if it'd be worth the postage. Also, should I include a return envelope, or is it safe to assume they've got their own postage?
I have met Mike A a couple of times and while busy he tries to make time for everything. Send him a letter and I'm pretty sure you will get a response. Much less of the corporate wall around these people, you can often see them in the parks as they go about their daily tasks.
I met Woodbury once while Kong was being built, Seems like he is about the same.

Can we please have someone who KNOWS, not thinks, but KNOWS, either verify or debunk this rumor? It's as bad as the "outlines of the FF outside Doom's" rumor.
Personally, it don't think it's true. It would make absolutely NO sense, and I've kept my ears open and never heard it.

LOL that's been the explanation I've known since the park opened in '99. If anyone can confirm anything different, please do.

1. In the ride, just after Hobgoblin's attack on the bridge there is a phone number on the marquee of the Coup Theatre. If you call the number there is a message about the theater being closed as a result of the battle. (407)224-1783. This number used to belong to Thierry Coup, the Creative Director for the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. The message that plays is as follows:
"Thank you for calling the Coup Theatre. Due to the recent unpleasantness caused by Doc Ock and his gang of villains, we will be closed until further notice, or at least until Spider-Man can make our city safe again."

Tried to call the number and it no longer works : (

Also I believe there's another one that's supposedly there is Wolverine going crazy or something like that. Has anyone ever heard these?
I told this to my friend Natasha (no relation to Boris) and she said "He's always going crazy over something" bub, you asked?!