IOA Lagoon Show | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

IOA Lagoon Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So freakin' excited for this. Can't wait to see that lagoon light up with pyro, fountains or whatever is in store. :happy:

From AmusementPics

Out in the lagoon a bunch of little floats are bobbing along. It appears that there are ten of them all around the middle of the lagoon. There is no discernible pattern to the floats right now, and no definite sign of what they are for but this fits with the rumor that there will be a new lagoon show coming to IOA next summer, and the reports that Oceaneering workers have been on site for the past couple of weeks.

ishleNa2ZSV5V.jpg

ibsISttGzAEpPk.jpg

ibmXm7oNmxcLye.jpg

iOD6UiL7QM1yq.jpg

Whoa whoa whoa, coming next summer as in Summer 2014 is what there saying?

For the record I'm going with a Summer 2013 on this show as I have since last year.

HTF, people commonly mistake how to use "this" and "next" when referring to seasons. I'm betting that they meant to say this Summer.

Oh ok, just thought if they think TF can be done in less than 12 months but its gonna take 18 months for some fountains, ..................., and pyro then well :lol:

I really, really hope they just adapt something similar to the old pyro show they used to have. Very similar to Illuminations in style and substance.

Use some fire, water, and pyro set to music.

Some of the bouys were there the first week in January, but I didn't honestly think much of it because I never really pay a lot of attention to the lagoon at IOA. There is plenty of space to watch this show too. The path behind Me Ship the Olive, as mentioned the Jurassic Park Discovery Center, behind Mythos, down near Sneech Beach, The area of Port of Entry that used to be the Island Skipper Tours queue, and behind the restaurants in Marvel. Only Potter wouldn't have a vantage point. Is it as much viewing area as Universal Studios has? No. But there's plenty to make it worthwhile.

I agree. I know a lot of people compare IOA to World Showcase and complain that there shouldn't be structures between the midway and the lagoon, but I kind of like it. I like that it is different.

For a nighttime show, people will catch on and realize how many great vantage points there really are as you described. I really like hanging out on the backside of Mythos. A nice retreat.

Some of the bouys were there the first week in January, but I didn't honestly think much of it because I never really pay a lot of attention to the lagoon at IOA. There is plenty of space to watch this show too. The path behind Me Ship the Olive, as mentioned the Jurassic Park Discovery Center, behind Mythos, down near Sneech Beach, The area of Port of Entry that used to be the Island Skipper Tours queue, and behind the restaurants in Marvel. Only Potter wouldn't have a vantage point. Is it as much viewing area as Universal Studios has? No. But there's plenty to make it worthwhile.

Potter has the Three Broomsticks patio that they could probably reserve for an upcharge

I agree. I know a lot of people compare IOA to World Showcase and complain that there shouldn't be structures between the midway and the lagoon, but I kind of like it. I like that it is different.

For a nighttime show, people will catch on and realize how many great vantage points there really are as you described. I really like hanging out on the backside of Mythos. A nice retreat.
Mythos area needs to be modified to have an exit near the Potter end. Right now, it's a dead end per my October investigation

You are right on both counts, subject to how the show might be designed, Three Broomsticks would give a nice elevated look at the show. I guess it could make sense to allow the Mythos patio to open up towards the 'temporary' bridge area, but as I said I like the dead-end nature because it allows for the area to remain out of the way rather than act as a shortcut.

They probably wouldn't want to open it up, since they do have diners out on the patio at times and probably don't want a bunch of traffic. Plus there is an elevation/grade change that would be tough.

Is that in addition to the current area by Lombards?

I would be much more willing to spend $$$ for a VIP experience at Duff Gardens than at Lombards. I really, really like Cinespec too. Would be a lot of fun.

Back to IOA, something really unique would need to be offered for VIP viewing. There are too many good spots to grab for free. Much larger lagoon area than USF.

Not sure what is to become of Lombards but can't imagine it being cut.

I bought the deal at Lombards last year. My son and I had a great meal inside, then sat on the deck with coffee and a terrific dessert buffet whilst the show played just yards ahead.....fireworks going off behind us......awesome!
It was worth every penny.