Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it a "Water Theme Park"?!?

They had something very similar to this in the waterpark section of Hershey Park but they tore it down a few years ago. Not sure why they got rid of it but I remember that the capacity was awful and the thrills were minimal.
Yes. Ride looked great but it was boring as all heck, with forever waits. Prime example of why you can't always go by looks or You Tube videos, you need to experience an attraction.

To be a water theme park, I think there needs to be a variety of experiences. Disney clearly has two themed water parks with just water slides.

A water "theme park" needs to have a majority of themed rides with themed queues (remains to be seen), both table and quick service restaurants (check), a show (no, and IoA has Sinbad for the moment), and a parade / other type of entertainment (check, and IoA has a parade at Marvel).

That also helps define the difference between a amusement park + a theme park. Six Flags type parks have a small minority of themed rides, both table + quick service restaurants, sometimes a show (I think Cedar Point does?) and rarely a parade / other entertainment.

A couple of weeks ago I booked a vacation for 3/18. I then looked at the same dates and saw that I could make a reservation for the same time that would be $1,000.00 cheaper!!!!!!

I asked the reservation agent why the discrepancy. She told me that the cheaper offer didn't have tickets. I told her "Yes, it does!!!!" After going around in circles I FINALLY got the agent to confess that the cheaper offer contained older tickets that wouldn't be available during 3/18.

I asked her why tickets for 3 adults and 1 child for 5 days had gone up over $1,000.00 in 1 year. She went into a song and dance about how I would be able to visit Volcano Bay in 2018; how it was going to be SO SPECTACULAR.

Now, I don't really like water parks that much, neither do my kids BUT I want nothing to do with this park unless there's an elevator put in!!! I don't care that I won't have to haul a raft up the chute, FOR ALL THAT MONEY, THEY COULD INSTALL AN ELEVATOR!!!!

You don't have to get the 3 park tickets for the length of your stay. I think someone is trying to upsell you. Who uses an agent anymore? You can book all this yourself online.

A couple of weeks ago I booked a vacation for 3/18. I then looked at the same dates and saw that I could make a reservation for the same time that would be $1,000.00 cheaper!!!!!!

I asked the reservation agent why the discrepancy. She told me that the cheaper offer didn't have tickets. I told her "Yes, it does!!!!" After going around in circles I FINALLY got the agent to confess that the cheaper offer contained older tickets that wouldn't be available during 3/18.

I asked her why tickets for 3 adults and 1 child for 5 days had gone up over $1,000.00 in 1 year. She went into a song and dance about how I would be able to visit Volcano Bay in 2018; how it was going to be SO SPECTACULAR.

Now, I don't really like water parks that much, neither do my kids BUT I want nothing to do with this park unless there's an elevator put in!!! I don't care that I won't have to haul a raft up the chute, FOR ALL THAT MONEY, THEY COULD INSTALL AN ELEVATOR!!!!

My "problem" was/is that we're staying at the Royal Pacific. The "tickets" are included with the reservation.

My "problem" was/is that we're staying at the Royal Pacific. The "tickets" are included with the reservation.
Hmmmmm... That doesn't seem correct. Agents work off of commission so they usually try to book you at the highest rates for everything.

Do you even know what you ordered? Did you somehow purchase express pass tickets- which you wouldn't need if you were staying at Royal pacific. I mean- if you call and want to buy a "package"- then I go ahead and book you 3 park park hopper passes also- don't you know what you're buying?

Thatd be like buying a car but getting pissed because it had leather in it and they charged you 1800 for the upgrade. How about opening up the door and looking first? We do still have personal accountability to know what we're paying for before spending thousands- right?