Is Pokémon replacing Spider-Man at USJ? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Pokémon replacing Spider-Man at USJ?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't see it as a downgrade solely on a slower moving ride because that translates to more time in each scene. Since I'm assuming we're getting Mario Kart-level of theming quality that's a good thing.
I agree that a slower ride with rich sets is what a Pokémon ride needs….but this is replacing Spiderman. That ride was nearly perfect. It’s just a shame to see it go. While I think this will be a good ride in isolation, it won’t hold a candle to Spiderman.

Best of luck to Pokemon. But, Spider Man was attraction perfection. Nearly impossible to one up, or equal, perfection.
It really is something that that ride has been able to easily maintain that reputation for so long. Taking out that ride only means PKMN is going to be scrutinized a lot more because of that.

I agree that a slower ride with rich sets is what a Pokémon ride needs….but this is replacing Spiderman. That ride was nearly perfect. It’s just a shame to see it go. While I think this will be a good ride in isolation, it won’t hold a candle to Spiderman.
I'm with you there but it's already been decided so just gotta roll with it. :sob:

I wonder if people in Japan are as attached to Spider-Man as people in the US? I wonder if that popularity (or lack of as the case may be) factored into the decision-making at all. Of all the rides to swap out I thought that would be one of the safe ones, but it could be reflection of how confident they are in its replacement. :neutral: