Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
For the Hidden Tracks, hold the Rockit logo down for about 8 seconds, then when you release a number pad appears. Plug in your number and hit submit/enter.
Here's the list of known Hidden Tracks, from Attractions Magazine:

#101 – The Temples of Syrinx by Rush
#102 – Blues Before and After by The Smithereens
#103 – Break on Through by The Doors
#104 – Crocodile Rock by Elton John
#105 – Do it Again by Steely Dan
#106 – Don’t You by Candlebox
#107 – Drivin’ Rain by Gov’t Mule
#108 – 8 Miles High by The Byrds
#109 – Fantasy by Aldo Nova
#110 – Fool by Rollins Band
#111 – For The Love Of God by Steve Vai
#112 – Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
#113 – Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin
#114 – Just Because by Jane’s Addiction
#115 – Live by Lenny Kravitz
#116 – Mexicola by Queens of The Stone Age
#121 – Runnin Down a Dream by Tom Petty
#122 – Start Me Up by The Rolling Stones
#123 – Stockholm Syndrom by Muse
#124 – Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin
#125 – The Great Gig in the Sky by Pink Floyd
#127 – Urgent by Foreigner
#128 – Vertigo by U2
#129 – Wheel in the Sky by Journey
#130 – Won’t Get Fooled Again by The Who
#131 – Klein Mandelbrot remix by The Blue Man Group
#132 – Drumbone by Blue Man Group
#301 – Float On by Modest Mouse
#302 – I Want You Back by The Jackson Five
#303 – In My Pocket by The Cat Empire
#304 – It’s Still Rock And Roll To Me by Billy Joel
#305 – Brothers Gonna Work it Out by Public Enemy
#306 – Lose Yourself by Eminem
#307 – Ride Like The Wind by Christopher Cross
#308 – Run to You by Bryan Adams
#309 – Save Room by John Legend
#310 – Vogue by Madonna
#311 – You Make Loving Fun by Fleetwood Mac
#312 – My Everything by Barry White
#504 – Smokin’ Gun by Robert Cray
#506 – The Thrill is Gone by BB King
#507 – Who Did You Think I Was by John Mayer Trio
#508 – Pivot by Dry
#701 – Cyanide by Metallica
#702 – Endangered Species by Flaw
#703 – For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica
#704 – Forever Down by Black Label Society
#705 – How Heavy This Axe by The Sword
#706 – Just One Fix by Ministry
#707 – Know your Enemy by Rage Against the Machine
#708 – Let’s Go by Ministry
#709 – Mouth for War by Pantera
#710 – Painkiller by Judas Priest
#711 – Paranoid by Black Sabbath
#712 – Temptation’s Wings by Down
#713 – The Wicker Man by Iron Maiden
#714 – Unreal by Ill Nino
#715 – Wake Up Dead by Megadeth
#716 – We Call This Mutha Revenge by Suicidal Tendencies
#718 – You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’ by Judas Priest
#772 – Dance or Die by Family Force 5 (active during Rock The Universe 2011)
#773 – Mess of Me by Switchfoot (active during Rock The Universe 2011)
#774 – Song by Casting Crown (active during Rock The Universe 2011)
#775 – Song by Third Day (active during Rock The Universe 2011)
#776 – Song by Brandon Heath (active during Rock The Universe 2011)
#777 – Eastern Hymn by David Crowder Band (active during Rock The Universe 2011)
#778 – Faceless by RED (active during Rock The Universe 2011)
#779 – Song by Tenth Avenue North (active during Rock The Universe 2011)
#780 – Zombie by Family Force 5
#781 – Song by Newsboys
#782 – Song by Skillet
#783 – Song by For King & Country
#784 – Song by Group 1 Crew
#785 – Song by Tenth Avenue North
#786 – Song by Tobymac
#901 – Movin’ Right Along by Kermit The Frog and Fozzy Bear
#902 – Rainbow Connection by The Muppets
#903 – Your Attitude Towards Cuttlefish by Paper Moon
#904 – Night on Bald Mountain by Modest Mussorgsky

I thought you had to press on the logo for 10 seconds?

Let's take a step back....RockIt was built as a quick attraction that was going to be connected to CityWalk. They went with the fastest and "cost-efficient" contractor. It was a novel idea at the time, ride the coaster, pick your soundtrack. It had the omni belts like HPFJ to "help" capacity. At the time, HRRR was going to be a plus to CityWalk, not something that was going to draw thousands of guests. Universal eventually decided to include it as part of USF because at the time, USF was struggling and needed to draw attendance. The ride got some theming made up for it last minute and here it stands. HRRR was not intended to have the same max theoretical capacity as something like Hulk or Dragon Challenge or be a full ride like it.

Today, the ride is the way it is because of some engineering issues, but also because of what it became is not what it was designed for. The ride will never have Express because the capacity for an hour just isn't high enough to meet that 15 minute guarantee without severely and adversely affecting the line. I know this because I took my Premier pass to the parks one day over the summer when they just happened to have a field trial of Express at HRRR. Express wait time was nearly 45-60 minutes and the regular line was at around 180ish. Needless to say, Express didn't last long. Same reason the ride's Single Rides line gets to be just as long as the regular wait time sometimes.

RockIt does seem to have its fair share of technical issues, but so do all coasters. This one just happens to have onboard computers that make issues stand out more.

Also, there's no rule that USF can't have weather related closings. Just because it doesn't follow the pattern in doesn't mean it was a waste.

As a coaster, RockIt when smooth is a blast and still one of my favorite UO rides. That being said, I don't think it would kill Universal to update the soundtrack.

Its time that we stop beating the dead horse and demanding the ride be shut down and scrapped. It still attracts a ton of people and I'm pretty sure given the number of survey takers that UO is well aware of the feelings and issues with HRRR.

On a side note, I was recently told by a park employee working there once that the ride's designer killed himself shortly after the ride was built.

Have you tried the Hidden Tracks? At least it's a few more options :thumbs:

I have indeed tried them, but I have a hard time finding the time to input my music selections when I get on. If the music is working at all, I don't feel like I have enough time to get options in so I kinda go for the faster choices.

I thought you had to press on the logo for 10 seconds?

10 seconds will work :thumbs: Some say as little as 5, but that seems to short to me. I've always counted to 8 and the number pad comes up.

I have indeed tried them, but I have a hard time finding the time to input my music selections when I get on. If the music is working at all, I don't feel like I have enough time to get options in so I kinda go for the faster choices.

Are you trying to browse the songs and decide only once you've gotten to your seat? Or do you have a hard time getting on the seat and situated? I know the whole loading moment seems very rushed, but there's actually plenty of time. It's more psychological, with the anxiety caused by the trains constantly moving. I've always had time to spare to lock in my song, and even change my mind and switch the song on a few occasions :shrug: Then again, if you don't know what song you're going with before you take your seat, then I can see how you'd be in trouble.

I believe that some of the hidden tracks will disable the video feature due to licensing issues. Something to consider when choosing one - if you're really looking forward to seeing or purchasing a video of your ride.

I believe that some of the hidden tracks will disable the video feature due to licensing issues. Something to consider when choosing one - if you're really looking forward to seeing or purchasing a video of your ride.

That's right. Maybe even all of them do. Personally, I'm not interested in the least bit in buying the video. Especially since it's not even a full video of my ride...

Well Mr. Tom Riddle, is there anyway Universal, or even we for that matter, can fix HRRR?

That depends on what you think needs fixing. If its the roughness you're talking about, well I'm not an engineer yet, but I suppose you could probably do something. The vehicles aren't as bumpy as they once were. Any more than that and it requires a massive redesign of the ride. Not really worth it for what works for the general public.

Capacity and the lack of Express? No. Nothing you can do about that.

The only way Universal will pour significant resources into this ride is if it rolls back again.

HRRR was never intended to be an exclusive ride to just CityWalk. The investment, even with the cheapest contractor, would have been far to high. It was always intended to service USF and CityWalk. If you want to discuss why it has never been opened for admittance with CityWalk guest, once USF has closed for the evening, feel free.

HRRR was never intended to be an exclusive ride to just CityWalk. The investment, even with the cheapest contractor, would have been far to high. It was always intended to service USF and CityWalk. If you want to discuss why it has never been opened for admittance with CityWalk guest, once USF has closed for the evening, feel free.

It's too bad they didn't do it. I am sure it was the need to perform more maintenance hours on the trains than what was originally planned for. The gate access areas are all in place. The ride seems to get a more favorable reaction at night, would be great to have it available for Citywalk. On the other hand, with it being so rough, not the best thing to mix with booze.

We rode this again last Saturday and will say it sure is growing on me more and more each time I ride. Granted ive only ridden it about 10 times and have yet to experience any hardcore bone rattling so that may have something to do with it and what I like most is the uniqueness of it (vertical lift, loop) and some pretty decent air time also. If I had to choose between riding Everest or HRRR it would be Rockit all day long, to me its a better coaster.

I really hope they finally reach a point with the ride where they can open up to city walk after park close.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Something desperately needs a paint job . . .

HRRRRust-001.jpg

HRRRRust-002.jpg