Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
Last two times I've ridden Rockit, it's been extremely rough and uncomfortable. I can clearly see the trains wobbling unsteadily on track parts like the drop, and with what I was told are new, extremely heavier chasis, that could be wearing down on the wheels faster. While the concept isn't awful, I feel a different manufacturer could've done the ride more justice.

I find then smoother as of late, but then, perhaps I am just immune to the shaking etc; also, front will always be smoother and the back rougher.

I love coasters, but I had a dream that I fell off Rockit during the first loop and hit the pavement. I haven't ride it since because i am a wimp lol :lol:

Been a little while since I rode it last (2 days after it was featured on the news) but you could definitely tell the difference between the new RVs and the old ones. The new ones were much smoother, maybe even smoother than the first time I rode it.

You guys are a bunch of babies. Try coming up to New England for Wildcat and LC or Cyclone at SFNE.

I disagree, HRRR is very nice looking in a roller coaster point. It makes the park look more like a theme park than just a bunch of outdated simulators down the strip.

You guys are a bunch of babies. Try coming up to New England for Wildcat and LC or Cyclone at SFNE.

I disagree, HRRR is very nice looking in a roller coaster point. It makes the park look more like a theme park than just a bunch of outdated simulators down the strip.

Have you seen the music selection for the rockit? It's insanely outdated besides some songs. Also you have to admit the rockit is rough, people complain about gwazi 24/7 but when I get off this ride I feel like I came back from space. Sure those rollercoasters in Africa or whatever are probably way rougher but that still doesn't excuse rockit

The aongs are not outdated. Most from the 90's and 2000's. The crap most people like today doesn't deserve to go up on the list for it.

The songs are not outdated. Most from the 90's and 2000's. The crap most people like today doesn't deserve to go up on the list for it.

So pretty much what you're saying is that Universal should simply cater to your tastes and what you enjoy. That's incredibly closed-minded. Just because you think what people listen today is crap (I don't necessarily disagree) doesn't mean they shouldn't update the attraction.

The aongs are not outdated. Most from the 90's and 2000's. The crap most people like today doesn't deserve to go up on the list for it.

They are pretty outdated, there are like 2 black eyed peas songs and a bunch of other garbage from the early 2000's. The attraction needs to be updated for better or for worse when it comes to songs, needs more variety no matter what your music taste is

They are pretty outdated, there are like 2 black eyed peas songs and a bunch of other garbage from the early 2000's. The attraction needs to be updated for better or for worse when it comes to songs, needs more variety no matter what your music taste is

I'm sure that changing the songs consistently would've been something they would have focused on if the ride wasn't riddled with so many other problems.

Is Rockit a success or a failure? The ride has it's issues, but guests love it. And that, in my book, is a success.

I went on the Coaster at NYNY in Vegas couple of weeks back, now that is a rough coaster!! I felt nothing getting off that.

At least with HRRR I actually feel an adrenalin rush, rather than battered!

I never listen to the default song choices...the "hidden list" has so many options I can always find something I enjoy listening to, even if the ride is rough. Sometimes I'll single rider queue rockit just to listen to a song that's been stuck in my head lol

the song selection on Rock it is pretty Pathetic. Outdated or not some of those choices are baffling.

Limp Bizkit? seriously? who likes that song anymore? :bonk: :lol: That song is really awful.

the Rock selection is laughable. there is nothing in there that was ever good even when those songs came out.

Not only is Rock it Outdated but they didn't even choose GOOD songs from the 90s and early 2000s, I Love the coaster but the song selection is so bad. I Always have to choose a hidden song.

Rockit is a success...Sure, the ride has it's issues, but so does every other state of the art rollercoaster. Remember Rockit is the first of its kind.
For the music issues: Today's music is not garbage at all...Just because it is modern, everyone not born in this era will agree that today's music is "garbage". The 1980's developed some of the greatest music of all time, but there was still some people then that said the music was 'garbage'. The music does need to be updated, I personally get extremely tired of listening to the same songs everytime I ride: Don't Funk With My Heart-Black Eyed Peas, Sabotage-Beastie Boys, Paralyzer-Finger Eleven, Stronger-Kanye West. It just gets boring. (Which will never change the fact that Rockit is an extremely fun rollercoaster and the ride layout never gets boring itself.)

I could definitely see a refurb on the songs, they can throw in not just present day songs, but maybe more 80s or 70s songs. I'd laugh if Walk This Way or Love In An Elevator was one of them! :happy:

Rode this on Tuesday for the first time in a very long time....and it's still rough as heck.(worse than my last ride on Hulk) even my bro almost blacked out on the ride...and that never happens!

I wouldn't shed a single tear if they took a wrecking ball to that thing.