Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is the VIP experience worth it?

May 13, 2017
My bf's birthday is coming up in July and I am thinking of surprising him with the VIP experience. Tix for the his birthday (which is on a weekend) is running at $399/pp. It's a bit expensive, especially for the both of us. Just wondering if it is worth it. The last time we were at Universal Studios was in 2004. He enjoyed it a lot back then and he wants to ride the rides at Harry Potter world. I like to learn about the history of movies so being able to see the backlot stuff is cool too.

Also, if we get the VIP experience, can we enter the park during early opening at 8 AM?

My bf's birthday is coming up in July and I am thinking of surprising him with the VIP experience. Tix for the his birthday (which is on a weekend) is running at $399/pp. It's a bit expensive, especially for the both of us. Just wondering if it is worth it. The last time we were at Universal Studios was in 2004. He enjoyed it a lot back then and he wants to ride the rides at Harry Potter world. I like to learn about the history of movies so being able to see the backlot stuff is cool too.

Also, if we get the VIP experience, can we enter the park during early opening at 8 AM?

Can I be your BF please :lol:

Seriously though that is a fantastic gift for any fan. Haven't done it myself but have looked into a few times but couldn't never justify the cost on top of an already expensive vacation.

Would also like to hear from people who have been on it and maybe a review from you if you and up doing it :thumbsup:.

Welcome to the forum by the way :wave:

Thanks for the replies. I am leaning towards doing it since we haven't been to Universal Studios since 2004 and this has been a tough year (personal and workwise for my boyfriend). I know he'll love it. If I do, I'll be sure to write a review about it.

If you have the VIP pass, can you go during early opening hour?

Also, I read, they take you to some of the more popular rides as a group (for front of pass seating). If you were to want to ride the rides again later in the evening, can you go on your own and use the VIP pass to get front of line access?

Thanks for the replies. I am leaning towards doing it since we haven't been to Universal Studios since 2004 and this has been a tough year (personal and workwise for my boyfriend). I know he'll love it. If I do, I'll be sure to write a review about it.

If you have the VIP pass, can you go during early opening hour?

Also, I read, they take you to some of the more popular rides as a group (for front of pass seating). If you were to want to ride the rides again later in the evening, can you go on your own and use the VIP pass to get front of line access?

For the VIP you'll have to pick a specific time, as they are scheduled throughout the day. For front line access, you'll have a VIP lanyard the whole day so in the afternoon you'll be able to break off from the group and still use it to ride.

You will have a special time to enter the VIP Lounge at the main gate...this does not consist with early entry into the park.

From there you will have a light buffet breakfast which will then lead you to meet your guide for the day. Make sure to tell them your favorite Universal films and they can cater information on films you enjoy. The guide will give you a special tour throughout the backlot and front lot which is worth the price if you love studio tours. When you return to the park, you will have preferred treatment for lunch and reserved seating at all shows (only Waterworld is worth it). Once the Tour Guide leaves the party, you will have unlimited access to all the rides with front of the line access. *Note: Do not skip the line for Forbidden Journey. It may be a long wait, but the queue is most of the fun for fans.

For a gift, its great. I always suggest choosing the earliest time option for your tour. This is what Orlando cannot offer!

I did the VIP experience on Sat and it was a blast. I had a great time and my bf loved it a lot. I haven't seen him this happy in a long time. The tour was a lot of fun. Got to learn a lot about the history of Universal Studios, the backlot and the prop department. We didn't really get to partake in the continental breakfast since we were running late (just made it in time to start the tour). The lunch buffet was excellent. Even though it was one of the hottest days of the year, we had a great time (our tour guide kept everybody amply supplied with iced bottle water). Our tour guide Miles was great. A fountain of information with a wicked sense of humor. Since we were running late, I didn't get a chance to get my validation for the valet parking and I also forgot to ask for a bday pin for my bf. Miles took care of that for us during our lunch break (which we appreciated). It was nice to be able to walk on some of the backlots, as well as to walk around the area with the downed plane and hear about the history of that.

It was nice to be able to get great seats at the Waterworld show. First time I've seen the show and I even went later in the evening to see it again (and to get pics with the cast). It was also fun to be able to walk onto the rides without waiting. Since it was a Sat, the park was pretty crowded. Lines were running around 45 minutes long (for those with no VIP or FOL passes).

Only negative item was that I didn't particularly care for the a lot of the rides. I felt really queasy after the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride. I also felt the same way with the Transformers ride (probably because of the 3D aspect of it). I love roller coasters and such but not sure why those rides made me feel queasy. I went on most of the rides only once, but my bf went on a few of the rides a few times. He had a blast.

I even volunteered to be on the Special Effects show and was picked to be the screamer lady. That was cool and a lot of fun.

I will write up a trip report later this week. To link pictures on here, will I have to put the pics on my photobucket account and share on here? I have never written a trip report, so not sure how to do that.