Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem

Good catch, I wonder why they even bother having Cindy in there. Maybe there are still plans to bring her the event someday.

In the case, she was canned for a Icon TWICE. once at the original Islands of Fear and then as we know, XX. I wouldn't be surprised if what I hope next year, has her in some capacity and not as a Icon.

It's looking like these will be our scenes (in alphabetical order):

At least one scene with Jack
Castle Vampyr
Dead End
Dracula
The Forsaken
Frankenstein
Gothic
Havoc
H.R. Bloodengutz
Leave it to Cleaver
Mummy
Nightingales
Scary Tales
Wolfman

I can't find where Cleaver was said by A&D but according to someone on OI it's in there. Jack isn't confirmed either but come on, we all know he gets at least one scene. Dollhouse of the Damned is rumored but unconfirmed from what people are saying on OI. If we only get 15 scenes then it'd make sense for Jack to have two.

Last edited:
Jack is going to be in there many times. Also, don't forget the Classic Universal Monsters! Wouldn't it be crazy if Eddie showed up too?

Just a thought. :thumbsup:

Overall that's a pretty good line up of houses. A little bit of everything, not as 21 heavy as we thought it would be for sure. I think the classic monsters are a bit out of place but Definitely an improvement over hallowd past. I guess it all just now depends on the scenes they use and their placement. This could be really really awkwardly paced or insanely good. To me it could be either way but I have hopes

While that's certainly not my "ideal" lineup of scenes, I'm still quite excited. I really wish The Thing had made it in there, but oh well. The inclusion of Scary Tales alone makes me a happy camper. As others have said, its success depends entirely on the pacing and layout. I have high hopes!

I wanted to talk about M&M for a second. It might be HHN heaven to all of us fans, however to any normal person who's never been to the event before, it's probably a disjointed mess with nothing to tie it all together. I personally think it's a tad overrated for that reason alone. It wasn't made for everyone and that's a big problem in my eyes. Any of you agree?

I wanted to talk about M&M for a second. It might be HHN heaven to all of us fans, however to any normal person who's never been to the event before, it's probably a disjointed mess with nothing to tie it all together. I personally think it's a tad overrated for that reason alone. It wasn't made for everyone and that's a big problem in my eyes. Any of you agree?

No.

Its a solid house full of solid scares from solid houses of the past. Anyone can realize that even if you aren't familiar with whats being presented. What helps further from the great sets are that this house is full of good scares! Both times I have done this house so far I have gotten a solid scare in practically every room.

I feel I am just becoming more of a 'super fan' or something this year. I went to HHN7, but I do not recall any of the details of the houses other than recalling being very impressed with the sets (oddly enough, I Rember the general theme to Bill and Ted that year).

We started going regularly around 22 (I think, the year with seven houses) and only went one night that year. I think we two nights after that and I know last year we went four nights.

So I am not a first time goer, but I loved this house. I appreciate how long it is (glad I heard on here that end scenes were cut for I think that explains to me why I felt it was a little too long, but I think that is just because it dies off a bit towards the end).

Sure I love that Gothic is in there for I feel that and Dead End where my favorites from that year.

But as others said, the scares are great and the sets are incredible, plus the length of the house makes it worth the wait, so although I am not a first time visitor, I did not find the house disjointed nor do I think it is overrated and I think the first time visitor will appreciate this one!

The one thing I can't place in the house is the person that pops out of the double doors at the end of the ghost hallway and screams.

I think we are all biased fans in this argument. I went with a friend who's only experience with the event was last year and he had absolutely no idea what was going on within the house. I mean fairy tales to a pirate ship to WWI trenches to santas workshop. I was really happy because I got every reference thrown at me but to him, it was a mess. This house isn't for everybody, sure the sets are fantastic and it is scary at times but probably around 10% of the people going through it will actually understand and know what all of these things are. I'm sure guests will be satisfied either way because the scary people go boo but I still think this is a problem that effects the house

I think we are all biased fans in this argument. I went with a friend who's only experience with the event was last year and he had absolutely no idea what was going on within the house. I mean fairy tales to a pirate ship to WWI trenches to santas workshop. I was really happy because I got every reference thrown at me but to him, it was a mess. This house isn't for everybody, sure the sets are fantastic and it is scary at times but probably around 10% of the people going through it will actually understand and know what all of these things are. I'm sure guests will be satisfied either way because the scary people go boo but I still think this is a problem that effects the house

Most of the group I was with had only been going since 21-22 and they all loved the house sooooooo..... ?

Most of the group I was with had only been going since 21-22 and they all loved the house sooooooo..... ?
But then again though a good chunk of this house is recent hits 21-23. No matter what the years were though you can't deny the scenes weren't jarring setting wise, if this was someone's first HHN house ever (probably the case of many because it's right at the front) it would be a very confusing first house at that lol